Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kinda surprised they explicitly show superman getting annihilated by the unity explosion too, figured with how scared the motherboxes were of him it implied they couldn't do much against him.

Anyway, the scene of flash running backwards through time was amazing and worth the nearly ~4 hour runtime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Jay-V posted:

should have made martian manhunter one of the starlabs janitors, not martha lmfao

He's also the general from MoS and BvS. Which means he watched two world-ending threats appear and was cool with it apparently

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

AccountSupervisor posted:

"Looks like a video game cutscene" should be considered a compliment because good video game cut scenes fuckin rock.

Also, they're art

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Mantis42 posted:

It's only discomforting if you're a baby who thinks violence is bad and not awesome.

I too was raised by American media

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Should have just made Swannick a new Green Lantern. Maybe you couldn't get John Stewart, how about Swannick as GL himself, having just been contacted?

Just have Ryan Reynolds show up and give zero backstory

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

More like Darksad :saddowns:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

AccountSupervisor posted:

Breaking News! Director had imperfect idea once!

Imagine if we publicized every single spitball or rough idea every director and writer had lol

It's ok, you don't need to defend every thing he does.

Roman posted:

The v instead of vs. still bugs me

I like the interpretation that the V represents Wonder woman. Her tiara has a V shape to it and she literally comes between them

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

bushisms.txt posted:

Agreed. If there's one thing Marvel "steals", I hope it's the unflinching love for their roots.

Mother boxes is such a small simple thing, but the fact that comic book writer Joss whedon thought the name sounded dumb and needed to be changed to an oedipal manifestation is an indictment on the current state of movie cape poo poo.

And also that they stop going for the cheap quip to break tension for more than just phase finales. Movies need tension that carries for more than an act break to be impactful beyond the next day.

It's funny cause Whedon pushed hard for the awful Cap costume in the first Avengers movie. Whedon isn't embarrassed by dumb cape poo poo, he just has bad taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

evobatman posted:

Movie not widescreen you say? Not a problem.

I'm the precariously balanced WiiU(?) balancing on a DVD player(?) balancing on an OG XBOX. What is even going on here.