Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I’ve been working my way through a lot of Scorsese’s stuff that I hadn’t seen previously over the last year or so. I was surprised at how much I liked The Age of Innocence, which seems at first to be outside Marty’s wheelhouse, but it’s a Scorsese movie through and through. Also, the Criterion release of his short films is great. Italianamerican is delightful and American Boy is a hell of a ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Spatulater bro! posted:

The only Scorsese movie I've felt "meh" about is The Color of Money. Everything else has been at worst great.

Boxcar Bertha is the weakest of his that I’ve seen but he was making that for Roger Corman so I get it. Weakest “established” Scorsese for me is probably Bringing Out the Dead, though I should probably give it another chance at some point.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I think Leo is pretty good in The Aviator and The Departed and The Wolf of Wall Street. Not so much in The Gangs of New York.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Me when Jack Nicholson is on screen in The Departed:

Not Scorsese related but a great chaotic Nicholson performance is The Witches of Eastwick.