Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

i got an eva tamagotchi from a friend for my last birthday. i raised the magi system and some long nosed thing i can't remember what it is. each time they die the third impact happens and the screen reads "omedetou" until you press a button to get a new egg

lol badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Lets chibi Sachiel die* I’m so hosed up…

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

why didn't you tell us sooner

sorry

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

trying to jack off posted:

ive known that since primary school, its not because i'm smart though, my japanese teacher explained it to the class

oh yeah? did your japanese teacher also explain that the "tchi" part is for uotchi, as in watch? nerd rear end?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had a Tamagotchi that had three creatures with different personalities but one day I dropped it on the ground, and gently caress knows what happened to it, but while it seemed OK at first with no obvious damage they started spawning with each others' personalities and sometimes had bits of each others' limbs and noises like the lab freak creatures in Undertale. It scared me deeply and I never touched a Tamagochi again.

I realise this sounds like some creepypasta thing but I guess it was just some graphics/audio corruption which was enough to freak out a kid because I just knew it wasn't quite right and couldn't tell why lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I had a Star Wars-branded tamagotchi ripoff with R2-D2. I had no idea how to actually take care of it

i had one of the t-rex from jurassic park and i forgot about it and it died

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i remember the digimon tamagotchis, but i only ever saw them after the cartoon came out, which was also after i'd played pokemon. so i assumed digimon was just some lame ripoff trying to cash-in on those crazes.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

mycophobia posted:

i got an eva tamagotchi from a friend for my last birthday. i raised the magi system and some long nosed thing i can't remember what it is. each time they die the third impact happens and the screen reads "omedetou" until you press a button to get a new egg

You Can (Not) oh wait you actually can

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

oh yeah? did your japanese teacher also explain that the "tchi" part is for uotchi, as in watch? nerd rear end?

i dont know, probably. it was like 25 years ago so i just remember her using the egg part as an example to teach us using the latest school trend that was about to get banned

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I had a T-Rex Digimon and I think it was broken. Food and exercise wouldn't fill its meters so it would just slowly get unhappy and then starve to death.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

I had a T-Rex Digimon and I think it was broken. Food and exercise wouldn't fill its meters so it would just slowly get unhappy and then starve to death.

Maybe it saw what food did to you and got scared? :D

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

bees x1000 posted:

judging from the Digimon wiki it seems you neglected to clean up its poo poo

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

oh wait I misremembered, it was a Gigapet, not Digimon. I'm not seeing anywhere talk about it being bugged so it's entirely possible I was just a dumb kid. I did take good care of my Tamagotchi!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

oh wait I misremembered, it was a Gigapet, not Digimon. I'm not seeing anywhere talk about it being bugged so it's entirely possible I was just a dumb kid. I did take good care of my Tamagotchi!

drat, im sorry to hear that dude :(

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

symbolic posted:

judging from the Digimon wiki it seems you neglected to clean up its poo poo

lol

----------------

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

i dont know, probably. it was like 25 years ago so i just remember her using the egg part as an example to teach us using the latest school trend that was about to get banned

Need to understand how smoking hot this teacher was (and Japanese herself, or?) to fully appreciate this story.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

----------------

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

typing in symptoms to the digimon wiki like it's web md

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

typing in symptoms to the digimon wiki like it's web md

the Scrubs where JD says where do you think we are but it's a Radio Shack

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Docmon reassuring me that it's only cyberHIV not full blown DigiAIDS

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

the Scrubs where JD says where do you think we are but it's a Radio Shack

lmfao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

----------------

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/naveed_mohebbi/status/1618774290601758720?s=46&t=maAfPLUmhzdlWQ2z_ciLDw

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Because of Digimon and Tamagochi I also just assumed all Japanese people were obsessed with turds, I guess that part also makes more sense now, but also my assumption wasn't really wrong

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
This isn’t resetera we can admit the Japanese love turds

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol cool

copy
Jul 26, 2007

turds transcends cultural boundaries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cqlgO8OePE&t=18s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU