Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 27, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Personally I got more from TDKR than I did from TDK. Nolan kind of not giving a poo poo loosened him up a bit more, but then I'm not all that keen on his trilogy to begin with. I think his desire to make a comic book movie and to be *profound* are at odds with eachother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 27, 2005

Violator posted:

A comic book movie can’t be profound?

Anything can be anything. But trying to achieve something isn't the same as getting there and the more that Nolan tries tying his stories to real world concerns (Occupy Wall St. Surveillance overreach) the more it crumbles because he doesn't have anything he wants to say about them, nor do the movies.

DrVenkman
Dec 27, 2005

Quick story to show how reliable Grace Randolph is: she claimed she had it confirmed by sources that Kathleen Kennedy was going to be pushed out of Lucasfilm. When this didn't happen and Kennedys contract got renewed, Randolph claimed that while Disney wanted her to go, they were unable to find anyone to take over so they had no choice but to re-sign her.

Consider how ridiculous that idea is. That in Hollywood, a town noted for ruthless personal politics, they 'couldn't find' anyone who wanted to take over at Lucasfilm.

Basically she appeals to the crowd who tweet at Rian Johnson years later.

DrVenkman
Dec 27, 2005

My most enduring memory of ENDGAME is one of the Russos, who isn't Gay, played a Gay man in the support group scene and had one line about how he missed his husband and everyone involved pat themselves on the back over this 'representation'.

DrVenkman
Dec 27, 2005

Can't believe that guy is raging about a piece of direction he got years ago.

DrVenkman
Dec 27, 2005

I have no interest in people who watch a movie solely to post their Twitter gags.

DrVenkman
Dec 27, 2005

The problem is that way too many people are associating 4:3 with pan and scan videos.

DrVenkman
Dec 27, 2005

Caridean posted:

It's a very simple and obvious observation if you're at all familiar with his body of work.

Just not the work in question.

DrVenkman
Dec 27, 2005

When did Batman's arbitrary and nebulous no killing rule start applying to every superhero ever?

DrVenkman
Dec 27, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/f...-for-leadership

Can someone please change my username to UNTITLED SNOWMAN COMEDY? Thanks.

There's a lot of really lovely behaviour from WB in all this, not just their insinuations that really Fisher is being manipulated by Snyder into getting back at them.

Credit to Fisher for seeing through WB and their 'investigation' from the start. And there's no sadder demonstration over how boneheaded those people are than with the whole "Booyah" incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/notsofiacoppola/status/1379509976033468417?s=19