Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Is that L-with-a-line-through-it just pronounced L then? I’ve been buying a brand of Polish mineral water from Costco for years now and have no idea how to pronounce it, and neither did the multiple people who asked me how to pronounce it when we were grabbing it off the shelf at the same time. It’s spelled nałęczowianka, I’ve been pronouncing it to myself as nah-dezh-ovanka. I’m sure that’s absolutely incorrect, which is why I just call it “my fancy Polish water from Costco” and never say it out loud in public.

Bibliotechno Music has a new favorite as of 22:39 on Apr 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

A lot of smaller US dairy producers do make and sell really good cultured butter — but it can be hard to find anywhere that’s not either a city or a rural farmstand. Suburbanites, you made your beds on this one and now you get no good butter.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Data Graham posted:

It is the difference between “sausage” and “a sausage” which apparently does not exist everywhere

Like how when I got to New York and had to have an argument with a local about “pizza” versus “a pizza” versus “a pie” made of “pizza”

This drove me absolutely bonkers when I lived in NJ.
Pumpkin, apple, or tomato sauce with cheese? Your choice.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Is this some kind of rectangular shrimp?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

RoastBeef posted:

A new meatball focused restaurant opened near me:

It’s like the gif version of a flickering neon sign.

(Not food related, but the town I went to high school in had a pet grooming storefront called Doggy Stylez)

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

(It’s an amazing Swiss Alpine cheese called Chällerhocker)

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

HookedOnChthonics posted:

now someone do the needful and make a chicken, peach ring, and donette salad

quote:

https://emilykylenutrition.com/rainbow-chicken-quinoa-salad/ posted:
Taste the rainbow with this vibrant, high-protein, cannabis rainbow chicken salad made with delicious fresh fruit for a hearty entree-style meal that is naturally gluten-free and finished with a zesty lemon cannabis vinaigrette.

This actually looks great, and I would 100% order it in a restaurant if it was less performative about weed, allergens, gayness.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Yes. Microwaved scrambled eggs are the simplest and easiest to clean up after. This is my hill.

These were on sale in Lidl. I bought enough to keep me in Tic-Tac's for the next year.

Where.

How.

Give me them.

Orange tic tacs are my favorite candy and I can hardly ever find them anymore, cola flavored anything is my second favorite candy and I also can’t find it easily anywhere except weird boomer nostalgia sites that seem like they might scam my grandmother somehow. Anyone who gives me a line on rare tic tacs will reap many future rewards you will be my posting friend forever and if I find rare or unavailable in your area candy you like I will send it to you or tell you about it

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

???

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

ZombieCrew posted:

Is it one of them Birds nest egg sandys?

It’s a toast sandwich. Bread all the way down, my friend.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

thecluckmeme posted:

Soft bread, crunchy toast, condiments to offset the dryness, poverty sucks

Oh I meant it in reference to the post above mine.

Dareon posted:

Two slices of bread? That's a handle, the things that go between them is the actual food.

Therefore, bread in this case is simultaneously food and not-food. Schrodinger’s Toast, if you will.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I just grimaced in public.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

In my experience men’s rooms are baseline gross as hell, while women’s rooms are baseline pretty clean.

But when a women’s room is nasty, it’s like the literal poo poo hit a literal fan, with added sprinkles of period blood.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

tribbledirigible posted:

The world's most laid back firebender.

Is there more to it, like the sprinkler system going off?

Looks like she was staying at the table just long enough to make sure she hadn’t set the place on fire.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I only kept watching to see *how many* sauces they had, it was honestly impressive.

Now that I think of it, it must’ve taken a while to collect all those packets. Shame.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I’ve never ever had a physical reaction to anything in this thread, and not in the Internet at large for years. I’m currently eating lunch at the restaurant I work at, and I just literally irl gagged to the point that I felt bile rising in my throat. I’ve cleaned out so many sink drains that look exactly like that.

Thank god I had just finished my food, I’m not gonna be able to consume solids for at least a couple hours. Now I have to take a shot of malort to get that taste out of my head. (I was gonna do that shot anyway tho)

Edit: also the sink itself is sparkling clean, so there has to be a good coating of dish soap and/or sanitizer on that. Hot drat.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

But…
But…
What food are they actually serving?

Please tell me they’re serving food.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

i guess i'm just prejudiced as i grew up as a neglected semi-feral for a stretch and if you come from that you have to figure out a few basic methods of food prep. when i run into someone who doesn't even know how to boil water i wonder how the gently caress that even happened.

I once saw my buddy’s roommate heat water for his tea by putting the (filled) mug on a sauté pan on the stovetop. I’ve never been more baffled in my life.

My mom and her mom both hate(d) cooking with a passion; Nanny either ate out or heated up frozen White Castle burgers after Granddaddy died and she didn’t have to housewife anymore, and my mom’s signature dish was baby carrots boiled in water, butter, and brown sugar. I’ve never seen my dad cook anything other than plain ramen with no egg or nothin, noodles with butter, or grilled salmon (luckily my stepmom is an excellent cook and introduced me to things like bell peppers and green beans). When I started dating my now-husband in college, I *somehow* managed to ruin Kraft mac and cheese, so he started teaching me the basics of cooking. Now I cook for a living and just take over the kitchen whenever I visit either of them, lest I die inside watching my mom hack at an onion with a serrated knife.

For the record, I’m a total Pizza Hitler and my favorite is jalapeño, bacon, and pineapple :getin:

Second fav is sausage, ricotta, and giardiniera. I have nothing but pity for those without access to giardiniera or proper Italian sausage.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Honestly I’m less grossed out by the bread than I am the idea of walking across it in slides. And wearing socks with slides is third grossest.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

I want this

now that I know of this concept maybe I'll just buy the two and mix at my leisure though yeah

As a person not from a Marmite country, I really don’t think I can be trusted to mix the two in the proper ratios. But give me this jar and I will endeavor to learn.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I have the sinking feeling that Burscough is pronounced nothing like it’s spelled

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

This suddenly reminds me that back when I was a kid, one of our family's regular side dishes was butter dips, literally just simple breadsticks very liberally coated with melted butter before baking :sweatdrop:

This made me remember that my mom would always make garlic bread by slicing “French bread” from the grocery store most of the way through, and then putting a pat of butter and some raw garlic between each slice before toasting it in the oven. She was very proud of having devised this method.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Sounds good

It wasn’t. I forgot it was margarine, not butter, and either the garlic would be raw or the bread would be burnt.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Egg on pizza is god-tier and sadly lacking in North America

Hell same goes for egg on burg, although that's more common.

I used to work at a pizza place that had an up charge option of adding quail eggs to your pizza. Just an adorable tiny egg in the center of each slice.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Definitely thought those were black tamales for a sec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

ELTON JOHN posted:

elton john has a song about one of these, but which one

He’s got a song about each of these, but only one made it into an album.