Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The Source in Australia is good for bulk dry goods.
There's a lot of organic biodynamic fair trade single origin super food etc. going on but also well priced bulk beans, nuts, flours and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FFT posted:

Besides tomatoes and beans (by which I mean the other beans, black, kidney, red, etc.) I'm not sure any single vegetable piled into a can is worth a drat. Maybe loose corn?

Oh right, water chestnuts and baby corn~

I was trying to think of some but I think you're more or less right

Canned lentils suck, they don't take long to cook from raw anyway

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Butterfly Valley posted:

You should just post 'hurt blurr vegans amirite' and cut out the pretense. 'Formerly niche product that used to be bad is now significantly improved after years of hugely increased demand funding r&d to make it tastier' is an extremely uncontroversial concept.

I know this is the thread for dunking on food but yeah, it's boring hearing the same old takes about vegan or vegetarian food

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Relax - it was a joke, fer crissakes. That setup was too perfect to let it pass by.

Sorry I was in a bad mood :(

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Black pudding is the best part

It's the only food I really miss after going vegetarian

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Well, now we can't take anything this reviewer says at face value because that is not at all an accurate description of turkish delight.

Maybe she was just describing that particular restaurant's version of Turkish delight

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Aardvark! posted:

it was made by this guy

It kind of looks like he's vomiting a river of poo poo

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've never used corn syrup as an ingredient but one cup seems like a lot for a savoury dish

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
texture is important, iceberg has a unique texture

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

What are these?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I would eat at the dumb restaurant, it's probably pretty decent, even if it's a stupid gimmick
Someone else is paying though

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Aardvark! posted:

Okay this is clearly delicious, but I want other eyes on it. This is from a restaurant somewhere in France.

1) is that a big rear end scallop
and 2) is that even a burger?

Could it be seared foie gras?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I don't know how Giles Coren is so awful while his sister Victoria Coren Mitchell seems to be such a lovely woman.

He was funny in supersizers like 10+ years ago and I've never seen him in anything else, read anything by him, or heard news of him since, so he seems fine to me, dunno what your problem is.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Does it really need that many different sauces?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
They have juice stained nails from foraging those baked cheeses

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

No, but I was under the mistaken impression that some of the dishes we ordered that were known for having Sichuan pepper in them maybe fuckin might?
But please, don't let me get in the way of you dunking on me, please, tell me how to enjoy Sichuan cuisine correctly

E: none of us have covid my partner and I had it around actual Xmas time, and I have to do a RAT every few days for work, and we did one today to make sure it was safe for my mum to be here. It just sucked?

No,, you're a racist with Covid because you're anti vax
You sicken me

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

more falafel please posted:

Y'all know there's a difference between yeast donuts and cake donuts right

Donuts aren't much of a thing here

I guess yeast donuts are like a sweetened, enriched, yeasted bread dough that is risen and has developed gluten and cake donuts are made with no rise and no gluten development?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Whether the potatoes are gross or not, he should separate out his portion and dump in all his extras.
The rest of the family clearly aren't into them so retain your pride by saying their unrefined palates can't appreciate it.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That was covered in the relationships thread the recipe came from, this seems like a better place to discuss its culinary merits.

Good point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh, I'll have a basic ground beef stuffed pepper any day of the week, those are great. It can get iffy fast once you expand away from that, though.

Greek style gemista stuffed with rice and herbs is great.