Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Scarodactyl posted:

Part (of a) shrimp

I like this one the best :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

My Lovely Horse posted:

Can we code a smilie so it randomly displays the shrimp or the pastry variant

oops! Surprise :goatsecx:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CannonFodder posted:

The easier way is to take off the root and the top layers and then send the onion through one of these guys

Thank you for reminding me that these exist, I just ordered one.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fizzymercy posted:

I watched a guy waffle cut his hand on one of those while working a blooming onion booth at the fair. I didn't even know the drat things were sharp until he started to holler.

Wear gloves.

Don't put your hand in it, ding dong

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

My Lovely Horse posted:

Don't put your ding dong in it, either

gently caress

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
It sounds to me like he was not plunging them through all the way due to making blooming onions, I'm guessing he didn't have the plunger, and therefore couldn't just push down harder on it to finish the job.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HookedOnChthonics posted:

i treat my mandoline like a goddamn lightsaber, thing came in the box with this style warning label on a separate sheet on top of everything else and i 100% believe it:

At some point after cleaning my mandolin, my roommate stuck it in a ziploc storage bag, which is a drat good idea for storing these things.

It's also exactly how I'm going to store the blades on my dicey boi

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:lol: google tells me that the freezing point of Olive Oil is 42.

I've got some coconut oil that's been frozen for months.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fizzymercy posted:

Pizza is a salad.

:wrong:

Salad is a pizza

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Why wouldn’t cereal count as a cold soup

Cereal is a pre-slurry

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Paladinus posted:

Salad is... waking up to find he's not a dream.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

drrockso20 posted:

just remembered I had this golden story lying around my Imgur account;

Uh, I've done this in the days before it was on the internet, you just boil the can for a while. I can't remember the details, but it was from my aunt's second, now unfortunately deceased, husband.

I think you just boiled the can for 10 or 20 minutes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I see nothing wrong with this

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

rodbeard posted:

When I was a small child I thought I saw a pile of marshmallow fluff on the ground so I ate it and it was not marshmallow fluff. My brain decided I'm not allowed to ever forget this one single memory of being a toddler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_ROA_ZEGfA

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I've never eaten an uncrustable because bread, peanut butter, and jelly are cheap as gently caress. It's just bread ($2), Peanut butter ($5), and Jelly ($3). The PB and J will last longer than the bread, so it's an investment like a jar of spices.

On top of that, bread is really versatile, if you use butter ($3) and cheese product ($2) instead and apply heat, you can make a grilled cheese sandwich.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah I was about to say that they have the same "stoner depression" energy as Hot Pockets and Lunchables, which are... fine. They function, for the reasons they were created.

Stoner depression food is chips and salsa and/or queso

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

boar guy posted:

a whole store with aisles like these:

they'd always have like 4 or 5 varieties of rye chips. amazing

I haven't seen the scoops for bulk candy in like 20 years.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

would

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Goddamn do I miss Chinese buffets

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

This is like the opposite of the pizza girl picture. Hell, even Sargent Chowdown is more enthused

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fizzymercury posted:

I do not understand keto. It's broken thinking to me because carbs are your friends and you need them.

I honestly think that the appeal of Keto is "I can loose weight and I don't have to stop eating chicken tendies!"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I really do think the main reason diets fail is because most "diet food" just sucks rear end, and after a couple weeks the call of the Cheeseburger gets too strong. Week 3 of eating foods that are "weird" to you and all you want is the same poo poo you're used to eating. I've seen it my entire life when it comes to my parents, one day they're still on one fad diet, and the next day it's back Shake 'N Bake and Betty Crocker.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

uber_stoat posted:

dehumanize yourself and face to elastic waistbands.

They're actually not that bad, and a belt covers it up really good

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zedprime posted:

That's probably the least weird thing in the posts. People swear up and down that leaving lead or steel shot in their game birds during roasting makes it taste better.

I'm pretty sure that lead will make it more sweet, I mean that's why the romans used it so much for wine

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Yellow Yoshi posted:

apparently Arbys was experimenting with meat based vegetables in 2019

check out my carnivore carrot

Another casualty of COVID :rip:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Wasabi the J posted:

What happened to the little "death to america" emoticon?

:d2a:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LadyPictureShow posted:

My best guess is this.

I will snack on a can or bag of this stiff like they're potato chips.

Goddamn do I love these things

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't think a waffle belongs in a sandwich.

But other than that, there's just the general fact that english food is the least visually appealing regional cuisine in the world.

What if you use waffles for a bun?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Is that coffee or gravy?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

boar guy posted:

it's the bomb

I tried it, it wasn't nearly as impressive as people make it out to be

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Meal kit subscriptions are real bad yo.

I got a couple boxes from Hello Fresh back in 2017 because the first one was free and I forgot to cancel the next couple. The sheer amount of packaging was unconscionable. Sure the tiny jar of ketchup, or airline bottle of balsamic were cute, but I don't need individually wrapped hamburger buns, or jalapenos.

At least none of it was rotten and they did a good job keeping it cold, even if the gel packs were big enough to fill up my freezer if I even wanted to reuse them

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I have in multiple occasions, for lack of wanting to eat anything specific, yet still being hungry, have eaten a can of room temperature refried beans directly from said can.

They're much better warmed over, but sometimes I just don't want to dirty up a bowl or pot when you can eat it directly from the wrapper

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OwlFancier posted:

Does it just extrude whatever you fill it with?

Could you not just load your food into a caulking gun if you want to do that?

It looks like it's just a piping bag that you would use to decorate a cake, but gun shaped

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tunicate posted:

with enough pressure anything will go through a noozle

That's how they make pasta

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MariusLecter posted:

Carrot bacon.

Glazed carrots are awesome, so some maple and liquid smoke probably wouldn't be bad.

Would

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

These are all rocks aren't they?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

angerbeet posted:

Things in meat

I'm going to say that I would eat all three of these like the animal that I am

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I like eating, I like being in shape, I'm tiny, therefore if something is a nice substitute but with less calories obviously I want that one. Eating is fun. I'm not about to go out and start living off soylent.

What if I told you that Soylent Green is people?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'll just eat regular ice cream TYVM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
American's are conditioned to like "a good deal" so that's why we fall for buying the large size of everything every time, it's only $0.50 more for 3 times the food!

It doesn't matter that we don't need or want a gallon of Dr. Pepper and a literal bucket of fries, that's a good deal!

It's something I noticed a while back and have been going with small sizes most of the time I get fast food. I'm cool with a small fry and a drink, and it doesn't make me want to take a nap an hour after lunch time.