Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Lost Vikings 2 on SNES has a “you suck” mode that gives all your characters extra powers (like shooting fireballs) if you find a way to kill a Viking in the tutorial level, which is harder than it sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

For a very long time I didn’t know that you needed to only have the 3rd level houses to max out populations in Actraiser. Still feel bad killing my people with earthquakes to get rid of the crappy houses.

Recently learned that it’s even more complex and there’s a whole bunch of crap you can do to max out growth even though it’s totally unnecessary. Stuff like never building bridges and building paths in very specific ways.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I didn’t understand there was a timer in Zombies Ate My Neighbors for the tourists turning into werewolves until the re-release.

Also in one level it’s impossible to get there in time - you have to exploit the game’s sprite limit by getting enough enemies to follow you that the tourists can’t transform (because the game can’t handle the 2nd werewolf sprite). The game puts a zombie and a mummy spawn point right by this area to make it easy.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

They made a concept video for "Joe Pencil trapped in the Comix Zone" to show off how the game would work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El55LRmqSOE

A lot of the cool gimmicks from the game are already in the pitch

770e4133fe864efdb5a3d5860573ed6c