Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
mashed potatoes can cover many sins, but not as many as you would hope. That's what the jury decided, anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

But what about mashed potatoes with ketchup and mayo?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Hello Sailor posted:

But what about mashed potatoes with ketchup and mayo?

:dogout:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
One of my unrealized dreams from being the "beverage director" in fine dining was putting on a cocktail menu that was all hamburger condiment themed. I had figured out:

Ketchup: roasted tomato bloody mary. Simple!
Mayo: figured out you can use mayonnaise in a sour instead of egg so was going to do a mayo pisco sour
Mustard: got tricky here but a bartender had washed some really juniper-forward gin in duck fat, so we were going to do that and some sort of mustard seed and turmeric infused syrup for a shrub or Rickey
Relish: Dill and cucumber tincture with soda from the highball machine. Was thinking NA for this one, or maybe Scotch for a wildcard

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

Mayo: figured out you can use mayonnaise in a sour instead of egg so was going to do a mayo pisco sour
Mustard: got tricky here but a bartender had washed some really juniper-forward gin in duck fat, so we were going to do that and some sort of mustard seed and turmeric infused syrup for a shrub or Rickey
Relish: Dill and cucumber tincture with soda from the highball machine. Was thinking NA for this one, or maybe Scotch for a wildcard

what the gently caress

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I ended up doing a Steely Dan theme for that summer menu instead. The only specific cocktail I remember was a corn milk bourbon flip that I called The Royal Scam

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Soul Dentist posted:

One of my unrealized dreams from being the "beverage director" in fine dining was putting on a cocktail menu that was all hamburger condiment themed. I had figured out:

Did you ever try any of these?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Soul Dentist posted:

The hell is wrong with you

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
what about sauerkraut?

how about this:

Sauerkraut: Tanqueray 10 gin mixed with a generous handful of sauerkraut, topped with a sprinkle of caraway seeds

Mozi fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 19, 2024

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mozi posted:

what about sauerkraut?

how about this:

Sauerkraut: Tanqueray 10 gin mixed with a generous handful of sauerkraut, topped with a sprinkle of caraway seeds

keep it up and I'm going to hold you down and make you drink a mayo sour

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Tried all of them. The mustard cocktail was the one I just couldn't nail down. The fat was was just too funky, and mustard seed just got bitter instead of brightening it up. Turmeric syrup and duckfat gin ended up in a cocktail separately though. Mayo is essentially egg and lemon juice with extra fat, so the sour worked, although it was technically a flip because it used the whole egg. I don't understand how anybody could get weirded out by a bloody, especially because I ran a kimchi bourbon bloody instead with juice from a batch of kimchi we aged in bourbon barrels, garnished with a boquerón.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Just loving give me my whiskey sour

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I don't think I ever heard of cocktails using egg whites or whole eggs before today, and now I have to think about drinking mayo too? What a way to end the work week :sludgepal:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The relish one should just be a Buckaloosa, well whiskey (Jameson if you're fancy) with a pickle brine chaser.

There is a loooong history of eggs in cocktails, whether just the white, just the yolk, or both. A Negroni Flip with a bit of nutmeg grated on it is a truly fantastic winter cocktail.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
We already had a pickleback on the menu!

steinrokkan posted:

Just loving give me my whiskey sour

Lol at pretending a whiskey sour is some sort of Bourbon Bastard dive bar drink anymore

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

oh man, I'm probably going to a semi-fancy bar tonight, might get a proper New York Sour.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Hell yeah there was a red wine float on the mayo one for a second but it was really gilding the lily

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

Hell yeah there was a red wine float on the mayo one for a second but it was really gilding the lily

I'm going to have to ask you to leave

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Soul Dentist posted:

We already had a pickleback on the menu!

Lol at pretending a whiskey sour is some sort of Bourbon Bastard dive bar drink anymore

I didn't plan on drinking, but I just made a whiskey sour with a Tullamore Dew and some expired lemon juice from a plastic bottle just to spite you

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

What kind of prick buys any of those, let alone all of them?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Hopefully the kind of prick that goes to a craft cocktail bar in a hotel. To be clear this was a supplement menu on top of a menu of classics and variations on stuff like old fashioneds and manhattans. Something to help my bartenders not get bored more than anything.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

Hopefully the kind of prick that goes to a craft cocktail bar in a hotel. To be clear this was a supplement menu on top of a menu of classics and variations on stuff like old fashioneds and manhattans. Something to help my bartenders not get bored more than anything.

You're still explaining but we'd all just like you to leave and unbookmark the thread :thanks:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
no we need more drink ideas

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
My joke drink was to order a Slow Comfortable Screw Against the Wall. I have no recollection what was in one other than a poo poo ton of alcohol. A surprising number of bartenders didn't bat an eye.

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

Mozi posted:

no we need more drink ideas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuL1sKcMkJ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWzZND5ZTVI

spechtie fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 19, 2024

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Need to garnish that sucker with a small hot dog roll.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Internetjack posted:

My joke drink was to order a Slow Comfortable Screw Against the Wall. I have no recollection what was in one other than a poo poo ton of alcohol. A surprising number of bartenders didn't bat an eye.

Sloe gin, Southern Comfort, Orange Juice and Galliano, in referenced order

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Soul Dentist posted:

No survivors

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Honestly the roasted tomato Bloody Mary sounds alright

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

3 years in japanese prison for illicit burger smuggling

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

IIRC Yuji Naka was sent to prison for smuggling chili dogs into japan

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

Sloe gin, Southern Comfort, Orange Juice and Galliano, in referenced order
Needs some vodka in addition to OJ to be a screwdriver, but that's a hilarious cocktail.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bossy lady posted:

IIRC Yuji Naka was sent to prison for smuggling chili dogs into japan

Actually it was insider trading

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

i know someone who tried one of these. she got really close to finishing it

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I want a windows 7 burger :(

Non Compos Mentis
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
they're going to bring it back for windows 12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Can we please just make it a Windows 12 piece mcnuggets with MS Paint sauce?