Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Ragnar34 posted:

Veins of the Earth sounds like wishlist material for when I have money, but who is Raggi and what is Lamentations of the Flame Princess :ohdear:
James Edward Raggi IV is a creep and the publisher of the OSR game Lamentations of the Flame Princess, which was notable for having gory and gross art. The adventures for that game were grosser, because they insisted on mixing shitfarmer eldritch horror with sex stuff. Some of them were by Zak Smith, and Raggi was the last to cut ties with him once the full extent of Zak's shitpantness came to light.

Siivola fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Does it use a margin of success mechanic of some kind? Swing doesn’t matter if you don’t care about how hard you missed.

Edit: Or some mechanism where you take a penalty on the roll to get some kind of bonus effect. A bell curve makes that more "masterable" because the penalty scales depending on how good you are at the skill.

But then again you could put skill modifiers on the bell curve and use a flat die distribution that's more legible.

Siivola fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 15, 2023

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Buy a pack of tiny Field Notes or similar.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Captain’s Log product description says it can be played co-op – what’s the difference there to the regular 2d20 game?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Thank you! I got the STA starter set last year but was kind of turned off by the very D&D adventure. Still want to game some Trek tho, and I'm spending a lot of time at home at the moment anyway, so… :retrogames: I guess.