Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah the key really is to not let the water boil off and then additionally heat the sealed can for x more hours, like a dumbass who falls asleep while the stove is on and blames the recipe.

If you use a sous vide setup to make it you can safely be the dumbass who falls asleep while it’s on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Some Goon posted:

Please don't do that the the texture of whatever you're sousing vide.

...I’ll, uh, get right on it?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
It’s a little excessive but I’ve taken to using my sous vide setup for butter. Get it to just a smidge above room temperature and it’s perfect.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Brawnfire posted:

Now I'm just waiting for the other milkshake duck shoe to drop. WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES, FIZZYMERCURY?!?

My money’s on cannibalism at the rate he’s going.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FFT posted:

Except for one of the mystery meat SVE episodes (tripe) I'd eat just about anything I've seen on Guga Foods/Sous Vide Everything tbh

Yakuza 5 managed the completely impossible and made me want to try tripe. According to Taiga “18 Counts” Sajima, the trick is to burn the poo poo out of it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I drank a opened can of diet dr pepper once that had been sitting in my car during the florida summer for several hours.

It wasn't good.

I once did this with a can of Mountain Dew I found while cleaning out my car in the summer. I hesitate to call the taste “bad” exactly, it was more like my mouth was extremely confused and didn’t understand in any way what was happening.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sir Lemming posted:

I can think of at least 2 things wrong with that description.

I can think of at most zero things wrong with the product though.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

spankmeister posted:

Orange is the best, mint second best.

I miss Tic-Tac Silvers, basically just big Tic-Tacs, and they had orange flavor. So drat good. (And probably terrible for me.)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Meatsink technology has definitely improved in recent years.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Mountain Dew, with its trademark “doesn’t have sugar” flavor.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-41YUSZ9VAg

Pretty much every time I’ve heard about someone trying it, they thought it wasn’t half bad.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Skulk Hogan posted:

Mother of God

:eyepoop:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

uber_stoat posted:

many believe that a cheeto is a member of a singular set containing only one thing: cheeto. others, more controversially, posit that cheetos belong to a category containing other snacks such as andy capp's hot fries and cheeze balls. the argument does not seem likely to be resolved in our time.

Adding to this, the physical properties of Munchos remain a constant mystery.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

titties posted:

The cotton candy one is gross but only because it actually tastes like cotton candy

Speaking as someone who would totally be down for cotton candy soda because I’m kind of broken like that (A-Treat’s bubble gum soda was great), Faygo cotton candy is vile because it tastes like it’s supposed to for about two seconds, and then the sucralose kicks in.

poo poo’s not even diet soda. Why do companies keep doing that? :(

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Aardvark! posted:

it's liquor... for ladies!

“lady’s jack” reads like a share z0ne tweet

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

But it wasn’t a rock…

It was a…

…oh, I guess it was a rock. My bad.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Captain Hygiene posted:

Speaking of:

I guess wintergreen lozenges still exist, but I don't remember the last time I saw them at a store. I used to enjoy them, but I have a sneaking suspicion they're just rebranded antacid :tinfoil:

I love these things. The most common ones were made by Necco though, and they’re kind of in ownership shuffle limbo at the moment.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Finally, the age of getting a bucket of nothing but fried skin is approaching.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Brawnfire posted:

You want vegan cracklings?

As long as it’s deep fried and seasoned I’ll eat basically anything, yeah.

Pictured: My perfect dinner.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

https://twitter.com/davedittell/status/675806988572319744?s=21

Ergo, this is a traditional Chicago cheesesteak.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

SlothfulCobra posted:

I'd guess that it's some kind of failure of mozzarella where the outside coagulated, but they didn't keep it mixing so it turned into just a skin over milk with disconnected cheese clumps inside.

It’s called burrata, it’s intentional, and they’re incredibly delicious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burrata

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rzyox9msOc

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Great, now you’ve got me thinking about the concept of hard soup stock.

…I’d still take it over an IPA to be honest.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

axolotl farmer posted:

Boiled pizza is much healthier

Ah, Neo Tokyo style. Delicious.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Data Graham posted:

I would eat that entire pallet to prevent people from calling it "mutz"

:patriot:

The dude at a local sandwich place got really pissed at me for not knowing what “mutz” was on the menu. The sandwich sucked and they’re out of business now, good friggin’ riddance.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

LifeSunDeath posted:

You're dead to me sweetnlow.

Good.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Maybe it’s just lack of sleep talking here but I kind of want to try this. It doesn’t seem like the worst idea…

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Hirayuki posted:

There's one in my fridge right now, because my teen told me he'd try it. Now that it's more than a hypothetical, though, the little poo poo is trying to weasel out of it.

Apparently it tastes like Dew with a touch of Flamin' Hot and citrus.

It’s boring, tbh

I’d have liked it more if it was interestingly terrible, it’s like drinking a sort of flavorless Mountain Dew with a vague aftertaste of Atomic Fireballs.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RareAcumen posted:

It looks like one of those ceramic knives that Kays Cooking was always using. Is that also going to scratch up the pan?

Don’t mess with ceramic knoife. Look how it cut the paypuhr. And woohd!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

This stuff is so much better than its namesake band that it’s positively absurd. Love me some Phish Food.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

LifeSunDeath posted:

it's like better rocky road.

the band Phish is like worse [name any band].

Phish is basically just if the Grateful Dead did prog rock, which I think is technically one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

teen witch posted:

Unfortunately, I would.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

hot gusher goop does not sound pleasant to me

Either one of these would make a real good thread title imo