Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So far gameplay wise the biggest issues for me is that the direction you push on the d-pad to swap characters is always changing, which means that you always have to look to make sure you know how to switch to the character you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

After beating the first area so far it seems like physical skills are way better than magic. It might change later, but the Damage to SP ratio against bosses seems real bad. That SP feels better spent on buffs and healing.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 20, 2021

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Harrow posted:

The two criticisms I recall hearing after the Japanese release were:

- SP feels too punishing, especially given how strongly you're pushed to use it to break shields
- Joker is really overpowered, which is to be expected for a Persona game protagonist but feels kinda bad in an action-RPG where you can switch who you're controlling, because Joker too often is the "right" character to be manually controlling

I'd have been totally fine if Joker just had his original Persona and they changed the purpose of the Velvet Room from fusing new personas to some other form of powering up your characters.