Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://obscuritory.com/essay/incredible-boxes-of-hock-wah-yeo/

Not really sure what thread this should go in but this article is cool and shows a really weird prototype design for american PS2 game packaging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

in the SFC/Japanese version of FF6, you can rename all 8 of cyan's swordtech levels. there's even a separate menu for it and everything.

Lol why? That's cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wasn't sure where to post but just saw this old gaming magazine review that made me lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Simply Simon posted:

The poison butterfly set in Dark Souls 2 changes your jump physics

That's a good one. It also poisons any enemy you get close to but this unfortunately includes some NPCs which will immediately go hostile to you lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i'm wrong on which actor it was but lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FlRClpaqEo

Lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

symbolic posted:

imagining an epic episode of Family Feud where Steve Harvey's disbelief morphs into overdramaticf shock when Pjotr turns out to be on the board for "Name a man's name starting with P"

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

You lay your friend out clean with a haymaker and then take his Gameboy to watch it, like a true 90s kid.

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

welcome to imp zone

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Arch Nemesis posted:

This move lets you permanently kill bob-ombs. They only respawn if they actually explode, so on levels with pits, if you can sneak up behind them you can sweep kick them up into the air and off the edge, so they won't respawn. Picking them up starts their timer, but kicking them does not. Very useful if you don't know the location of all the red coins in the first bowser stage or don't want get killed after falling in tick tock clock

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wasn't there some similarly inspired flash dodgeball game exclusively hosted on SomethingAwful back in the day?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The Kins posted:

tylerk made a flash game using river city ransom sprites called... river city hacky sack or something, it was basically a slow, floaty game of keepsy-upsy with fragmaster shouting in your ear every 30 seconds

Yes lol that's the one

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

Fair point, fair point! I think re-watching the Simpsons ep where Mr Burns becomes "good" by starting a recycling plant (which ended up "recycling" sealife into a multi-purpose slurry) may have rubbed off on me too much, today :D

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Original design doc for MGS2 had a Psycho Mantis Mask item that would let you read characters minds and Kohima said it would help out players who couldn't keep up with the plot. The example had Snake disguised as a marine saying "I'm with the US Marines" and then you'd see his thoughts say "I'm actually Snake."

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Here's the document, there's some cool stuff in there. It also was original going to be called MGS III lol (with the Twin Towers being part of the roman numerals)

https://junkerhq.net/MGS2gameplan.pdf

goferchan fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004