Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I finally picked this up and Holy crap, it's way more of a sequel than I thought. It's so much better than the other musou crossover games, which is saying a lot because Dragon Quest Warriors was fantastic

Sophia is awesome and my friend :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I was watching someone play Monster Hunter Rise last night, they were playing with English voices and their hunter's voice sounded awfully familiar. So I looked it up and yeah, the woman who voiced Sophia in this game also did one of the hunter voices in Rise. That's pretty cool.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was watching someone play Monster Hunter Rise last night, they were playing with English voices and their hunter's voice sounded awfully familiar. So I looked it up and yeah, the woman who voiced Sophia in this game also did one of the hunter voices in Rise. That's pretty cool.

I know her as Towa from the Trails series. She's very good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BearDrivingTruck posted:

How did I not notice that

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Joker's Kitchen, New Game+ Edition
wherein I revisit some of the key recipes of the game:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Previously on Persona 5 Strikers:

New Game+ attempt:

Apparently Okinawa soba doesn't use "buckwheat soba" but they have a special governmental exemption to keep calling it soba. Instead they use flat udon noodles, which is exactly what I was able to get lol. Subbed shrimp for fishcake like last time, replaced the braised pork belly with sweet Italian sausage (this was good), the thin chicken broth with dashi was the right lightness for this

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My "New Game +" recipe run continues with revisiting Sapporo ramen, which is miso-based.

Getting closer, the additions this time: sauteed corn topping, daikon sprouts, and the traditional pat of butter for artery-clogging richness. Kimchi for the red, parsley and cilantro for the green (I have somehow almost used up the two big bunches I bought a while ago lol)

I hadn't thought much of corn as a topping (even though I know there's usually a couple of kernels in Cup Noodles) but it is really nice when slurping up the soup, the mouthfeel (along with the butter which always improves it lol) was excellent

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

(minor curry-related spoilers)

The LeBlanc Curry recipe is a solid one. It doesn't have potato though -- putting that in adds starch to make it rich and thick; I basically went until all the onion and most of the potato had completely dissolved. Because of that I also left the carrots as chunks to sit alongside the beef. The flourish of chocolate and coffee in the reduction works extremely well. Rice was garnished with daikon sprouts, chives, and scallion greens. Paired with this Dorcha Extra Stout which I got because it had coffee beans on the can lol... also I am going to be eating this curry all weekend

Man, I have loved my time with this game. Even beyond how it just hits home so hard personally (something about reconnecting with old friends and being able to go around and hang out in new places and eat new food...) the gameplay and story is just so solid here. Easily going to make my GOTY list for sure

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Spoilers through 8/17:

this game is so good. The interplay between the Phantom Thieves is so much fun, P5R doesn’t give a whole lot of time for the whole gang to interact without world-ending chaos surrounding them but just driving around the country in an RV and eating delicious food is just like a dream, I almost don’t need the game parts (although they are fun as well). Do kinda wish that your romances could transfer over from the first game, having to go through Makoto’s “I’ve never been in a relationship and I’m missing out” again is kinda boring. (But also I’m not gonna romance anyone else because Makoto and Joker are perfect together)

Now that I’m getting to know Zenkichi I think he adds a nice energy, he really does care but like so many of the adults in P5/R he’s been beaten down by the world has he’s grown up and learned the realities of life. Him and Makoto’s conversation about being a cop is interesting because Makoto has always had an idealized vision of what the police are and still believes that it can become that way “again” because her dad died when she was too young to actually talk to her dad about the realities of doing the job.

It’s good that she was able to help out Akane though. The conversation the two of them have at the kitchen table is really sweet, going through something like the death of a parent is tough and doing so without any friends helping you must be so isolating. All of the Phantom Thief girls seem to relish getting to be an older sister for a second. And the reveal of her Phantom Thief fandom is the funniest thing so far in the game, everyone having to keep their feelings under wraps and just play along like they weren’t the actual Phantom Thieves. I can’t wait to see where that plot point goes. I know Akane isn’t gonna become a Phantom Thief but I hope she gets to figure it out, it’s not like anyone on that team is good at keeping secrets for very long.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm on the, uh... 6th Jail? And the difficulty seems to have shot way up compared to the 5th Jail.

I'm spending a lot more SP in fights than usual.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

So after saying I wasn't sure if I was going to bother with Merciless, I've now fully completed the game on Merciless. The final boss is legitimately difficult on Merciless, yeah it's just because they have jacked stats but it still makes the final fight seem like an ordeal. And the final superboss, holy poo poo that fight is loving insane on Merciless. Boy it sure is fun to have to fight four bosses at once!

So final bits on mechanics and such. First of all, there actually is new armor in Merciless, the requests at the end of the game give you two or three, and Jail 6's boss drops one as a reward. It's not all that much stronger than what you get at endgame in normal difficulty but hey every bit helps. It kinda sucks that Joker doesn't get his NG+ weapon until the very end either (it's the reward for Painful Past+ on the final boss, which after that all there is to do is the superboss).

The reward for the superboss on NG+ is the Omnipotent Orb, which nullifies all damage except Almighty on whoever equips it. Which is nice, but of course there's nothing left to do at that point unless you want to grind everyone's Personas to all 99 for no real reason (there isn't even a trophy for that), or if you want to do yet another NG+ from the Merciless file. Which I sure don't, and I mean it this time. :v: You also get 75 Magic Incense from the superboss which is nice.

Joker managed to completely max out Lucifer and Alice, and I also maxed out Ryuji and Morgana. Everyone else had at least one stat at 99 Morgana seemed the easiest to max out for some reason. I don't know if his base stats at 99 are just that good, because it's not like I purposely set out to max him, it just happened.

One minor complaint I have is that one of the first things I did on Merciless was get Joker 999 SP. Honestly, magic is ridiculously overpowered in this game. There's practically no reason to ever use your regular attacks on bosses, just spam the poo poo out of magic since it tears shields apart much faster than you could possibly do it through regular attacks, which gets you more All Out Attacks and thus more damage. I know magic is limited by SP and that's supposed to be the drawback is you're burning through resources for that extra damage, but when you have 999 SP, Spell Master which halves MP cost, the Grand Crystal which gives a chance for skills to cost 0 HP/SP, and enough Crab Hot Pot and Kyoto Curry to feed an entire army, there ain't much of a drawback lemme tell you.

I've said it once, I'll say it again though. This was a fantastic game. And now I do kind of want to play Persona 5. It would be nice if it came to Switch, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen which is a shame.

DC Murderverse posted:

(But also I’m not gonna romance anyone else because Makoto and Joker are perfect together)

Sorry, too bad, Ichinose is totally gonna take Sophia to the Kirijo Group and have them build a robot body to download her into and then her and Joker will be together at last because they are perfect together.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ehh, I very much read Sophia in the 'little sister' role, similar to Futaba. Not to mention that considering Sophia is supposed to take a form based on who activated her... yeah there's some potential real creepy implications there.

I definitely do recommend Persona 5 (Royal), but your best bet might be to wait for a PC release. We'd have a better chance of P4G getting ported to the Switch.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ehh, I very much read Sophia in the 'little sister' role, similar to Futaba.

Hmm, so what does that mean if I ship Futaba/Sophia... :thunkher:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Oh one last thing I forgot to mention is that it kinda sucks that the Omnipotent Orb essentially makes the effects of Joker's ultimate weapon pointless, since its effects are reduce bless/curse damage. If you're already nullifying everything except Almighty, that's pretty useless, he's the only one who doesn't have at least one stat boost on his weapon which sucks.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Not to mention that considering Sophia is supposed to take a form based on who activated her...

I'm not sure where you're getting that from (spoilers about Sophia's origin) it's impossible to say if Sophia had an appearance when Ichinose programmed her, while obviously the game is going to put her character portrait next to her lines in that scene, she was just an AI and I don't know if Ichinose wold give her an appearance. However, she did immediately recognize Sophia when the PTs showed her in Sendai. That could just be based on the voice since Sophia did obviously have a voice, but if she didn't have an appearance then I feel like Ichinose would have been more confused or curious than shocked. Like "Could this really be Sophia?" or "Maybe it's just a coincidence," but the fact that she immediately went "Yep that's Sophia" kind of implies that maybe Ichinose did program her to look like that.

I know that there was the "What would you like me to become?" line in the cutscene where Joker activated Sophia, but that was in the flashback too, with Ichinose answering "Become humanity's companion," it's more of a question of "What's my directive?" than "What do you want me to look like?"

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The wiki says that 'Her appearance is based on what whoever activates it wants her to become. ', but of course, wiki being wiki and it could be unsubstantiated.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yeah that seems based on nothing since she was only activated twice, and the second time it wasn't based on what Joker wanted because Joker didn't know what was going on. Hell if anything it'd be based on what EMMA wanted since EMMA was the one who told her to become humanity's companion, or at least that's who I assume the voice she heard was, since Sophia is directly tuned to EMMA and hears EMMA talk to her in her head quite a few times.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

A tip for anyone else who ran into the same issue - the "make it to location without increasing security level" requests can be easily done if you just shoot any risky enemies with your gun. At first I thought that the only way you could fight enemies without increasing security level was to ambush them, leading to some frustration for the Shinjuku one.

edit: Is it just me or are Charge/Concentrate not very good in this? It seems like the only thing they might be useful for is casting the top-level magics, since prior to that magic costs roughly the same amount of SP as Concentrate/Charge. In the original games they were a bigger deal because of things being turn-based.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There are certain Personas that can use Charge/Concentrate as one of their base skills, which means they're a free part of Joker's moveset, but I never really experimented with those moves in this game, no.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Finally scored a copy of this at half price, really enjoying the first jail so far and not really worrying about bonding points of previous games

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Ytlaya posted:

A tip for anyone else who ran into the same issue - the "make it to location without increasing security level" requests can be easily done if you just shoot any risky enemies with your gun. At first I thought that the only way you could fight enemies without increasing security level was to ambush them, leading to some frustration for the Shinjuku one.

edit: Is it just me or are Charge/Concentrate not very good in this? It seems like the only thing they might be useful for is casting the top-level magics, since prior to that magic costs roughly the same amount of SP as Concentrate/Charge. In the original games they were a bigger deal because of things being turn-based.

Some of those quests are still pretty annoying on merciless, since the jail's security will go up immediately if an enemy notices you instead of only if they start the fight before you shoot them. E.g. in Sapporo you need to watch the dots on the minimap to know when it's safe to move/slide to the next roof.

To make things worse I'm pretty sure charge/concentrate stack additively instead of multiplicatively with weaknesses and technicals. So just casting the spell twice will often do more damage. Alice gets concentrate in her combos though, so that's nice for saving sp. i don't think anyone gets free charge, but I still used it a lot just because I had a persona with charge next to Yoshitsune and my only healing was Salvation on Metatron several more button presses away.

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013

Staltran posted:

Some of those quests are still pretty annoying on merciless, since the jail's security will go up immediately if an enemy notices you instead of only if they start the fight before you shoot them. E.g. in Sapporo you need to watch the dots on the minimap to know when it's safe to move/slide to the next roof.

To make things worse I'm pretty sure charge/concentrate stack additively instead of multiplicatively with weaknesses and technicals. So just casting the spell twice will often do more damage. Alice gets concentrate in her combos though, so that's nice for saving sp. i don't think anyone gets free charge, but I still used it a lot just because I had a persona with charge next to Yoshitsune and my only healing was Salvation on Metatron several more button presses away.

Mara has Charge at the end of his 5 attack + special combo. So it's gettable free, but there's getting that combo off mid-fight. Still not bad, I'm just not sure it's enough better than Concentrate to warrant slowing down using it free by that much.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ann appreciates Concentrate to save some SP on Blazing Hell. Ryuji appreciates Charge since it eats into SP rather than HP, and he usually has SP to spare.

There are times when you may want to have Ryuji use God's Hand/Agneyestra twice instead to squeeze in a second Technical before Freeze/Shock goes away, but otherwise it's generally safe for those two to power up first.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It took me until the 6th dungeon to finally start using Shock/Freeze into Phys/Gun technicals and drat did that make the game so much easier. To the point where the boss was easier to beat than the harder mob fights.

Still don't really use ailments yet though.

Are there any tips to using Makoto and Sophie and Wolf? Most characters seem pretty no-brainer (especially Phys damage dealers like Ryuji and Yusuke), but I feel like I'm not really feeling certain characters that well.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Makoto's unfortunately just kinda bad, since her combos lack range and don't have Morgana's speed or Ryuji's durability. If you're just trying to level her up for her Mastery Arts, probably just use lots of Technicals with her by burning an enemy and then spamming her Nuclear skills. She's ultimately worse than Morgana at it though, since he gets Technical Adept.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Just a note: the free Charge/Concentrate from regular attack combos (as well as free stat buff/debuff skills like Debilitate from Metatron and Masukukaja from Goemon) are weaker than if you cast them as actual spells. I was using Alice's free Concentrate for a while until I noticed it wasn't making my skills that much more powerful. It seems like maybe a 1.3 or 1.4x boost to a spell, rather than the 2x from casting it. They're certainly not useless and they're nice for a small boost, just keep in mind you won't get as much power from them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Are there any tips to using Makoto and Sophie and Wolf? Most characters seem pretty no-brainer (especially Phys damage dealers like Ryuji and Yusuke), but I feel like I'm not really feeling certain characters that well.

Sophia is built to put out a bunch of magic damage since she gets Bless Boost and Amp in her skill list, and of course she does the healing thing, although she's technically inferior to Morgana since he gets Salvation and Sophia just has Mediarahan. She gets Angelic Grace which boosts her evasion against magic, which is handy. Her gun can be charged like Joker's/Ryuji's can and if you have her Master Art she'll also create a gravity ball that slows down enemies. Remember you can use her C1 or hit the attack button at the right time when she finishes a combo to give her Perfect Catch which boosts the power/range of her attacks.

Sophia's just a mage/healer. Her physicals aren't particularly impressive, you're bringing her because the enemy has a weakness to Bless and she's spamming spells, or the enemy uses lightning attacks so Morgana isn't safe to use as a healer.

Every Warden is weak to bless, so she's always a good choice to bring to those fights since she can shred shields and force One More attacks.

As far as Wolf goes he has pretty high strength and Fury boosts his damage even more, and one of his Master Arts increases his crit rate during Fury too. You just have to be careful he doesn't kill himself with it. Ultimately though he's a great support since he gets Heat Riser/Debilitate/Dekaja/Tetraja. He always had a spot in boss fights for me due to Debilitate alone. He also has no weaknesses (or resistances) so he's always a pretty solid choice due to that as well. He gets Agneyestra which is pretty great, he also gets Megidolaon which is...not great. It's powerful Almighty damage, sure, but his magic is on the low side so I ended up dropping it. Besides, one of his Master Arts makes his physicals into Almighty damage as long as he has Fury up. He also gets Firm Stance which halves his damage at the cost of making him unable to auto-evade, it's a nice option although I prefer the evasion personally.

Not getting Charge means despite his high strength he's not going to be as good as physicals as Ryuji, but you're bringing him because he can shut down enemies with Debilitate and Dekaja, can use Heat Riser to immediately bring a resurrected character back up to full fighting potential, never has to worry about being weak to what an enemy can do, and always has Almighty damage to ensure he's never stonewalled against certain enemies (Ryuji is usually a great option but when you're facing down Thor, he's useless).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, thanks for the tips.

I'm still on the 7th dungeon so I don't have endgame skills, but Wolf only has his Almighty and Gun skills at the moment, and I don't use debuffs that much (also he hasn't learned Debilitate yet for me, I think), so I've been having issues playing with him. I use weakness spam or Technical Phys/Gun to handle most stuff, and he seems to get knocked out of his combos more easily than Haru or Ryuji, so it's hard to get him to stick to an enemy/boss. I guess I can get more mileage out of him later or in a NG+.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yeah he doesn't get Debilitate until level 68, but you should reach that by the final Jails at least if you do all the requests and Dire Shadows and such.

He's decent enough at guns since he has Gun Boost when you get him, he doesn't get Gun Amp though so Haru surpasses him at that when she gets it (at level 67), also she'll probably have One-Shot Kill when you get him whereas he doesn't get it until 65.

But yeah, that's why he's mostly a support character, he can't hit any weaknesses except gun, and even then he's not quite as good at it as Haru is. So it makes sense you're not really sure what to do with him since Debilitate (the big draw in his kit) doesn't come until later levels, and Agneyestra isn't until level 76.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Sophia and Morgana basically ping-pong for 'best healer' throughout the game. Sophia actually has the lead for a long time, because she learns Boost and Amp extremely quickly (I think she learns Bless Boost in her teens), free Rakunda is very very nice, and even when capping off, Angelic Grace makes her better defensively and endgame stuff is weak to Bless more than Wind. She's very good at pumping out damage due to generally high raw magical stats and the Boost/Amp combo until everyone starts to catch up in terms of skills.

On Merciless NG+ however, Morgana takes the lead. Salvation is a much better heal and he rips through anything that's Burned and not immune to Wind, and he has a physical move if you're extremely desperate. Sophia's dodgier, but that's not really that big of a difference in NG+. Also, access to Debilitate means that Sophia's free Rakunda is no longer that useful.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Sophia and Morgana basically ping-pong for 'best healer' throughout the game. Sophia actually has the lead for a long time, because she learns Boost and Amp extremely quickly (I think she learns Bless Boost in her teens)

Well, Bless Boost doesn't affect heal spells. Divine Grace does though (boosts healing by 50%) and Sophia learns it at level 32, while Morgana doesn't learn it at all. So yeah, Sophia is better at healing for most of the game up until Morgana learns Salvation, which doesn't need Divine Grace (neither does Mediarahan for that matter, so when Sophia learns that you can easily dump Divine Grace).

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
I just picked this up during the Steam fall sale. Does anyone have any tips for a first timer or things you wish you'd known during your first playthrough? Thanks in advance!

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
-if you're looking to hit elemental weaknesses, every party member's charge3 combo (regular attack>regular attack>regular attack>charge attack) casts a weakened version of their element for no SP. except for Haru who casts Psi with her charge2 attack instead.

-switch the active character out every so often at least until you unlock Master Arts for everyone, some of them are very useful (Ryuji has one where holding down charge will make him unstaggerable for a short period, for example)

-you might be too early to have unlocked the Bonds Skills menu, but I'll mention that the Skill that increases healing from items also increases SP recovery from items as well.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The Bond skill that reduces the amount of points needed for other Bond skills seems like a no-brainer obvious choice to rush first, but if you don't care about trophies and aren't going to do a NG+, its value is fairly limited. Even if you max that out first, you're not going to get anywhere near enough points in a single playthrough to get everything, and even if you do a NG+ you'd end up having to grind out points to max everything.

I'm not saying to ignore that skill, because it's useful for sure, but don't feel you need to sink everything into it as soon as possible if you're only playing through once, there's a lot of other skills that are incredibly useful (like the ones that expand Sophia's shop selection) that I'd say would be much more useful.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Sophie and Ann can be valuable to main early on since they can unlock Rakunda and Tarunda as part of their combos, saving you a lot of SP with those useful skills.

Technical combos can be extremely handy to break through an enemy's shields if you're still trying to figure out their weakness. Using Ann to Burn followed by Morgana or Joker to capitalize on Wind is a solid option since it won't dispel Burn (unlike most technical combos).

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

One more note about Bond skills. It should be pretty obvious but just in case: do not spend your points on the skills that raise stats. You get 1 point per level (3 for HP/SP) but again, unless you plan on maxing out every Bond for a trophy, they are a waste of points compared to other effects that are much more useful. Even if you want the trophy, save them for the very last skills you upgrade.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

She also voices Hanabi in Scarlet Nexus, and Haru's VA voices Tsugumi.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Ugh I got this game as a free monthly one on ps plus and I loved persona 5. Was really looking forward to having a proper sequel and the plot seems cool, but I just hate the gameplay and I miss all of the slice of life social link stuff - unless that comes later, I'm still in sendai. Is it worth persevering or would that just be an exercise in frustration?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

ThomasPaine posted:

Ugh I got this game as a free monthly one on ps plus and I loved persona 5. Was really looking forward to having a proper sequel and the plot seems cool, but I just hate the gameplay and I miss all of the slice of life social link stuff - unless that comes later, I'm still in sendai. Is it worth persevering or would that just be an exercise in frustration?

I quit pretty early on with the idea that I could always jump back in if I felt like giving it another try, and I don't expect that to ever happen. If you don't like the gameplay of something, you're usually better off just playing something you like more. Watching the story on youtube is always an option if you're bored/interested enough.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I quit pretty early on with the idea that I could always jump back in if I felt like giving it another try, and I don't expect that to ever happen. If you don't like the gameplay of something, you're usually better off just playing something you like more.

Tbh I can get by the fighting stuff if the rest of it is worthwhile. I'm playing persona 4 atm and the dungeon crawling is a slog, but I'm still liking it. I mostly miss the social links and the daft teenage boy simulator aspects, but most of them seem to be gone too. If it's just going to be cutscene - dungeon - cutscene - dungeon I'll probably give it a miss.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It very much doesn't have that in the sense of you deciding what to do but to me the walking about town stuff between dungeons, doing road trip slice of life dialogue filled enough of the quota personally, like essentially the whole game between dungeons felt like extended social link scenes for the entire group which was pretty much good enough for me. If you want it to be time limited, to have discrete social links for the party again or to have little minigames and side stuff (not saying that's unreasonable to want, I just can't really word it differently) then yeah strikers isn't gonna do that unfortunately.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
I think there's literally two situations where you can decide who to take on a 'date' (you can only date Ryuji and Yusuke as a collective however, although the second date is all the girls as well to be fair), and maybe six or so optional scenes you get by doing special item requests, so yeah it doesn't scratch the same kind of itch as the life sim parts of mainline Persona games.

That said the actual event cutscenes and character interaction between the thieves are way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah Strikers is less life sim and more teenage road trip film homage between dungeons because the relationships are already established and don't need to be built from scratch.

The only way to really get back to the whole social link building would be to start over with new characters which means a P6 rather than a P5 sequel.