Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This makes me want to build a dice tower and fill it with beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

OwlFancier posted:

How the gently caress do you even eat the one in the trifle glass? Like you'd have to take the bun off and eat that, then dig the patty out and eat that...

Throw it on the floor and

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Someone once showed me their prized family recipe for "Wood Tick Salad." I posted it in the old thread but

quote:

quote:

1 cup of wheat

1 – 14 oz. can of crushed pineapple with juice

1 – 4 oz. pkg. of vanilla instant pudding

1 – 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese

1 large container of Cool Whip

Soak the wheat overnight. Strain the wheat. Mix everything together. Chill for 6 hours.

Salad

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sisal Two-Step posted:

"Wood tick"?????

Yep. I guess they decided to make it more appetizing by giving it a name evocative of a bowl of parasitic bugs.

I wish I were making this up.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

AlbieQuirky posted:

What did they mean by “wheat” there? Wheat berries?

Not that it would make a difference, really.

That's my interpretation of it. I didn't ask follow-up questions of the recipe.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

my town has a bulk barn and an independently owned bulk food store. The latter is a hippy rear end place and in addition to their bulk foods primary function they also sell bullshit like ear candles.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I would take that big box of fries meat and sauce and put it on two sawhorses and lay underneath to wait for my destiny

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Townsends found a recipe he didn't like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfRpxj29RXE

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I accidentally make vegan dishes all the time. I'm happy to eat good vegan or vegetarian food but I'm of the camp of "don't call it vegan meat because that's stupid."

I think in my case a big part of it is if someone makes something for me and calls it "vegan bacon," all that happens is I sit there and think about how little it tastes like bacon and I have a bad time. If someone serves me "crispy bbq eggplant" (which has been served to me as vegan bacon) I'll be like "hey this is good I love eggplant."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

is chowda

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Didn't take a picture but I dipped a leftover jollibee spicy chicken leg in to leftover hollandaise tonight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

There's a certain point where a burger stops being even a loosely defined sandwich and just becomes a heap

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Home made creamed corn from fresh picked corn is delicious and it's a great way to preserve extra garden corn in the freezer.

The canned poo poo is not as good, and store-brand canned creamed corn is vile.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm too lazy to take a picture but I made a beet risotto yesterday and the leftovers look like a bowl of raw ground beef.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LifeSunDeath posted:

pretty sure spaghetti is just worms, from someone creature's butt.

You're thinking of vermicelli.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

spankmeister posted:

I read somewhere that they used to treat severe constipation with mercury. Just a big ole glug of it to push everything down and clear it out.

They used to do a lot of poo poo with mercury

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Olive loaf is fine but it's disappointing when it's the only bread in the house.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Italians using tomatoes isn't cultural appropriation or a problem. The problem is that Italians act as if anyone else using tomatoes is cultural appropriation and a problem, as if God himself on the 5th day planted San Marzano tomatoes on the ashy slopes of Mount Vesivius and that any other tomato used for any other purpose is a sign of tragic historical decline.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fireball was thoroughly an underage drinking bottle in paper bag beverage where I lived in the 90s.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

D34THROW posted:

I would wholeheartedly try weird old lady perfume/dish soap candies. I am also the kind of person who enjoys black licorice Twizzlers and jellybeans, and will absolutely annihilate any quantity of Aussie style black licorice. I also like horehound candies. Take from this all what you will. I'm a confectionery freak :v:

Whenever I eat any of this I go "mmmm.... grosss...." and go back for seconds.

have you ever had the scandanavian salted licorice?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Clamato is fine. It barely tastes clammy. It's like tomato juice with a bit of "hm what's that?" in it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

PYF Horrible Food: the pizza cake

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That's veal weisswurst. Obviously. You clown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Are those wings covered in one of those terrifying mountain dew or monster energy drink based-sauces?