Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Scrree posted:

Would yall be okay with posting an Ironsworn journal here? I don't want to spam up a discussion thread with self-facing fiction, but I just finished what I'd consider my first 'session' and it was super fun. I'd love to share it here and get people's feedback on what moves I made + my general reaction to the game.

Go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If it makes the Sundered Isles goal, everyone who pledged enough for the basic goal gets that too, right?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Imagined posted:

So my previous post I mentioned I've been playing Ironsworn solo for the last 3-4 days. It's my first experience with a solo RPG and I'm enjoying it a lot. But. I had started it on a discord I run for my family and friends with the idea that my wife was going to play coop with me, but she ended up not feeling like committing to it right now. So I'm still playing on a discord channel, but talking to myself.

Maybe this is just how social media has broken my brain, but I keep feeling like I'd enjoy the process more if I didn't feel like I was "wasting" all this writing on a place where nobody will ever read it. I'm not sure where else to put it, though. I don't feel like I'm confident enough to do a CYOA here, but I'm not sure any goons would want to read me just monologuing. Feels a bit cringeworthy to think about posting it on Facebook, not to mention how hard it would be for anyone to follow from a midpoint. Any other ideas for how, ironically, I can make this a little more social, or at least not feeling like I'm writing a novel's worth of :words: just for myself?

Do a thread in the LP forum if you don't want to do it here, there's plenty of tradgames threads there. If you do put one there link to it here please, I would like to read it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I got the Palestine Aid Itchio bundle and there are a ton of solo ttrpgs and GMless ttrpgs in there.

https://itch.io/b/902/indie-bundle-for-palestinian-aid

I can't speak to the quality of any of them, and there's not an easy way to just pick those ones out but from a quick glance these three looked interesting

https://momatoes.itch.io/the-magus
https://spc.itch.io/longhaul1983
https://bluestockings.itch.io/treasure-box

There's a poo poo ton more and a bunch of DM less games that only need 2 or 3 players, and it's five bucks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Uganda Loves Me posted:

I went through the Wreck This Deck pdf, and I like it. It's a fun presentation. I'm working my way through the Ironsworn books. I really enjoy learning a new system and the associated lore. I think I'll focus my creative energy on Ironsworn for now. I may experiment with Roll20 or the Augur client. In the meantime I'm enjoying journaling (my day-to-day personal journal) with the Metropolitan fountain pen. The slow pacing of my penmanship is a big departure from typing stuff up, and makes me approach writing differently. I'll work on penmanship and maybe a little calligraphy as I learn the mechanics of Ironsworn.

Can you give a quick run down of how Wreck this Deck works?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Uganda Loves Me posted:

I was just about to post this. Pledging also gives you discounts on other Ironsworn stuff, and I've seen Shawn pro-rate new purchases based on previous purchases. ie. on DriveThruRPG, people who bought a .pdf and then want to buy a physical copy only have to pay the difference in the two costs. I can't say enough nice things about them.

Ooh, that's awesome. I was unemployed during lock down so did the cheaper tier for people with money issues so I might upgrade to the print version when it's published.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Aw, thank you. One of the customers I rolled was a squirrel who was from far away and I googled and found the Malabar giant squirrel:

I gift knowledge of it to all of you.

That's not a real thing, that's a squirrel that's been attacked by kids with spray paint bottles.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

HopperUK posted:

The Smithsonian says it's real but your username checks out! I don't know what to believe! ...for real they say maybe the vibrancy on the photos has been turned up a bit but they really are flashy like that.

I was just joking, no idea, but there's seriously not another mammal on the planet that's blue.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, those are both grey.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

There's a TTRPG bundle supporting trans organizations in Texas that includes a few solo games
https://itch.io/b/1308/ttrpgs-for-trans-rights-in-texas

From just a cursory glance there's Princess with a Cursed Sword and World Builder. No idea on quality, and I'm sure there's others.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

So this doesn't say it's a journaling game or a solo RPG, but I'm pretty sure it is.

https://twitter.com/Sotherans/status/1510361300945321994?s=20&t=ABZaCKdYS-8yPF_juiLldA

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I wish I was better at probability math so I could figure out the odds your brother sets your house on fire 2 days in a row without either dying or finishing your masterpiece first.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Itch.io is doing another TTRPG charity bundle,this time for Planned Parenthood and NNAF (National Network of Abortion Funds) lot of solo games in there.

https://itch.io/b/1375/ttrpgs-for-reproductive-rights

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Should also point out that it looks like most of this bundle seems to be not in previous bundles. I haven't checked exhaustively, because the money is for a good cause, but everything I click on only lists the current bundle, whereas previous bundles with repeats would list all the different bundles it was a part of.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

In checking out Apawthecaria, I see the author started with DELVE which is Dwarf Fortress inspired. :swoon: How is that? Worth getting?

Delve was in the Ukraine fundraising bundle on itch.io, so if you bought that you already own it. I've read the rules, but haven't actually played it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

There's gonna be another itch.io charity bundle. This one for trans rights in Florida. I found out about it by clicking a link on the Solovember twitter thread, so like most of these things I suspect there will be a decent number of solo rpgs in there.

https://itch.io/jam/ttrpgs-for-trans-rights-in-florida

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

HopperUK posted:

When is this thing going live? I don't want to forget to buy it! Says on the page there are two more days to go? Is that until we can pay or just until submissions close?

I think previous bundles were up for a month, so you'll have plenty time. I imagine it will be up a day or two after submissions close. They'll need time to check to make sure nothing horrible got submitted, but at least for the ttrpgs that are 2 pages long, that won't take long to check, plus there's a bunch that were in previous trans rights bundles

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/deathbybadger/status/1593549149902983176?t=gfl0ZUlC5M9Bcie29YIm1Q&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Yeah, I honestly think WotC hosed up big time. Once this all shakes out the Open Gameing community is going to be stronger, not weaker.

Yeah, I saw Dungeon Dudes release a video that's just "what games (that aren't 5e) we're excited to play in 2023" and they'd just successfully completed a big Kickstarter for their homebrew 5e campaign book. They aren't huge enough I'd expect everyone to know them, but they're relatively successful YouTube/twitch streamers with a years long campaign in that setting and twice weekly dm/player advice videos that are 95% dnd focused and they're just flat out saying "hey, these are games that aren't dnd we like, which of them would you like to see us make videos about?"

If Critical Role pivots to an open ended campaign using another system, that's the end times for dnd.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Here, this was mentioned here when it was being put together

AfterthoughtC posted:

There is now a TTRPG bundle for trans rights in Florida

https://itch.io/b/1753/ttrpgs-for-trans-rights-in-florida

theres a bunch of solo stuff, including some I'm pretty sure that weren't previous bundles.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

HopperUK posted:

You can! You can use one game to set up another game and then steal a mechanic from a third game! It's totally legal!!

I work for the solo rpg police and this will get you arressted.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I got Delve in an itch.io bundle and if you like Ironsworn, it's pretty cool.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

girl dick energy posted:

I've been thinking about doing Delve but using the rather hilarious stock of pixel art assets I've gotten from itch.io and the like over the years, rather than drawing. Would anyone be interested in seeing the results?

Absolutely. I want to see how it works because I can't draw but have been curious about Delve.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

I saw ads for a kickstarter for a game called Dont Play This Game. It looked good and I missed it 😞

It sounds like you actually won.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

girl dick energy posted:

I still need to finish a playable prototype You May Cry If You Wish, my joke-turned-not-joke bad solo journaling game about playing bad solo journaling games.

Also my serious one, A Bloodstained Note.
I feel like those titles are completely interchangeable for both projects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

There's a kickstarter for some mix of DnD and choose your own adventure that you can play solo that has a free sample if you give them your email. That might be crunchy enough and non journaling.

https://kickstarter.archmagepress.com/dndshorts/