Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Nice intact ropes of ???

Dunno what the green stuff is but maybe the white stuff is requejão?

I miss burger stands in Brasil so much. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

drk posted:

The Dogão in its natural habitat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qarO7Qi_PB8

Que sacanagem! They didn't even show the final product, porra!

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Whats with this obsession of multiple layers in a burger? How tf does anyone eat it, or is it just an opportunity to take a photo

with a fork and knife as one does with any other burger.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

they look awful but i've eaten a whole bunch of those burgers in bags from brasil and they're pretty drat tasty.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Never go full x-tudo or dogão completo.

eu faco o que eu quero. :c00lbutt:

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

come on, Brazil is just straight up trolling us now with this burger and pizza poo poo

has there been a .br pizza burger in the thread yet? surely that exists and floats on a bowl of requeijao..

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

the image is from army times so maybe this is a soldier's meal but i couldn't help think that it was from that fake music festival on some island where the victims ended up with no music/lodging and had to eat wonder bread sandwiches with half a cherry tomato. fire festival or something like that.

Big Beef City posted:

You don't see corn ice cream in Iowa.

wrong. https://www.iowafoodandfamily.com/food/recipes/dessert/sweet-corn-ice-cream-blackberry-sauce

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

we need to go deeper...

but wait... what if the CORN WAS THE BURGER?!

i have had burgers in brasil just loving swimming in corn like a toddler in a piss filled ball pit and they were absolutely delicious. so question for all y'all corn haters: would you eat corn on the cob with a burger on the same plate? loose corn? elotes? buttered and/or cheesy hominy?

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

poo poo, corn is a grain. It can be ground into a flour and used as a base for everything. You can make bread with it.

You don't see a pizza place saying "Hey, we have this lovely margarita pizza topped with a handful of pieces of wheat."

Or, "Hey, here is your hamburger with a sprinkling of oats on it."

That's just loving weird.

It's probably just a cultural difference. But corn here is a building block of dishes. Not a loving condiment like ketchup. Which I'd be very upset, and not surprised, if Brazil put ketchup on a pizza.

how do you uncultured fools feel about corn relish?

Big Beef City posted:

Wild Rice....piled HIGH

i got you, fam:

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

bagual posted:

i was replying to a guy who didn't get sweet corn ice cream, who knows what he knows, more of an awkward explanation than implying you all eat feedstock, also thank you for your service lol

pennywise you wrong, everyone knows corn is one of the main ingredients in a hot dog or a burger, always goes along with peas of course

edit:

the cornburger

meu irmao :hfive:

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

I can see having carrots in chili since they are bean-like if cut to size and cooked. And I am for chili with or without beans.

Having written that, chili is not a hotdog or a hamburger, to my knowledge.

let's slide right back on track here with some... chili?

or a "deconstructed chili slaw dog" to bring us together with the SLAWD thread:

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Those are some good looking sandwiches :smuggo:

I mean, the deconstructed dawg looks dumb as hell, but would absolutely crush that thing

there's more condiments than dog there. hell if i'm being honest, it could use a fistful of loose corn.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

is that blue thing cheese or some kind of condiment? looks like a skating rink/bowling alley kinda burger.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Aardvark! posted:

some day im going to go down to Brazil and eat weird rear end burgs and pizza and maybe even find a future ex wife to disappoint :q:

having made this same journey (well, ex-fiance), i fully support your endeavors. i know they look crazy but i love me some .br burgs.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

why is it so devoid of color?

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

What kind of Brazil burgs you think Bolsonaro goes for when he gets his chow on?

whatever it is, it's probably seasoned with the tears of his countrymen. foda-se bosolixo :argh:

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Love toppings that are themselves comprised of so many disparate ingredients I can't even discern what I'm tasting

i had the pig balls thread open in another tab and i thought this was that tread for a moment. pig ball toppings... what a thing.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Big Beef City posted:

the main option is "Would you like a deep fried cheese curd bun cheese burger bacon burger dipped in peanut butter and slathered in ranch??"

ftfy. you must be new to the whole burg train, yeah?

PS - corn.

EDIT: while we're on the topic, thinking of hot peanut butter just makes my stomach churn... i don't know why i think it'd be any different than room temp pb.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

the peanut sauce comment makes more sense. i do like peanut sauce on noodles and such. maybe it'd work out yeah.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

i do like peanut butter and hamburger dill pickle chips on pumpernickel bread. i guess all i need is a patty to make that a burg but i don't heat it up.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Where’s the loose corn?

they scooped it out of the loose stool they smeared on that vinyl before topping it with various candies. they save it so they can put it on the burgers.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Have a palette cleanser, thread. Although someone will probably hate this.

Mexican fruit cups.

what do they pour on top of the fruit? some kinda chili limon type thing or is it tamarind? i badly want to try these. there's a couple of these fruit cup joints in my region and they look really good.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

part of me is angry, part of me wants to try it.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

The spaghetti noodles are a bit much imho

yeah it's basically a chicago dog hold the celery salt, add cheese+spaghetti+fruitloops.

Mozi posted:

but... why?

cholesterol? america? porque no los dos?

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Come the gently caress on

yeah i audibly said "why is the sauce on the outside?" and there's nobody in the room with me. :(

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

i was distracted by the sauce. what are the actual contents? is that like pate and corn? peanut butter and corn? liverwurst (and corn)?

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

pq sushi, velho? It'll all get soggy.

:negative:

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

goonspeed! post the results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

is this like some kinda regional thing? the 'ol jizzum dog of pantanal or is it drunk chow?