Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Mr. Grill: High cocking level gives birth to the pleasure of their consumption.

https://mrgrill.com.ua/en/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

......what meat is it

High cock

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Uh, I've done this in the days before it was on the internet, you just boil the can for a while. I can't remember the details, but it was from my aunt's second, now unfortunately deceased, husband.

I think you just boiled the can for 10 or 20 minutes.

Nah you have to boil it for way longer than that.

Nowadays I use my instant pot but the trick is to open the can so it can't build up pressure.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Pavement fluff

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

you no like? how about a mixture of satay sauce and mayonnaise?

No chopped onions? A shameful patatje oorlog.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

Watermelon is the opposite of keto, it's loaded with natural sugar.

It's also, and this might be a bit of a surprise, mostly water.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm genrally against passing vegetarian or vegan foods off as meat but on the other hand it's kind of silly to take offense at "vegan ribs" and not the McRib. Both are made from some kind of unholy protein slurry and pressed into a patty shaped to vaguely resemble pork ribs.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Roundup Ready posted:

No, wait. Comprehensibly upset.

Comprehensively

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm not a fan of the mayo method either but some people swear by it. It does caramelize real good.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

If you are willing to pay $72 for a.box of vegetables you deserve to get scammed.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I believe it's there for anal application

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

After tiny pastry we finally have the technology for tiny banana

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I don't think I'd enjoy fries prepared like this...

Well, I'm just going to assume that they know what they're doing* and that this is a confit. Which is a delicious way to cook stuff. You need to drain them and finish off the cooking though.

*For my own sanity

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

von Braun posted:

it's drunken Finnish cooking, don't judge

Is there any other kind of Finnish cooking?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Tbf I've had schnitzels like this in Austria and Germany, but with roast potatoes and not some stupid pity bun.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Indiana may well be the worst state.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

When I was a kid we had a pet guinea pig and the feed had these green and orange spongy looking things. Those look exactly like that.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

rydiafan posted:

Add wagyu to the list with picnics, champagne, lobster, and anal sex.

Lobster is good.

Caviar is eh, truffles too.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Otana posted:

Oh god the cooked steak coming out of the grinder... :ohdear:

I had an A5 wagyuu steak a couple of years ago and it started melting the second it was out of the fridge, it really is that fatty.

I actually didn't enjoy it all that much if I'm being honest, it was so fatty it didn't taste great cooked rare, and it was just too much. I think a much smaller portion cooked by someone who really knew what they were doing would have been better.

This is why they give you only small portions in japan.

Don't eat a whole-rear end wagyu steak.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

we don't really have those kind of peas in the states so it's an unfamiliar sight and i guess people like to make fun of things that seem weird to them. we have our own version of this kind of thing. i have personally devastated a can of this stuff after mixing it with rice, garnish with hot sauce.

Refried beans are a similar concept, yet far, far superior to mushy peas.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

would 100%

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

freelop posted:

Spotted in Aldi yesterday :barf:

Those are just jaffa cakes without the cake.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It says orange and mint on the box so

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I read somewhere that they used to treat severe constipation with mercury. Just a big ole glug of it to push everything down and clear it out.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

One of the funniest things in Chinese history is the sheer number of emperors who killed themselves with mercury-based immortality potions. Dozens and dozens of them. They could not stop.

They must have all went absolutely bonkers.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Chefs club is the fakest clickbait poo poo

e: I didn't watch with sound so it's possible I'm missing the joke. But I can live with that.

spankmeister has a new favorite as of 08:19 on Apr 5, 2021

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Ah, well, nevertheless

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I eat all kinds of offal but tripe is just very meh. All texture no flavor.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

that is not a lot of ham. That's two deli slices folded over

Which is a normal amount of ham for a sandwich. American sandwich toppings are ridiculous.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think you've just been fooled by those prepackaged sandwiches they sell all over europe where it's like two half-slices shoved way to the front of the bread to make it look like a good sandwich but the rest is empty. Those sandwiches suck. I don't like the kind where it's like an entire pound of deli meat you can't even fit in your mouth, but 2 slices is a pretty sad sandwich.

I don't eat those. But a sandwich with a literal inch of meat and another inch of cheese is wasteful and unhealthy.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Is that L-with-a-line-through-it just pronounced L then? I’ve been buying a brand of Polish mineral water from Costco for years now and have no idea how to pronounce it, and neither did the multiple people who asked me how to pronounce it when we were grabbing it off the shelf at the same time. It’s spelled nałęczowianka, I’ve been pronouncing it to myself as nah-dezh-ovanka. I’m sure that’s absolutely incorrect, which is why I just call it “my fancy Polish water from Costco” and never say it out loud in public.

It's halfway between a w and a v

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

aphid_licker posted:

Between this and surströmming can we just take away Sweden's fish privileges? Meatballs only from now on out.

Did you forget about the horse meat incident?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The Bloop posted:

I really need to look into this because I have never heard of olive bread and I loving LOVE olives

Whenever anyone itt has said "olive loaf" my brain went only one place:

I do not love this

Ah so kind of like mortadella, but bad.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Speaking of, I was in New Orleans in February and we got these giant mozzarella sticks. Just solid bricks of cheese. Completely forgot to post them here.

Size comparison with an average banana.

What's under the mozz stick? Is it fried fish?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

i got some cheese the other day that had little crevasses filled with congealed dark beer in it, really weird looking but tasty.

Those are good

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

have a scoop

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

WITCHCRAFT posted:

It's not something you consciously think about all the time, but your brain keeps a list of Forbidden Foods Based on Past Experience. As soon as it touches your tongue, some deep instinctual part of your brain is slapping the tongue and nose receptors with a ruler. NO, NO, BAD, THIS BAD, YOU GET SICK, DO NOT EAT. CANNOT EAT. YOU GET REAL SICK. NO. NO!

I got sick after eating a spicy mapo dofu once, I don't think it was even the dish itself but something else I had that day. I had trouble eating anything with sichuan pepper for at least a year.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Dareon posted:

Quark cheese? That's strange. I'm down with that casserole, though, it's got a kind of charm. What's up with the crust, if it has one? It's hard to tell from that picture, but a soggy bottom would be nearly as bad as a burnt top.

Sorry.

It's rude to spin people's serious questions into jokes.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Ch ch ch chia!

Oh poo poo I hear a clicker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

What the hell, lmao

Brazil.