Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Step 1: Mountain Dew

Step 2: Mountain Dew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I can think of at least 2 things wrong with that description.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Dareon posted:

I agree, but what even is it?

Granos

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Anders Brevik wanted to make poison bullets using nicotine because of its high lethality. It’s an obscure bit of trivia and Jesus Christ I can’t believe I have to say this but don’t compare posters to white supremacist terrorists to drop trivia nuggets.

Look at this Trivia Nugget Scientist over here

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Paging Mr. Smash Mouth

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
As a former New Yorker, I maintain that currently, the best thing about pizza (and bagels) there is the insane amount of competition. There's seriously like an average of one pizza place every commercial block there. So if it's not at least halfway decent they're basically doomed. Of course I'm mainly referring to the city and Long Island area -- upstate it's just at much of a crapshoot as anywhere else.

Originally, before everyone could look up recipes on the internet, it was probably true that NY was the only place where they knew how to make it right. But now it's more about percentages. If you live in a town with only 1 pizza place you just have to hope they know what they're doing, and if they don't then you're out of luck.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
If you're only using shredded mozzarella you're doing it wrong. Shredded Italian Blend is right next to it in most grocery stores, use that instead. I've not really had issues with it browning too quickly either -- I'm guessing that might happen if the cooking surface isn't hot enough or the cheese isn't cold enough. You wanna take that stuff out of the fridge at the very last minute.

Also forget pizza stones, baking steels are the new hotness (literally). A tad more expensive, but they get even hotter and it's basically impossible to break them.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

If this was made out of the stuff they put on those strawberry shortcake ice cream bars, I totally would

Of course that's probably just like, butter and flour held together by a black hole's mass worth of corn syrup. So probably still not worth it

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

If you are farming a fish
Him name is tilapia white fish

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

For 6-8 people, maybe. That is way too much of everything, and the stickiness would drive me crazy.

Yeah ice cream cones are already kind of a mess. I can't imagine how many napkins I'd need with that drat thing. Seems to completely defeat the purpose of it being a "portable" dessert.

Also I've generally found that combining ice cream and soft stuff just doesn't go nearly as well as I want it to. Texturally things just don't work out.

Those little perforations in the dough are extremely triggering. Just everything wrong with pizza right there.

FFT posted:

Searches for "why is it cool ranch?" result in "it's called 'cool american' in other countries" and completely garbage AI-generated answers

It's equally likely to indicate endearment :colbert:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

eating only apples posted:

What about a piece of breef? Is it for burdening?

e: now i'm watching it again sorry.

one knife ye hand, one life ye heart, what a perfect lie

I think I'm going to have to take the rest of the day off because I rewatched that video and now I can't read words anymore

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

In my brain I was thinking "that was pretty bad, but y'know, COVID and all that" and then I remembered this was before the pandemic.

I feel like some day, history students will conflate the two

And on that day, I will be ready to say, "Well actually"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I'm assuming the fig newtons normally have eggs and/or milk in the dough part, at the very least. Those are extremely common in any baked good. Makes perfect sense to have a "plant-based" version.

Similarly I've become extremely grateful for seemingly pointless "gluten-free" labels ever since discovering my kid was allergic to wheat & barley. It's hidden in so many random things, such as powdered seasoning mixes, soy sauce, rice krispies (they use barley malt for sweetness), french fries (usually "extra crispy" versions), etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

teen witch posted:

Yes a nation of millions definitely think this

Yes, and they're holding us back.