Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Advertised matches:

NXT Title match: Pete Dunne vs Finn Balor (c)
Triple Threat match for the women's championship: Io Shirai (c) vs Toni Storm vs Mercades Martinez (Formerly of Retribution)
NXT NA Championship Match: Johnny Gargano (c) vs KUSHIDA
Men's Dusty Classic Finals: MSK (Formerally known as The Rascalz) vs Grizzled Young Vets
Women's Dusty Classic Finals: Dakota Kai & Raquel González vs Shotzi Blackheart & Ember Moon

A telling tale that so many talented people working for the biggest wrestling promotion in the world didn't have a thread until it's already started.

Also Eli Drake (Dummy? Dummy, yeah!) has signed with the WWE and has a dumb name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shotzi and Ember make a really cool team.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Shotzi and Ember make a really cool team.

i like how they make their gear and makeup match, they look cool

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

pretty hard hitting tag match, not bad

Edit: Thunderdome still remains weird

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
this extended mat hold sequence is absolute loving death, just do some more loving flips

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I am watching this Takeover. I would like good things for all of these people.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I actually really don't mind the holds but the 'ref didn't see the tag!' spot had me rolling my eyes

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

raquel strong

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

oh I didn't realize there are like, cage box-seats in the front. Don't know how I feel about this set up tbh

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Raquel has benefited a lot by being paired with Kai, it's one of the few things that NXT does fairly well. Unfortunately she'll also get called up before she's ready and put in a position to fail on the main roster

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

is that Becky on the screens above the ring from the hard cam view near the center

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Referee was certainly doing what he needed to do, by stopping a pinfall by rolling into the ring because all WWE referees have short attention spans.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

reignofevil posted:

I actually really don't mind the holds but the 'ref didn't see the tag!' spot had me rolling my eyes

And then Ember arguing about him not seeing the tag, instead of just tagging Shotzi in

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

What the gently caress that spot to the outside

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I think I feel worse for Ember than Kairi. Ember was a once in a lifetime rookie on the indies and signed with the WWE while she was still young and has done poo poo-all since. Ember's been in NXT 6 years, that's longer than the entire Attitude Era.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I respect the indie tag.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmao nia and shayna still have the tag belts? hahahahahah

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

drat Dakota and Gonzalez have to face Nia, RIP

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Eat My Fuc posted:

Shotzi is very good actually

It just seems when she has certain spots to do she pauses to do them where it somewhat is obvious she is running the move through her head?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Just caught the last 5+ minutes or so but I thought the bit I saw was real fun. WWE really does have a ridiculous amount of women's talent right now

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kushida has been in NXT for 2 years and this is his second Takeover match

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Digital Jedi posted:

It just seems when she has certain spots to do she pauses to do them where it somewhat is obvious she is running the move through her head?

From what I've seen, Shotzi isn't an technical wizard or anything but she more than makes up for it with Presence and also a willingness to do insane poo poo

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Speaking as someone who hates nearly every unnecessary gimmick change they do when they bring people to NXT/the WWE, I'm still completely, utterly baffled that "submission wrestler who's really into Back to the Future" somehow survived.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

xbilkis posted:

From what I've seen, Shotzi isn't an technical wizard or anything but she more than makes up for it with Presence and also a willingness to do insane poo poo

yea she's a nut, it's cool

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmfao what

i forgot they had a serial killer just employed by the company

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Is Gargano taller than Rey Mysterio

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Benne posted:

Kushida has been in NXT for 2 years

oh my god. gently caress this pandemic

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Kushida my man...that gear...

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

this is p dece

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

kitten emergency posted:

this is p dece

Yeah this is pretty good!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Wasn't feeling this at first but it's whipped rear end since the pin trading sequence imo

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

yeah, unsurprisingly, letting johnny gargano and kushida just wrestle for like twenty minutes is a categorically good idea

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

CarlCX posted:

yeah, unsurprisingly, letting johnny gargano and kushida just wrestle for like twenty minutes is a categorically good idea

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

This whole card looks like a great PWG show from 4 years ago. It's still good, just not as good as it could be because WWE.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

That Spanish fly into the armbar was loving sick

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
This match is loving cool

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

hell of a fuckin match

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

That was a good rear end match

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
That ending felt a little abrupt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Run that poo poo back please