Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
I just found out that in FF4 (FF2 in the US for awhile but not any more) that you could avoid the trap tiles in the secret dungeons, by casting float on your party. How did i not know this for 20+ years? I dunno. What other stuff have people found out about old games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

I knew the trick ways of beating The End in MGS3 by either killing him early or moving the clock forward. Only found out recently that inputting the Konami code shows you exactly where he is on the map

You can also track his footsteps with the IR goggles

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

how did you get past those dungeons without that? even on easytype, i think the summoner's cave would be pretty loving brutal if you had to heal every square.

Healing spells. Also grinding, and anger

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I've played MGS3 countless times and only found out last year that the snow camo and face paint makes The Pain's bees not attack you. Presumably it's using the same principle as a beekeeper's suit.

what