Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

One day as a student my friend and I decided to BBQ. I bought some meats and side dishes and so on, he bought one package of frozen ground beef. He then proceded to put the frozen square of ground beef in a pan (he remembered he had no BBQ at that point) and fried it until dark brown on both sides on high heat, with no salt or other spices. This resulted in a burned on the outside, yet still frozen on the inside crumbling mess of meat that he put into a soft piece of hamburger bread and took one bite of before asking me for some of my food. That was the worst hamburger I ever saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Valko posted:

Honestly, a fish finger sandwich is pretty drat good if you use the right ingredients; crisp lettuce, tartare sauce, sliced pickle or cucumber. I don't know why anyone thought guacamole or cheddar cheese was a good idea.

This looks exactly like something me and my gf would make tbh, I would eat that in a heartbeat.

While on the topic let me show you guys the Papapleto, the vegetarian version of the chilean national hot dog the completo.

It's fries, quacamole, chopped tomatoes and a shitload of mayo all together in a hot dog bun. It is absolutely delicious and we make them often. The original is the same but with a normaler sausage.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

For every non-American that says “Hurf derf American food is trash for the garbage eaten by fat garbage people”, gently caress you because at least here in America we occasionally say “You know, hold up. This doesn’t need mayonnaise on it.” Which is apparently something the rest of the world finds it impossible to do.

Hm yes, obviously it's once again the entire rest of the world that is wrong and not the US, like always.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

So as we euros only have a few of your popular fastfood chains, which ones are the actual worst?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Aardvark! posted:

KFC/AW rootbeer combo restaurant is the literal #1 worst

I hear KFC often which suprises me as here in germany while it's not concidered anything special, it's definitly not bad. Burger King suprises me too, I tend to like it, though now that I live in a city with actual good burger places I don't go anymore.

Is 5 guys good? They opened up in europe a while ago and they've been on my goto list.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Alright, I'll check it out soon! I wonder if they do the pile of fries here too, also they might be better since they're gonna be using local potaters.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Ziv Zulander posted:

Once you get down there it gets hard to eat the burg, and you end up needing to take it out of the plastic thing to finish it. Plus it’s annoying to clean because of the grooves in it, and you look like a ding dong when you’re eating. If you’re really concerned about keeping your hands clean, hold your burg with a napkin

toothpicks are a simple and elegant solution to falling apart burgers.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

DrManiac posted:

In the before times I tried a bacon cheeseburger with peanut butter and it was actually pretty legit.

There's a sudanese fastfood place around here that sells bread filled with chicken, falafel, haloumi and a big amount of peanut sauce. It's absolutely delishious, peanut butter and sauce are amazing with a lot of stuff, as long as you use non natural versions without sugar.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Dear Watson posted:

I have to comment again on more Chilean dogs because I’d totally be on board without that mayo. Especially with a good red sauce.

I love oily avocado, but I definitely don’t want a cup of mayo on top of that.

Don't be afraid of the mayo. Mayo elevates everything. It is the glue that holds flavor together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

This seems like it has a charming sounding British name. Pork coin ina purse or spammy witch. Bacon cake.