Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If you mixed up rice, soy sauce, fish, and whatever else in a bowl, yes. Sushi isn't mixed.

Somebody hasn't met chirashi-don (which is exactly that thing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hirayuki posted:

That doesn't come pre-mixed; the toppings are scattered on the top of the rice (hence the name: chirasu = "to scatter").

I'd argue a chicken caesar salad that's served to you with the chicken and croutons on top of the lettuce is still a salad

but I'm also not going to go to bat for chirashi actually being a salad, that's patently ridiculous and you might as well call a hot dog a sandwich :troll:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I Iove a noodle soup with soba, guessing those must be like half non-buckwheat then because the noodles are never gloppy like that

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://www.bulkbarn.ca/home-en/

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Buncha funny reefer men in this thread

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Put some Orc on your fork

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Samovar posted:

No - since it's vegan, it's more like 'so long, pig'.

Ribs of, not for, a vegan

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

RoboRodent posted:

The French word for vegan cheese is "fauxmage" and this is vastly superior to English labeling which is usually just "cheez" or something.

The Québécois call fake maple syrup, like the formerly Aunt Jemima, "sirop de poteau" or telephone pole syrup

Probably not in the product labeling, although they should

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

Yeah well sometimes I want the same food with 200 less calories.

There's a line I like from The Good Place. It's pretty early on, and Ted Danson is talking about why the Good Place is filled with frozen yogurt stores, and he says it's a very human thing to take something that's wonderful, and make it a little crappier so you can have more of it.

I find myself recalling that a lot more often than you'd think.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Buffalo Ranch Popping Video

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ziv Zulander posted:

Learned it from a friend of mine who lives in the frozen north, apparently it’s poor people Canadian food. It’s good though. Swap out ketchup for hot sauce if desired

I mean, think about it. People eat tuna mac, people eat hamburger mac, what’s so weird about beany mac?

I make white people tacos occasionaly (y'know, like the old el paso taco kits, except I use a local store brand) and the next day I like putting the leftover taco meat in kd

I call it fusion cuisine, cause it's a tacomac

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

This is some cargo cult poo poo

Yeah but in the original sense I guess it worked, it summoned a Yank by to at least look

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

bob dobbs is dead posted:

it started on the chans

IIRC there was a string of greentext posts, written from the perspective of a deranged manchild still living with his mother, that included trading "good boy points" for "chicken tendies".

I know I saw one of em reposted on imgur and I'm guessing the ones I didn't see ended up being even fouler than that one

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The only acceptable way to eat celery in raw form is by putting peanut butter on it and putting raisins in the peanut butter

"Ants on a log", a childhood favorite

I remember also enjoying celery with cheez wiz

But mostly I just sprinkle a little salt on it and it's fine.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

zedprime posted:

I was banned from getting creme eggs for easter at a young age when I ate an entire package and threw up in the sink moments later.

In Canada last year they had new easter thing that was a similar sort of bunny full of fondant, slightly stiffer than the creme in a creme egg. I had one with coffee on break every morning for 2 or 3 weeks and I know I hate hyperbolic trip reports but it was so much sugar you could taste how many years you were taking out of your pancreas bank.

I bought like five Reese Eggs last week because the peanut butter to chocolate ratio makes them taste more like the reese cups of my childhood, before the grocery shrink ray got to em

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

fizzymercury posted:

I once ate a whole bag of those in one sitting and two days later all of the skin on the inside of my cheeks peeled off in two giant sheets. And I still ate more of them that day. I regretted it immediately but I still consider moving to Calgary just so I can do that regularly.

There are lots of other places in Canada where all-dressed chips are sold, you don't have to subject living in Cowgree on yourself

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

fizzymercury posted:

If you start to feel bad after you take anything, you should call someone you trust and ask for help.

If there's any poster you should trust when they say this...

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ok yeah that does look like you could punch a section of brick wall and that would pop out

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elviscat posted:

Y'all living in the stone age trying to spread cold butter and using butter bells and poo poo.

You need to step up your butter game, get an APW M-95-2 vertical toaster with integrated automatic butter roller, nothing else suffices in this modern age.

I will put the $2000 toaster next to my margarita machine

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's just buffalo sauce infused cheese slices? And they look like real cheese, albeit low-grade rubbery mass production jack. This thread's seen infinitely worse.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

What they said it is:

What it looks like:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
honestly it looks more like a vegetable chowder than any sort of seafood

the second one looks like theres crab or lobster (or surimi) so I think the "chaudere/chowdah" dichotomy holds

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Bloop posted:

Lmao

ReWease the secWet Weapon!

An appropriate sandwich for the Giant Mouth of Minsk

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

zedprime posted:

a disappointing plantain

Well, there's a good username

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

rydiafan posted:

Gotta scoop out all the tomato slime before making the sammich.

It was only after realizing that tomato slime was the thing I didn't like about tomatoes that I was able to eat a proper club sandwich

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

zedprime posted:

I am always entertained that elote, which could be a very reasonable loan word, must be translated to "street corn." My hip corn, from the street.

"A parrot died from the high temperatures.. :("
"Ah no, it's a street corn"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

Hello cheese dog my old friend
I've come to snack on you again

The words of the prophets are written on the cave-aged walls, and emmentals

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Bloop posted:

Not if you're hot and thirsty

Tell that to the winner of the Indy 500

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dixville posted:

Yeah the impossible burger patties are delicious. I prefer it to some real burgers I've had. Plus it cooks up just like real meat, starts out pink and turns brown when finished. It's a trip

Does it have the weird stank Beyond stuff has before you cook it?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dixville posted:

I think it's mayo but not 100% sure
Edit

I don't understand this political chart

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elviscat posted:

Plus a lot of places just dump Sysco fries in the fryer and call it a day.

If you're ever at a place that's serving McCain crinkle cut superfries, you know the rest of the food is going to be either absolute dogshit or surprisingly good

And I think the difference is if they have a Street Fighter 2 machine parked in the corner or not

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hamcheemamchee

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
In the metric system, 1 litre of water weighs approximately 1 kg, because originally the kilogram was defined in terms of a cubic decimetre (or litre) of water at 0 C.

I have often wondered what it means about the imperial system of measurement that 2 cups of butter equals a pound of butter.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aardvark! posted:

i hate being embarrassed just to order food because of kitschy or edgy names like that.

making someone say i want the rooty tooty fresh and frooty pancakes is just cruelty

I am sure the waiter at Outback Steakhouse did not appreciate my giggling when I ordered the Chocolate Thunder from Down Under

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
discarding sabot for the BurGun

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

It menaces with spikes of flabby potato

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aardvark! posted: