Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The worst thing to happen to the Irish since Bloody Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I worked on a film last summer where the actor went in Keto for six months before shooting to achieve a nothing but skin and bones look.

Literally minutes after he wrapped a few people from the crew walked in with a stack of pizzas and beer and he dug in. Never seen anyone as happy.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

is this too much for one serving of chilli?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Do they sell localized versions of Scrabble?

Z is worth one point.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Horse meat is good if it's from a foal. Real soft meat.

It's only looked down on because it used to be poor people food and also Germanic pagans used to sacrifice and eat horses at their religious ceremonies. In between the human sacrifice (which wasn't eaten).

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Apr 14, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

How's kangaroo?

Just discovered that my regular supermarket carries Kangaroo meat (frozen but still) and I'm seriously considering trying it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sausage is like organized crime in that it's best to not ask too many questions.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Brawnfire posted:

I'd rather be getting twisted on fireball than the guy who used to buy as many vanilla extracts as he could afford from trader joe's and drink them in the parking lot while yelling at women about the NFL

Back in my student days a friend and I would semi- regularly get shitfaced on vanilla extract and Pepsi (or Coke if we were feeling festive). It's cheap as dirt (I live in Iceland where the sales tax on alcohol ranges from 54% for beer to 94% for hard liquor. This tax does not apply to vanilla extract as technically speaking you're not supposed to drink it.) and doesn't taste half bad when mixed.

It started out as a joke. We thought it would be funny to go to the store buy a bunch and when asked if we wanted a bag say "no thanks I'll drink it here." and start slamming it down. So we bought some to see if we were hard enough to drink it straight up (we weren't) but we found out that if you mix it with cola it's basically just alcoholic vanilla coke.

As we were broke students we'd buy it when we couldn't afford real booze or use it as a last resort when we ran out late at night after everything was closed.

Vanilla extract hangovers were a uniquely lovely in a way that doesn't really compare to anything else.

Never yelled at any women about any acronym.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

bob dobbs is dead posted:

how the gently caress are there like 5 icelander goons

arent there only like 300 thousand icelanders

are 1 out of every 60000 icelanders goons

Long dark winters and generally unpleasant weather make the perfect breeding ground for people who don't go outside much.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

wheatpuppy posted:

a shriveled gray log slouching in a pool of grease.

Please don't sign your posts

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Mama Mia that's-a pasta gonad ball

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Once got really sick for a couple of days as a teenager right after eating some sort of BBQ chicken sandwich at KFC. I don't think it was the sandwich since I started throwing up less than an hour after eating it and continued long after any trace of it could possibly be left but still it was years until I could even smell barbeque sauce without getting queasy.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Probably done by artists who had only heard vague descriptions of what a Pizza looks like

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

MAD was written and illustrated by people living in New York City where you could get proper pizzas as early as 1890 so they probably knew what one looked like and had actually eaten one.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 02:13 on Apr 25, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The only real difference between shrimp and a roach is that one live underwater. Both are gnarly looking scavenging bugs.

I imagine wild roaches taste worse since they eat trash and stuff but I've never had them but I guess if anyone knows how they taste it's probably you.

If there was like farmbred roaches raised for food I can't imagine they'd be that different from shrimp. I had a Spanish teacher once who had lived for years in a part of Mexico where cricket tacos were apparently the local delicacy and she said it was basically just like shellfish texture vise but was always spicy enough that the actual taste of the cricket wasn't detectable.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Cassavetes is right that a good leg of lamb is the best.

Good lamb is hard to get outside sheep breeding regions. I know a Romanian woman who lived in Austria for years and she complained that getting good lamb was basically impossible in pork obsessed Austria. Apparently the trick was to go to Turkish markets but even then it was hit or miss.

When I went to my dad who lives in Denmark for Christmas one time I had to bring a bunch of lamb, both fresh and smoked, from Iceland because it's hard to get in the land of sausage and beans.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 23:40 on May 3, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Halloumi was everywhere last time I was in Sweden (about 2 years ago)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hello cheese dog my old friend
I've come to snack on you again

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The cow was already dead how or if it's flesh was put to use has no bearing on this.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Personally I use every part of the animal.

Except the bones, naughty bits, and anything I can't put in a sub.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Why not just make moussaka and replace the dairy with vegan alternatives?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

In the language of my People "Kaka" means cake

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Kavíar?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

In Europe where ranch, both the sauce and the form of agriculture, are almost entirely alien Doritos Cool Ranch is known as Doritos Cool American.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Made some pasta with prosciutto in tomato sauce but I ran out of fusilli so I threw some macaroni in there as filler.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My only experience with an English breakfast is when I was in Edinburgh and the hotel had a free breakfast that seemed to consist of lukewarm beans, lukewarm scrambled eggs, some very rough and chewy ham they called bacon, and some toast.

Which I'm going to assume isn't the optimal English breakfast experience. Especially since it wasn't even in England.

Also the coffee was apparently undrinkable which is probably to be expected in the land of tea.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Halloumi?
Hallu YOU, buddy!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I had pinsa once in northern Italy. There they sold it as some sort of ancient Roman proto-pizza with the copy emphasising how traditional it was.

No idea if any of that is remotely true but it tasted good.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Lol

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

In America they call it a Crisp rear end in a top hat

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It took over a century for someone to get a giant turtle back to Europe to give it a proper study and a scientific name because they were just too delicious and every expedition that picked some up would eat them.

Didn't help that they stack pretty well.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

There's a fries place in Reykjavík imaginatively called "Reykjavík Chips" which is pretty good. It used to be just chips and a wide variety of sauces but they've also added hamburgers and stuff to the menu which I feel betrays the central premise of the whole affair

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

LifeSunDeath posted:

That british food dude is at it again, eating in the pouring rain for no reason I can understand:

The reason is simple

LifeSunDeath posted:

That british [...] dude

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hot cheese?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My Lovely Horse posted:

... chicken rings?

e: _____/

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Why do Anglos call Vienna Bread 'Danishes'?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I once made something called a Flying Jacob which is like a banana, chicken, bacon, and peanut casserole type deal. It sounds and looks atrocious but tasted really good.

Look at this monstrosity

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 21:12 on Jun 8, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

axolotl farmer posted:

This dish was invented in the 1970s in Sweden. It’s one of those very unfashionable dishes that most people shamefully love. It’s something that a male student will cook for his first dinner date in his first apartment, or a family will celebrate a kid turning 11 with.

We got it as part of one of those Meal Kit type deals where you pay a company and they give you ingredients and recipes for a week. We tried it for a while and when the Flying Jacob popped as one of the recipes up I had my doubts it was going to be any good but since every other recipe had been good (except for the time there was a 'Moroccan fish dish' that was basically inedible because of some sort of wacky mishap with the spice-mix from the company). My wife lived in Sweden for a bit and has family there so she had heard of a Flying Jacob and was less skeptical but still didn't expect much. We were both very pleasantly surprised at how well those seemingly discordant ingredients worked together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A proper prepper eats nothing but homemade roadkill jerky