Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
RIHO VS DEEB 89 75.42%
FTR VS SYDALS 2 1.69%
BUCKS VS PNP 10 8.47%
MOXFENIXARCHER VS EDDIEBUTCHBLADE 17 14.41%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

RealFoxy posted:

The most exciting thing about Big Show jumping to AEW is we'll never have to hear "wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeell" anymore

Tony will buy the eternal rights to "Shout" by Lulu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

No one here has had a positive thing to say about the big show for literal years why would him being in AEW probably making way too much to be bad at commentary make anyone excited. AEW doesn’t make bad wrestlers and personalities good just by not being WWE, look at Hager, or lame rear end Cardona who is thankfully gone. The giant isn’t good at anything.

Big Show is bad at wrestling. But he's very good at talking and is very funny and charming. Which is why it's great that he's signed on as a commentator, who will most likely very rarely actually wrestle.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

Didn’t like Big Show in WCW, WWE, or anywhere. He sucks and it’s a waste of money, I wish they’d sign no more WWE cast offs unless it’s someone younger than 40 or from their women’s divisions, for god’s sake.

Stop calling people WWE castoffs, its Vincel brainworm thinking.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

No one here has had a positive thing to say about Taz for literal years why would him being in AEW probably making way too much to be bad at commentary make anyone excited. AEW doesn’t make bad wrestlers and personalities good just by not being WWE, look at Hager, or lame rear end Colin Delaney who is thankfully gone. Taz isn’t good at anything.

Look how you sound

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

No one here has had a positive thing to say about the big show for literal years why would him being in AEW probably making way too much to be bad at commentary make anyone excited. AEW doesn’t make bad wrestlers and personalities good just by not being WWE, look at Hager, or lame rear end Cardona who is thankfully gone. The giant isn’t good at anything.

sir this is just an outright lie. please go read my post history in the WWE threads

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MJeff posted:

We should celebrate anyone who gets the gently caress out of that hell company.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I hope when he is announced, AEW calls him a rookie and doesn’t even acknowledge that he was in WWE for a long time.

Ya know, like what WWE is doing with their signees where they can’t even mention Impact anymore since they work with AEW. Taya Valkyrie just signed and their write-up only mentions her AAA experience.

Eli Drake only his NWA experience.

Announce Paul as a rookie to wrestling who has starred in The Waterboy and Jingle All the Way.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Guillermus posted:

THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOUR POST AT SACRIFICE

That's a straight LOL from me between the OP and your response, fam.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Guillermus posted:

WEEEEEELLLLLL... IT'S A BAD POOOST

WELL IT'S A BIG BAAAAAD POST TONIIIIIGHT

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

I say positive things about him fairly often. He's one of the few people to get good matches out of The Undertaker.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

And honestly he’s not that bad at wrestling if he only does it like four times a year. Just have him be the commentator who could feasibly kick your rear end and occasionally does.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Eat My Fuc posted:

AEW doesn’t make bad wrestlers and personalities good just by not being WWE

This is 100% exactly what happened to Taz and Tay

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

big show in wwe is that giant in dark souls 3 that's asleep with his head in his hands on a ledge but he's standing in a poo poo sewer with rats and diarrhea all over his feet.

big show in aew says: talk, 'tis no good. no one home. everyone gone. but you, friend. you talk, i no talk, but happy.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Wait are they announcing a Monday show?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Man Lulu could really belt it out

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

RealFoxy posted:

The most exciting thing about Big Show jumping to AEW is we'll never have to hear "wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeell" anymore

This is actually the least exciting and worst part of all of this

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Big Show basically going the Gorilla Monsoon route, it's pretty cool

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

This is actually the least exciting and worst part of all of this

for real

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

magiccarpet posted:

Wait are they announcing a Monday show?

Its the Big Show Show. Not that one

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

He's got good natural comedic talent when unscripted and has a charming personality. He'll do well on commentary.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lumbermouth posted:

And honestly he’s not that bad at wrestling if he only does it like four times a year. Just have him be the commentator who could feasibly kick your rear end and occasionally does.

Every AEW commentator could kick my rear end

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Royal Updog posted:

Its the Big Show Show. Not that one

Rats, I got real excited about AEW Monday Night Turbo

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Co-sign. That theme music may have been objectively bad, but it's 100% more memorable than almost any of the other Attitude era songs.

"You think you know it (but you don't)"

Well, 95% more memorable...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

your friend wicka posted:

Every AEW commentator could kick my rear end

Pretty confident I could take JR and Tony.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Minidust posted:

Big Show basically going the Gorilla Monsoon route, it's pretty cool

If they did this with him that would be cool as hell. The Vader/Gorilla angle could get a monster heel over pretty well too, if they did it.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i have faith that there will still be a "weeeeeeeell" in his new music. aew wouldn't do me like that

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Vince MechMahon posted:

Pretty confident I could take JR and Tony.

You can take down JR, but Tony would shriek and Dr Britt Baker would come to his rescue and beat u up

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

big show in wwe is that giant in dark souls 3 that's asleep with his head in his hands on a ledge but he's standing in a poo poo sewer with rats and diarrhea all over his feet.

big show in aew says: talk, 'tis no good. no one home. everyone gone. but you, friend. you talk, i no talk, but happy.

Dark Souls 1 giant blacksmith, dead in Dark Souls 3... Thanks for reminding me that :saddowns:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

AEW has proven to me time and time again that they know how to handle the talent coming in to their roster. if I woke up tomorrow to see "Jinder Mahal Raj Singh is ALL ELITE," I'd have some questions but mostly I'd think they had an idea for him and a purpose for bringing him in and to wait and see how that goes

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

Didn’t like Big Show in WCW, WWE, or anywhere. He sucks and it’s a waste of money, I wish they’d sign no more WWE cast offs unless it’s someone younger than 40 or from their women’s divisions, for god’s sake.

Big Show esque heel turn here

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Guillermus posted:

Dark Souls 1 giant blacksmith, dead in Dark Souls 3... Thanks for reminding me that :saddowns:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Tall Paul's commentator catchphrase will be "WEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...come to AEW Elevation." Just noticed that the show name is a punning reference to his significant height, also.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Taz has been rehabilitated from "Possibly the worst commentator in TNA" to "Amazing commentator and heel manager" thanks to the power of AEW.

Next year we'll all be talking about how Tall Paul's stable of cruiserweights are the hottest thing in AEW.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Minidust posted:

Is "The Giant" vague enough to not be trademarked, or does WWE own that?

Anyways speaking of Dark, I had been thinking about the AEW style of enhancement matches. They tend to have a lot of back-and-forth action, way moreso than a typical squash. In theory this could make a "name" talent look worse. But then the name talent tends to win with a random-rear end move, so it balances out. It's a novel approach to establishing a clear power heirarchy while still having dynamic matches. And then of course you can still have a genuine squash here and there without getting monotonous. Just another refreshing little thing that you'd never see in the WWE house style!

I like this style because it keeps the talent pool fresh. Plus AEW is new so we can still get guys coming from Dark to Dynamite. Like Five or Will Hobbs. They had competitive matches where they looked good, people wanted to see more, they came off the jobber list. Sure there are some times you need to just squash guys. Like Jurassic Express or Brian Cage did on this week's Dark. But sometimes it's nice to see a back and forth even if the end result isn't in question.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

John Dudebro posted:

i have faith that there will still be a "weeeeeeeell" in his new music. aew wouldn't do me like that

Maybe they'll make it a PAAAAAAUUUUUULLLLLLLL to avoid any headaches from WWE complaining about using a WEEEEEELLLLLLLL

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the big show rules and i'm glad to see him in AEW because captain insano shows no mercy

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Cavauro posted:

would this mean that Brock Lesnar is yhorm

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
people absolutely said good things about the big show, it's just that it was always with the sense of 'his career got pretty wasted and there's no chance he'll get used well ever again given how old he's gotten.' nobody thought he was a lovely person or didn't have things he could do well

if anything people just got really tired at him getting brought out to never have a real storyline other than turning on people for no good reason, because they never wanted to ever do anything with him more than that

him coming to AEW to commentate is a great move for him (and a great pick to flesh out the commentary booths), and him being a Real Big Fucker on the roster is a nice thing to have in the back pocket, plus he still probably would want to do that match vs Shaq that they both had been talking about for ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna call the new show AEW: Dark Elves