Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

bagual posted:

avocado hot dog, very popular in Chile and legitimately delicious, looks extremely offensive though lmao

A true Chilean hot dog is called a "completo" and has a huge line of diced tomatoes (fine, whatever), a huge line of avocado (okay I guess but there is a LOT of it) and then a MASSIVE log of mayonnaise squeezed directly out of one of those mayo bags they prefer in those countries.

It's definitely not awful but just looking at that mayo log makes me feel a bit ill

Some of the slightly less intimidating ones still look loving disgusting:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I don’t think that’s mayo...

The consistency looks more like sour cream.

Still loving gross.

In some places mayo is a lot whiter and can have different consistencies as well

Seriously though I still hope it's that and not sour cream, for FUCKS SAKE

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Just put some starch on top of some starch, wrap it all in starch with a starch garnish to taste, tia

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Most of the burger is hidden by that obscene cheese lake but I have a feeling that's a mercy. Like the black bars censoring a murder victim's body

Play
Apr 25, 2006

those reconstituted mystery meat discs look PRETTY tasty tho

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Not sure about the peanut butter but I'd eat the gently caress out of that, I'm wild for pickles

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Is that a... bacon and spaghetti sandwich? What are those things

Play
Apr 25, 2006

sarujin_nz posted:

I don't have any pictures, but the $3 pricing actually isn't that bad here (it isn't good, it just isn't bad). A McDonalds hamburger is generally $3.90 I think, sometimes specials down to $2. At Hungry Jacks / Burger King a Whopper by itself is $7ish depending on State / regional pricing. Generally I find I'm paying $11 to $15 for a combo meal at Macca's or Hungry Jacks.

We do also get this burger at HJs as well, A quality chip, bacon and mayonnaise burger.

Okay what literal insane person thinks potatoes go well with bread

Play
Apr 25, 2006

sarujin_nz posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisp_sandwich & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_butty both great options.

Bread, chips (the crisp type) and vegemite. Potato is excellent with bread.

Sure, carbs on carbs and grain on grain. Not to mention a similar texture throughout. Just a big, soft, sweaty mass of carbs.

To me that's disgusting. The best part of a sandwich (or burger) is the meat and veggies, period.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

It's from a recipe site. The title is "a slightly different hamburger" liver patty on toast

That is so Finnish it hurts

Play
Apr 25, 2006

AcidCat posted:

Don't get me started on this. I moved from So Cal up to the Pacific Northwest and every place up here wants to fill your burrito with rice (and beans). Order a carne asada burrito, it's gonna be at least half filled with rice and beans. It's just cheap filler and it has no place inside a proper burrito.

my people :hfive:

Burritos should be meat, beans, pico, cilantro. With possible additions of cabbage/greens, avo, and sour cream if you're a real freak. My favorite burrito ever had the default as carne asada, black beans, cabbage, pico, and cilantro. Then you add salsa roja before each series of bites

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Super Waffle posted:

I've never had a burrito without rice, the hell is wrong with you people

We are discerning consumers with superior tasting abilities and a respect for tradition.

Rice is a garbage filler meant to convince you that you are getting your money's worth from a burrito and again, results in carbs on carbs with the tortilla and the rice. It's not how burritos were meant to be and it just doesn't taste as good as a more pure and focused burrito

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mushika posted:

Yeah, the fear of "loose corn" is a weird goon thing, I'm pretty sure. It's fine.

e: I've had "loose corn" on plenty of things I didn't expect traveling around and it's usually fine. And why is it always designated as "loose" corn? Would it be better if it were still on the cob somehow?

yes because then it would be corn on the cob which is good

This is kind like asking 'why don't you like chocolate on your hamburger?? I've seen you eat chocolate bars!!' :hurr: Some things just don't go together