Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'll sous your vide if you know what I mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

RoboRodent posted:

I can't stop thinking about the food waste involved in cutting off the crust of every sandwich you make on a restaurant scale.

I don't understand why anyone does that even at home.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Why are the comments encouraging this?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

freelop posted:

Spotted in Aldi yesterday :barf:

Not sure what part of this is supposed to be :barf:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Dead animal in slime and potato cylinders.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

This would've been pretty good, and like a third of the effort to make, if you just didn't put in the food coloring and sprinkles.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Elviscat posted:

Y'all know that all bread turns into sugar once you eat it, right?

the wise man bowed his head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between bread & sugar. you imbecile. you loving moron"

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Italians that act like tomatos are something they've been cooking with from the very beginning.

I mean, when something has been part of your culture for 500 years I think you can define that as the "very beginning".
efb.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

Kaviar is great

Nope.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

I am willing to die on kaviar hill :sweden:

You probably will once you smell your own breath.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

dog nougat posted:

Edit: the most egregious thing here is using salted butter for baking.

I use salted butter for baking and still add more salt to almost everything I bake. Please put salt in your cookie dough.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

This is the optimal butter:bread ratio. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Gromit posted:

Grilled halloumi cheese is amazing. Has anyone ever put in on a burger?

My dude, there are entire burgers made out of halloumi.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Gay space communism can give me as much arable land as it wants, I refuse to grow as much as a single tomato.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Paladinus posted:

It's Australian.

Yeah, that's what steinrokkan said.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Where's the entire bag of sugar?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Mate I have hella qualms about eating oysters.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
1 MAN = 4 servings.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Nice avatar/post combo.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

this is my breakfast.

I added some chili paste before I chowed down if that sweetens the deal

The red is ketchup

I respect this breakfast.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

I once made something called a Flying Jacob which is like a banana, chicken, bacon, and peanut casserole type deal. It sounds and looks atrocious but tasted really good.

Look at this monstrosity

Not sure what's supposed to be monstrous about a casserole tbh.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

They do that for grocery stores as well, you just gotta get it out of the freezer section.

The worst strawberries I've ever had were store-brand frozen strawberries. They were water shaped like strawberries and painted reddish-pink.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

OSHA thread is over here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904642&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
People who have a strong opinion one way or the other on coke/pepsi are loving weirdos.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Using calories instead of joules in the first place is dumb as poo poo tbh.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Tunicate posted:

A Calorie is the energy needed to raise a liter of water by one degree C, and provides a conveniently sized unit that doesn't need decimals.

What's the problem?

It's better to have one unit for energy instead of two and joule is the SI one, whereas the calorie is old and obsolete, more or less only used for food for historical reasons.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

Frozen pizza with potato chips and ground beef.

From the number one frozen pizza brand in Norway. Apparently the perfidious Norwegian eats this stuff on Christmas.

Pizza looks fine, but I don't like how norwegians apparently call ground beef "meat dough".

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

They're so cute. I love them.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Roundup Ready posted:

Throw some ketchup on there and we'll talk

:wtc:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Idk, it's probably fine. I eat off plates that have been doused in detergent all the time. You don't need it tho, cold water gets the chicken slime off just fine.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

freelop posted:

I'm asuming you're joking about washing raw chicken?
You really shouldn't do that

You should, because it removes the gross slime from the surface of the chicken, so seasoning actually sticks to the meat, and also makes the chicken brown up better. Of course the NHS is going to err on the side of caution in its advice section.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

The gently caress kind of chicken do you have that is coated in slime?

Have you never touched raw chicken?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Surely basilisk bacon is kosher. Regular bacon isn't, but that's because it's pork, not because it's bacon.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Tbh that looks like it might be good, if you just remove the peel from the lemons.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Treguna Mekoides posted:

This is so cursed. I can't imagine just...thinking you could "improve" on a traditional dish that isn't your own. How loving boring and sheltered do you have to be to think savory rice porridge is too weird for "Western palates"? Congee is great just as it is.

You can absolutely improve dishes, no matter who "owns" them. You sound like an italian upset at foreign pizza.

This particular case looks like weird hipsters tho.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Never really seen the point of office fridges. I just keep my lunch box in my bag until it's ready to microwave, and it's still cold-ish by then. There just isn't enough time between 8 and 12 for food to go bad, so why bother putting it in the fridge?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Nah, I'm still offended.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Look, I'm sure the kebab is fine, but I don't think you're allowed to call it "handmade".

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Lol if you don't carbonate your instant ramen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
This is worse than 2 girls 1 cup.
1 guy 1 sink.