Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Hollismason posted:

What's the original ending of Justice League.

5 years later card,

Knightmare sequence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Pirate Jet posted:

Snyder said himself he would investigate options for a comics continuation, which would be the first trade I buy in years.

If the comics do well there's a decent chance WB makes an animated adaptation years later, which would be even funnier.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Martman posted:

Just curious if any reviews will claim they loved the Russian family and taking it out ruined the movie.

What if they really liked the 1989 Batman Danny Elfman soundtrack?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

They're in luck. There's a WAY better movie with that exact same soundtrack.

But Batman kills more people in it?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Yeah, dodgy facial CGI on Cavill and bad dialogue aside, I kind of liked the opening montage. But as soon as we got to the Gotham rooftop, the Batman 1989 music swelled, the whole thing lost me.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

The actual worst line of dialogue delivered in a Batman movie is from Batman's parting words to Gordon in Dark Knight Rises, and it's one that could easily have been fixed by cutting out a few words instead of letting it all jumble.

(Of course, that twitter thread asserts that, conversely, MCU characters talk like real people)

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Even if we accept that midwestern upbringing is the paragon to which all other American childhoods pale next to, the guy spent like a decade as a drifter and then Zod happened.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Alexander Hamilton posted:

What's funny about this is that both Batman & Superman explicitly prove their declarations wrong later in the film, while Lex is right but not in the way he expected. That's probably why people get confused by these movies.

Irony poisoning means you can't recognize literary irony anymore either.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

I just finished rewatching MoS (haven't done so since circa Justice League). Man, for a 2.5 hour movie it really just flies along once it leaves Krypton.

I like how it spends a brief moment in present time, then takes a breather with a flashback. The present time stuff really happens at a breakneck pacing, but the flashbacks tell a story of his childhood that doesn't really outstay its welcome either.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

josh04 posted:

What possible reason can there be for the mofoodbox not being available at release?!

WB doesn't really want any kind of campaign surrounding ZSJL to succeed. Note that they have the same anonymous WB execs leaking "we still hate this it still sucks" messaging to the usual suspects.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

hiddenriverninja posted:

http://zacksnydersjusticeleague.dcuniverseinfinite.com/motherbox-hunt-source

DC posted a community challenge to unlock a new track: "Middle Mass". Maybe it's because I went to the site on my phone but I couldn't do anything but listen to the percussion stem. I guess I'll just wait for the internet to do its thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhGla9UZqMA

You just click the bottom link in the square and the clue is a link back to the page. This youtube is what it unlocks.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

AccountSupervisor posted:

WB execs were blindsided by the critics reaction to BvS. They loved it and thought they had another Dark Knight in the bag. I even had a friend at the studio premiere who hates MoS tell me BvS was actually really good and he was surprised, standing ovation from the audience(typical of premieres though).

What WB execs are probably unhappy about right now is no matter how good they might think ZSJL is, they know Snyders vision will not make them the maximum profit possible. All they want is Marvel money and clout now and know Snyder cant deliver that. They tasted that 1bil funny with Aquman and WW, which makes it even more awkward because as long as they use those actors/characters, Snyder gets a credit and they can't ever fully escape his sphere.

It's funny to me because Snyder's production effort is how they're tasting those billion dollar box offices. Right now they're just back to fumbling one-offs and hoping to piece together another "cinematic multiverse" and they just can't stop meddling or flinging poo poo at the wall to see what sticks.

Like, Keaton, really?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

In my mind's eye Jupiter Ascending generally looked absolutely loving gorgeous which goes a long way to appeasing my tastes. I haven't rewatched it but maybe I should.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Robot Style posted:

Chris Terrio really likes having characters talk to their dead dads, doesn't he?

That's kind of Superman's thing.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

See that loving owns for a space aristocrat weirdo.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

You know what I really appreciate about Lex's plan? It's not an underpants gnomes real estate scheme.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Detective No. 27 posted:

That would have been redundant. Zod was the one obsessed with real estate.

"I will Free Real Estate him!"?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Detective No. 27 posted:

No. Joss minimized the roles of POC in any way he could.

You know that's what they actually meant when they said "lighter in tone"

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Mr. Apollo posted:

I was reading through the JL storyboards again and I thought it was cool that stars in the constellations are disappearing because of Darkseidís attacks.

It's a cool idea, but it's like that Starkiller sequence from TFA so you know we'd never hear the end of it from nerds.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Mr. Apollo posted:

That what I originally thought too but closed captioning has "Diana Prince" saying that line. What if it's a Knightmare scene.

She's dead in the Knightmare universe (though I guess that could've changed by now, but the trailers still seem to suggest her and Aquaman are both dead).

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

bushisms.txt posted:

Too bad the pfizer vax needs a second shot, wouldn't be dosed in time.

Even if you sneak a J&J shot it would still take more time than you have left for your immune system to catch up.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Martman posted:

This leak is kinda hilarious because anyone coming out with intense hatred about it is admitting either:

1) they were legitimately trying to watch Tom and Jerry, or

2) they heard about a Snydercut leak and immediately dropped everything to watch as much of it as they could in an hour and start tweetin'

Tom and Jerry is supposed to be "pretty good" or so I've heard. But yeah if you legitimately were a mid-afternoon Tom and Jerry watcher what are the odds you're also simultaneously an extremely online Snyder-hater?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Nobody's ever seen Stanwick and White in the same room?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Lord of the (Lantern) Rings

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Jimbot posted:

Man, he's so freaking excited!

Man, I'm just thinking about how much it sucked for him for the past 3 years, like

If you get hired for a supporting star role for a $1bn-rear end movie, that opens doors for you. He would have been on contract for 3 JL films plus supporting roles for Flash and whoever. Then he would have had his pick of projects and contracts. What's more, JL 1 was supposed to have a focus on your performance--like MoS was Cavill's, and BvS was Affleck's.

Instead the director you liked got muscled out, your entire character arc got deleted, you had to reshoot 75% of the thing under a guy with a chip on his shoulder and a hate boner for everything, everybody else shuffle off and more or less land on their feet, and then you get blackballed for even pointing this poo poo out.

If #ReleaseTheSnyderCut had a main character, it's him.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 13, 2021

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

teagone posted:

I imagine Whedon butchered the gently caress out of Steppenwolf's arrival/all the action in Themyscira.

In Josstice League the action of that entire part can best be summarized as "Hippolyta rides a horse down a football field". It was also the first big action setpiece and set the tone for the entire rest of the endeavor.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

thrawn527 posted:

I donít think thatís entirely fair. Itís been a long time since I watched it, but I remember some cool stuff involving a few Amazons trading off the box, and some arrows with ropes on them, right? I remember it being the only kind of cool action scene in the whole movie, and thinking that maybe it had some of the few Snyder shots in it. Though obviously this looks way better.

Again, itís been a long time, I donít remember many specifics.

No, you're right. But like, the entire exterior of that sequence I remember as a basically featureless field.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Schwarzwald posted:

I am tempted but I worry sitting down to a 4 hour movie at 3 CT would kill my 30-y-o rear end.

I figure since I'm WFH that day I can zombie through no prob.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

2house2fly posted:

A video of some guy reviewing it showed up on my youtube feed. It was just a nerd critic guy so there wasn't much to it (mainly repeating that the Whedon version sucked and the Snyder Cut is a victory for the fans) but he was enthusiastic

I liked the Cinemablend videos because while they do come at it from the angle Josstice-League-sucks-and-Zack-Snyders-is-obviously-better they do explain why JL fell far short and what we should expect to see improved upon in ZSJL.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Spacebump posted:

Somehow this is one of my most anticipated movies of the year, lol.

With the pandemic going on the entire past year has been a wasteland and the entire upcoming year looks to be more of the same. So, sure.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Jimbot posted:

The guy who wrote that stupid polygon article wasn't a fan. Who would have thought!?!

https://twitter.com/jmrivera02/status/1371201406842077192

That sounds like high praise to me though

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Let me tell you the same thing I told my six year old the other day: just lying about something isn't a joke.

They actually learn to do this from youtubers apparently, just randomly lying about something and going PRANKED (source: 8yo son)

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

MacheteZombie posted:

I would've been completely fine with a workprint version of zsjl

I said I'd've been completely fine with the exact same movie as theatrical but with Danny Elfman replaced with Junkie XL.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

McCloud posted:

Edit: That youtube link is proclick btw, it edits the metropolis segment from MoS and BvS together and it looks smooth af

The ending of MoS became even better with BvS because precisely that it got framed as Kryptonian 9/11 "Mankind is introduced..." and like ... we KNOW how many brains were shattered by real world 9/11.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

PeterCat posted:

I haven't seen Birds of Prey or either Wonder Woman or any Justice League version yet. Are any of these essential before watching the Snyder cut?

No. You already know all you need to know about WW going into JL if you've watched BvS.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Mantis42 posted:

Forget about the cows, think about all the extra pigs. Pork prices would plummet, leading to the long prophesized Year of the McRib.

But her pork futures

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Mr. Apollo posted:

This is from a new TV spot called "The End of Everything". If you don't know the full JL story that Snyder had planned then there are spoilers. It has some new and really nice shots of Darkseid. So far I've only found 480p versions.

I didn't link the URL because the thumbnail is a potential spoiler.

youtube.com/watch?v=_-aX8npYkwc

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

There's almost no chance that a JL Steppenwolf will have lines in ZSJL because his character was almost completely rebuilt by JW and even existing dialogue from ZS's cut will have been ADR'd over.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

McCloud posted:

God that cap outfit is hideous. And what's worse is that they had an amazing Cap outfit from The first avenger, and still chose to go with that abomination

Johansson there has a very "what the hell am I doing" stare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Neurolimal posted:

Io9 has more than one writer fwiw

Yes and if they have one writer that super likes Age of Ultron and one writer that super likes JWJL, that just says that they have more than one person with awful taste.