Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

The website has been updated with a list of international release information.... but a lot of countries are still listed as "TBD" (including UK...):

https://zacksnydersjusticeleague.dcuniverseinfinite.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

josh04 posted:

It's listed in the advance timetable on Sky Premiere HD in the UK, next Thursday at 8.

As someone who doesn't have Sky I'm still hoping it comes to other places like Amazon Prime or Google Play...

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I watched this last night and it was definitely an improvement over the theatrical version (duh) and while I don't think it's 100% solid I liked it overall. I don't think it's as good as the Ultimate Edition of BvS - which I think is probably my favourite Snyder film - but even that film took me a few watches to really get into it so maybe the same will be true here.

I thought Affleck was really good here. The change in his character since BvS is really well done and makes sense for what Bruce is going through. His arc across the two films is really great. In fact I thought it was interesting that the whole film has a lighter tone than either MoS or BvS... which is weird because it's obvious the studio took it away from him to make it even lighter in tone somehow. I think this change in tone is interesting because it shows that everything that happened in BvS wasn't 'dark and brooding' for the sake of it, but because it was the first part of an arc that ends here.

I really like how they re-introduced Superman. Snyder gets that it's not Superman's powers that make him what he is, but his upbringing. He has to return to Kansas to become Clark again before he becomes Superman. The montage of Johnathan Kent and Jor-El's voices playing is a great moment for reminding us what Superman is actually supposed to be about.

I did wish there was more Lois and Martha. The scene we got was great (even though I do agree that the ending undercut it a bit) but since Lois was such a focus of BvS Ultimate it was a shame to sideline her a bit here.

Steppenwolf was just really good. I loved how he looked. I loved how he's kind of pathetic now. I love his beautiful eyes.

It was so good to actually hear the proper theme playing for the Superman scenes instead of the clumsy re-use of Williams' theme. It really helps make the whole film feel like a more connected part of the DCEU. The scene were they all decide to resurrect Superman and no one actually says his name, but the theme is played, worked really well. Also good to have Lex's theme back.

I will say that I watched it on NOW TV here in the UK and that was probably the worst way to watch this film. The streaming quality wasn't great so it meant that any visually complicated action scene (y'know, all of them) didn't look great. But the worst part was that NOW TV plays the entire thing at 1.4x speed because PAL speedup isn't dead for some reason, so all of the audio was at slightly the wrong pitch the entire time. I can't wait to watch this again with a more consistent image quality and at the right loving speed.

Aidan_702 posted:

:edit: I watched it on NowTV in the UK and it was far better quality than I expected but at maybe three or four points it was as if the power just cut out to the TV. It went black for a second and then continued on. Did anyone else have this?

This also happened.

Overall I'm really happy that Snyder got to make this. Not only because I think it's always good that a director gets to release their version of a film, but that this film does actually justify a lot of the things people didn't like about the previous films (the darker tone mainly) because it makes it part of a natural arc rather than a jarring change.