Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i only realized when i replayed mario world recently that when you swallow enemies as yoshi it's the coin sound effect playing with the gulp and you indeed get a coin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Just found out two weeks ago there's a way to manage memory cards on the n64. You have to hold start and then turn on the n64 with a compatible game in the system. Also the memory card manager UI is different for every game

whoa

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

holy poo poo

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

P-Mack posted:

It's still crazy that they tossed the entire gimmick of the game for the sequel.

yeah, disappointing. its a gorgeous game but it doesnt even stack up to the action portions of its predecessor

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

If you touch Bowser on the same frame that you touch the axe in SMB you beat the level but the death animation/sound plays simultaneously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn_xIgxURoA

i used to try to do that all the time

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i dont think so. i believe the life loss happens on the screen transition after you die, which doesnt happen in this case

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

b_d posted:

here's something i justfound out about old games: they suck rear end.

Hello old games.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX8najPmiyc

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

this is hosed up

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i got an eva tamagotchi from a friend for my last birthday. i raised the magi system and some long nosed thing i can't remember what it is. each time they die the third impact happens and the screen reads "omedetou" until you press a button to get a new egg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

goferchan posted:

Original design doc for MGS2 had a Psycho Mantis Mask item that would let you read characters minds and Kohima said it would help out players who couldn't keep up with the plot. The example had Snake disguised as a marine saying "I'm with the US Marines" and then you'd see his thoughts say "I'm actually Snake."

lol