Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i found out the other day that doom has some pretty crazy random damage and I guess I just never realized it when I played as a kid. like getting hit by a revenant rocket in 2 can do 20 damage or 200 and everything inbetween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

after playing souls games religiously for a decade I found out a year or two ago that you could mash buttons to escape grab attacks, even mimics

i thought you were just a loving gonner if anything grabbed you. theres even animations for shoving monsters away

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tato posted:

The Lost Vikings 2 on SNES has a “you suck” mode that gives all your characters extra powers (like shooting fireballs) if you find a way to kill a Viking in the tutorial level, which is harder than it sounds.

lol thats cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you turn the radio off, new vegas has ambient exploration and combat music lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

If Skyrim is so bad why did it get released five times? Checkmate

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Didn’t know this could happen.

lol as a kid I tried to do that so many times

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rodbeard posted:

I had one growing up. It was basically the same as a tomogatchi except with an added shadow boxing mini game and a connector to lock on to other people to fight them. I never knew anyone else who had one to play with though. I think it was a couple years before they even brought Pokemon to the US.

i had one of these. you could battle em with other devices, the final evolution was 1 of 3 monsters. there was a cool t-rex thing that beat everything else, but the odds of getting it were really low. 9/10 times you get a silly looking slug that shoots curly turds at the other mon as its attack lol

on the final evo theyre also on a timer to die and start over, so even if you were super lucky and got greymon you had maybe a day to go pwn everyone at school before it turned into a tombstone

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!