Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

potatocubed posted:

I imagine there are loads. The One is entirely about relationships, for example, and I'm pretty certain some (most?) of the solo lyric games focus on personal relationships rather than doing stuff.

Was going to mention The One, it is nigh exclusively about interpersonal relationships and I found it got pretty complicated pretty fast for that reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Scrree posted:

Would yall be okay with posting an Ironsworn journal here? I don't want to spam up a discussion thread with self-facing fiction, but I just finished what I'd consider my first 'session' and it was super fun. I'd love to share it here and get people's feedback on what moves I made + my general reaction to the game.

:justpost:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Uganda Loves Me posted:

Oh, man. I've been thinking about getting into calligraphy. I have a couple boxes of crafting supplies that I bought last Christmas. I made cards and ornaments for everyone. I have decent penmanship if I take my time, thanks to filling notebooks in lab classes. Not only did I have to write everything down, it had to be readable by other people!

Looks like I already have a bunch of colorful fine-tipped markers. I'm looking at fountain pens. I like to write and journal, and this might be more incentive to do so. It won't be digital, though.

A set of pilot parallels is pretty cheap. I recommend using a syringe + cartridge for refills rather than getting basically any converter, the seal will be better and the flow better.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

So a kind of funny thing - there is a very good chance that next weekend my BITD campaign I'll be the only one who can make it. As in, the GM can't make it either, just 1/5 will be there.

I figured that a kind of neat thing for me to do might be to do a solo RPG of my character having a day that isn't really high impact on the story, and write it down as a journal.

I've bought most of the big itch.io bundles over the last two years so I have...a lot more solo RPGs than I know whether or not I own. Of the ones I've actually read I think "Alone In The Ancient City" makes the most sense and I' probably do that, but if there's a really striking solo game that makes sense for this scenario I'd love to hear.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Skwirl posted:

Should also point out that it looks like most of this bundle seems to be not in previous bundles. I haven't checked exhaustively, because the money is for a good cause, but everything I click on only lists the current bundle, whereas previous bundles with repeats would list all the different bundles it was a part of.

Yeah I'm pretty impressed, I don't even recognize most of the games and I've bought most of their bundles.