Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i mash in every game when im grabbed, even if it does nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the bob-omb battlefield theme backwards at 50% speed features part of a confession from miyamoto himself about the ultimate fate on gunpei yokoi and what really happened that night

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Martman posted:

What if you don't take it there either?

youre a fool

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Tato posted:

The Lost Vikings 2 on SNES has a “you suck” mode that gives all your characters extra powers (like shooting fireballs) if you find a way to kill a Viking in the tutorial level, which is harder than it sounds.

:staredog:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the development history of all of remedies games always seem like a convoluted mess until some exec steps in and tells them what the hell theyre need to do to make a playable game lol. alan wake was supposed to be completely open world with in game time that transitions smoothly between day and night and didnt feature the burn out enemies with light mechanic at all

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goferchan posted:

https://obscuritory.com/essay/incredible-boxes-of-hock-wah-yeo/

Not really sure what thread this should go in but this article is cool and shows a really weird prototype design for american PS2 game packaging

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Peter the Gay.

yes?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

the gamecube version of pikmin 1 has a full windows xp port of the game on the disc

what on earth

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i wonder how steve hogarty is appreciating living in 2021

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

DonutKing posted:

Follow up review by the same writer after getting chewed out by EA

this guy kicks so much rear end

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

The Kins posted:

lemmings 2 on the snes has support for the super scope, you can shoot your lemmings and they blow up

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its a reverse duck hunt 2 player mode

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

If you have a surfing pikachu in Pokemon Yellow and use surf then your sprite becomes surfing pikachu.

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

learned about the barrel behaviour from king of kong

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

all the twin galaxy morons insisted on keeping secrets to their strategies to try maintain their high scores so lots of that stuff is poorly documented, but it turned out that was also because they were just cheating or lying and didnt want to get found out

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

If you trade a Kadabra in any Pokemon game, there's no way to stop it from evolving into an Alakazam. Not even with an everstone.

good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKBpgu9XQHI

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Just found out that Thomas Brady is starring as the starting quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in EA’s Madden 2022.

drat really? i havent played that in years so i never noticed

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

theres a sweep kick?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

The only thing I know him to have said about the new game so far was that a enemy circle strafed HIM.

this is insane

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Harold Fjord posted:

Okay but why is it heavy. Is this a pun?

why do you think it's heavy? regular bubbles fall

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i understood it immediately when i was 10 and played the first ff on nesticle. i was born a genius though so its not fair to expect everyone else to meet my standards

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

phoenix downs aren't even in the original final fantasy. name two of nobuo uematu's albums.

maybe it was two, i dont know, it was over 20 years ago and i got bored never finished. the only other time i played a ff game was pirating the ds version of 3 in like 2006 and immediately having my will to play any other games in the series poisoned forever

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

super dodge ball is kickass

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

The Kins posted:

tylerk made a flash game using river city ransom sprites called... river city hacky sack or something, it was basically a slow, floaty game of keepsy-upsy with fragmaster shouting in your ear every 30 seconds

awesome

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

wtf

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

someone please find the button combo for split screen and character select for each player

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

today i found out about the dog in the sky
im seeing nowhere through the eyes of a lie

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

squenix still sell a bunch of their old catalogue https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/games/all-games theres ps2 and ds games there. some guy made a youtube video about the ps1 games so they sold out

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Instead of leaning back all crazy to dodge the bullets he just clips through the roof of the building and vanishes lol

as a gamer, i accept this

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

My brother was obsessed with his tomogatchi and wouldn't let my little sister play with it because he said she would kill it. Eventually my parents made him share it. When handed it to her he placed it in her palm, and before he even took his fingers off it the death music played. The three of us could have died laughing, even though my brother was so pissed off because it was the longest he had ever kept it alive up to that point.

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

speaking of tamagotchi and finding out things about old games i had a tv on at a hotel last year-ish and there was a tamagotchi commercial and the voiceover went very out of its way to pronounce it tama GO tchi and that was the first time i got the name pun. tamago. egg

ive known that since primary school, its not because i'm smart though, my japanese teacher explained it to the class

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

why didn't you tell us sooner

sorry

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

oh yeah? did your japanese teacher also explain that the "tchi" part is for uotchi, as in watch? nerd rear end?

i dont know, probably. it was like 25 years ago so i just remember her using the egg part as an example to teach us using the latest school trend that was about to get banned

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

oh wait I misremembered, it was a Gigapet, not Digimon. I'm not seeing anywhere talk about it being bugged so it's entirely possible I was just a dumb kid. I did take good care of my Tamagotchi!

drat, im sorry to hear that dude :(

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goferchan posted:

Original design doc for MGS2 had a Psycho Mantis Mask item that would let you read characters minds and Kohima said it would help out players who couldn't keep up with the plot. The example had Snake disguised as a marine saying "I'm with the US Marines" and then you'd see his thoughts say "I'm actually Snake."

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Nostradingus posted:

wow that's crazy where did you find that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC8QoRa8y_Q&t=392s