Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I believe the original french present tense is sous vizzling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Good reminder that real life is not Supermarket Sweep. Go ahead, treat yourself to 6 hams.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

SlothfulCobra posted:

Depicting the cheese as some kind of viscous liquid that drips and oozes off the pizza seems more like a rationalization of all those ads where they use extra tricks to depict pizza as having all of its cheese stretching around the pizza as it's taken out of the box.
I thought it was always mostly this. Food advertising slightly lost it's mind in depicting the perfect stretchy cheese and culture followed with it to give us the creepy cartoon pizza.

See also that meme with the lady incredulously staring at a real pizza exhibiting the cheese stretch.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Deep fry it and now we're talking.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

rydiafan posted:

Is this a slimy bundt cake surrounded by baked beans and tiny penises?
Those are tiny? This is very concerning.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Every market was a bulk market before Big Plastic convinced you 8 pieces of cheese come in a bag and that's your only choice. Makes u think

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I've wanted to try coffee custard ever since they tried that.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Keto is a sort of automatic calorie restriction because your body starts being like oh hell naw trying to get above 1500cal with 5-20 grams of carbs. Dehumanize yourself and face to meat and cauliflower.

But yeah most people just want a rule of thumb that's easier than measuring every meal by weight vs nutrition facts and keto gives that by letting you focus on one line in the nutrition facts that will lead you to the absolutely most filling foodstuffs.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The sword of damocles that are cheat days is a keto feature.

But especially with the recent blow ups in popularity most people "on keto" are just in forever Atkins induction which often doesn't trigger or sustain ketosis once you've pissed your water weight out so you're probably just going to "only" feel bloated a couple days instead of re-onset of keto flu.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Culture is already a-changing.

Not with good eating habits, that's hard. But with COVID it's a matter of weeks before we won't even need to wear pants in public.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Pleased to be introducing my new diet: the gizzard diet. You can eat as much as you want of chicken gizzards but you can only eat 1 serving of any other foods per day.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I suppose you aren't interested in the beef fudge then.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Mr.Radar posted:

Just want to call out this bit in particular:

Chicken flavored with ball bearings :psyduck:
That's probably the least weird thing in the posts. People swear up and down that leaving lead or steel shot in their game birds during roasting makes it taste better.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Maximized kebab technique is to cut a load off when the outside is excellently crispy and another layer down is well cooked so you basically get a mix of crispy bits and greasy bits to add to your heating bin. If noone specifies they get a mix. If they are regulars they ask for the crispy meats, the greasy meats, or else demand fresh and they get whatever the surface is then.

When you find maximum kebab you go there as often as you can because it is a beautiful and perfect place.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Facebook Aunt posted:

Don't care about those. Do object to calling nut juice "milk" tho. Tit erasure.
Same but because I was hoping to buy something very different when I heard they started stocking nut milk at the store.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Can I interest you in some chicken balls?

Casu Marzu posted:

I just had to know what a chicken ball was and I was not expecting this

Apparently it's a ball of chicken and stuffing, deep fried, plopped on top of mashed potato, and drenched in gravy.

Maybe would?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

LifeSunDeath posted:

Make my wiener look like a cuneiform tablet:

Hatched weiners increases the surface area to brown. Its not an every day dog sort of thing but if you have some hefty weiners I can recommend.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
These recipes are highly detailed compared to the pre 20th century cookbooks which are written second hand in paragraph form assuming you know full well what paste is.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Mayo fried bread is french toast.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the us is special with regards to putting sugar on everything, but actually doesnt hit very hard with regards to putting fat and oil on things

Elviscat posted:

I mean, not compared to SK.
Korra gunning hard for that large and in charge demographic

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Someone certainly jacket for that picture.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

uber_stoat posted:

i'd like to order the debris with a side of detritus.
Actually this is debris

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Ok smarty pants scientist, where do snozzberries fit in?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Dareon posted:

https://twitter.com/msparck/status/483675993883041792?s=20

It was harder than it should have been to find a picture of that that I could actually link. Anyway, that's available near me.
Trick pricing, being alaska $20 is for the simultaneously unripe stale tomato.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If you're too far from a sauna you can also smoke cigarettes, drink beer, and swear.

You can end up so addicted to cigarettes you need to sit in the sauna all day, swearing and drinking beer in an effort to not have a heart attack about your nicotine craving.

And like OP mentions there's even a game that simulates this.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Wow that robot cuts bread as well as I do. Good thing I'm not a bread slicer or I might be out of a job.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
One can creamed corn one can drained sweet corn, mix, add a tablespoon more butter, microwave. My corn holiday meal secret forbidden pleasure.

Feel free to add commas and dashes to the last sentence to describe what you really think about my corn.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Missed opportunity to say "some sort of small breakfast pastry."

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Cannoli are a convenient excuse to eat cheese frosting by the spoonful.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Cream, cheese. Heavy on the cream.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Zil posted:

Some people like the colon cleansing properties of celery.
I eat celery because it tastes good. Leaving my anus clean enough to eat off is a side effect.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I was banned from getting creme eggs for easter at a young age when I ate an entire package and threw up in the sink moments later.

In Canada last year they had new easter thing that was a similar sort of bunny full of fondant, slightly stiffer than the creme in a creme egg. I had one with coffee on break every morning for 2 or 3 weeks and I know I hate hyperbolic trip reports but it was so much sugar you could taste how many years you were taking out of your pancreas bank.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Milk chocolate is cacao flavored cheese

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Data Graham posted:

Looks better than your average World's Finest fundraiser bar
Go to be fair to World's Finest, they look like a freshly waxed chocolate sports car. Of course that's because they are waxed because you could tell by the sort of dull lifeless matte finish of their chocolate type product that it is inedible.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Flavor blasted with president's thick roapy loads of ketchup.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The union of women who don't lift and women on keto is made up entirely of doll part collectors.

zedprime has a new favorite as of 20:04 on Apr 4, 2021

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Johnny Truant posted:

it came from my own facebook

Eating out of the Nothing but Trouble prop kitchen I see.

Have done, and eaten around.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The economics of bread bakeries was always hosed, there's a reason you had to bring your own bushels of wheat forever. Not surprising brick and mortar bakeries turn to donuts and cake pops to sell sugar at premium prices instead of trying to make 5 cents a loaf.

There's nothing wrong with the soft forever un-stale cake breads sold in grocery stores (and is the basis of the same poo poo they bake in grocery store bakeries) and I'll get it for sandwiches if I'm like on vacation or something. But I've otherwise settled on getting a Trader Joes loaf which is surprisingly real or baking my own.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Schubalts posted:

What is with the Eurogoons acting like a table or teaspoon of sugar makes an entire loaf of bread inedibly sweet? The majority of it is meant to be consumed by the yeast, anyway, to help it rise faster. The only breads with an actual large amount of taste influencing sugar are actual sweet breads, same as everywhere else. Even that Hostess (maker of Twinkies) loaf is only 1gram of sugar per slice.
Industrial yeast handling does not need additional yeast fuel. Its a fun story they tell to distract from the real reasons they are adding sugar: preservation, softening, and making it brown easily in the toaster.

Not liking soft/brown easily is my main reason for preferring home made/that TJs loaf. It takes barely any added sugar to make such a sandwich loaf and is how they can explain around it by saying "we're just proofing like a home baker!".

Good bread should be a jaw workout, and if you over toast it it should shred your mouth like Capt Crunch. Again I'll eat a sandwich loaf recipe no problem, just not my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I am an unapologetic bread centrist. Everybody should be able to eat the bread they love and learn more about what makes their bread the way they love it.