Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Nihonniboku posted:

I'd kind of be fine with firing all of Kyle's bully friends and leaving Kyle alone without allies. I'd be happy to see her running away from every scene crying acting like a victim like she always does.
This please. I wan't to see that thinly veiled facade drop in front of the entire world. It's the only thing she cares about. But I think that she would probably just quit and put her bets on that stupid Agency show if she lost her allies. Good ridance. Her "Just be honest!.... Until you say something I don't like.", manhandling and getting into people's personal space schtick is getting very uncomfortable to watch. Imagine Garcelle doing all of the angry rear end, agressive poo poo that Rinna, Erica and Kyle do on the reg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
The good news is, the two best current franchises start up again soon, SLC and Potomac!

Did anyone watch Dubai? I watched about 5 episodes, and just could not get into it. The women were all trying way too hard, and not in a fun way.

And this thread has been pretty dead, so I don't think we talked about Ultimate Girls Trip, either season. I thought UGT was just okay, although I enjoyed Kenya taking Ramona to task for her awful before. It was pretty uneventful otherwise. UGT 2 though, wow. I came out kind of liking all of them, even though for the most part I had disliked all of them by the end of their runs. Well, except Dorinda. She still has absolutely zero self-awareness, and I kind of feel bad for her. She just doesn't get it.

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

I loved UGT2, came out of it fully on Team Brandi. Dorinda weirds me out.

I watched this season of Beverly Hills having never seen any of it before, and these ladies are boring?? I feel like there was a lot of minutiae that I maybe didn't pick up on. But it seemed like there were only a couple of storylines the whole season.

SLC is getting pretty dramatic though. I think the Meredith/Lisa drama lasted about as long as I could stand it, and Heather is revealing a very dark side of herself that I didn't expect.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

emo-ignorance posted:

I loved UGT2, came out of it fully on Team Brandi. Dorinda weirds me out.

I watched this season of Beverly Hills having never seen any of it before, and these ladies are boring?? I feel like there was a lot of minutiae that I maybe didn't pick up on. But it seemed like there were only a couple of storylines the whole season.

SLC is getting pretty dramatic though. I think the Meredith/Lisa drama lasted about as long as I could stand it, and Heather is revealing a very dark side of herself that I didn't expect.

UGT2 was actually pretty fun. I wasn't fans of any of those women going into it, and I'm still not really a fan of any of them, but I liked most of them better. Except Dorinda who has become increasingly delusional.

Classic BH is iconic. Modern BH is absolute garbage. Your assessment was right. It's become like boring Survivor. There is an alliance, and their goal is to boot women they don't like from the show. It's been like this for several years now, and it's incredibly boring. But somehow I think it's still the most viewed franchise. If you were go back and watch old seasons, I would stop watching when Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson join. They changed the franchise for the worse as they're two soap actresses who come in playing a character, know what story they want to tell, and never deviate. It gets even worse when Erika joins, and the show becomes all about glam squads. At this point there's nothing real about any of these ladies, and BH is probably the most inauthentic franchise.

SLC is good, I'm looking forward to the new cast members joining and shaking things up, it's a little bleak with only 5 women fighting like this. I'm actually on Heather's side on this, I believe her that she didn't remember hearing about Lisa sucking dick for Jazz tickets, but I think she massively blew it out of proportion, and I suspect there is something else going on between them that it's become such a big thing between Heather and Whitney have such animosity for each other to apparently keep at it in UGT3 and at Bravocon.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Current season Below Deck Med is a little boring. I hope they get a good chief stew next time. I'd be pretty happy if Kyle never comes back but I've sadly heard that they might be bringing him back as chief. Gross.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Victorkm posted:

Current season Below Deck Med is a little boring. I hope they get a good chief stew next time. I'd be pretty happy if Kyle never comes back but I've sadly heard that they might be bringing him back as chief. Gross.

I enjoyed his storyline with Frank, but he hasn't been as impressive as he seems to think he is. But he's been seen filming a new season with Tumi from Down Under.

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

Nihonniboku posted:

UGT2 was actually pretty fun. I wasn't fans of any of those women going into it, and I'm still not really a fan of any of them, but I liked most of them better. Except Dorinda who has become increasingly delusional.

Classic BH is iconic. Modern BH is absolute garbage. Your assessment was right. It's become like boring Survivor. There is an alliance, and their goal is to boot women they don't like from the show. It's been like this for several years now, and it's incredibly boring. But somehow I think it's still the most viewed franchise. If you were go back and watch old seasons, I would stop watching when Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson join. They changed the franchise for the worse as they're two soap actresses who come in playing a character, know what story they want to tell, and never deviate. It gets even worse when Erika joins, and the show becomes all about glam squads. At this point there's nothing real about any of these ladies, and BH is probably the most inauthentic franchise.

SLC is good, I'm looking forward to the new cast members joining and shaking things up, it's a little bleak with only 5 women fighting like this. I'm actually on Heather's side on this, I believe her that she didn't remember hearing about Lisa sucking dick for Jazz tickets, but I think she massively blew it out of proportion, and I suspect there is something else going on between them that it's become such a big thing between Heather and Whitney have such animosity for each other to apparently keep at it in UGT3 and at Bravocon.

Yeah, I'm on Heather's side as far as the conflict itself goes, but I think it was uncalled for for her to unload on Whitney like that, especially right after she disclosed her childhood abuse. "You've lost me forever"????? Plz, some grace is needed! But that's the thorn in my side when I'm watching Real Housewives -- there's always a little part of me rewriting their fights to be healthier. In a way, SLC is succeeding where BH fails. On BH, the women are so devoted to their alliances that they never ever shift. On SLC, everyone's friendship is basically up for grabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
So, I'm listening to the latest episode of Bitch Sesh, and they have Vanity Fair writer Britt Hennemuth on as guest, and he was saying that he was actually at the Buffalo Room (?) in Aspen where all the drama on BH this season went down. He found himself alone with a staff person in a room, and asked her, "Were you here the night with Kathy HIlton?" And she silently nodded her head. He asked her what happened, and she said none of what Lisa said happened actually happened. She explained that a lot of people come to Aspen and forget about the altitude, and get a little bit more loopy after only a couple of glasses of champagne than they normally would. She said that she wasn't freaking out the way Lisa and Erika described it, she just sat in a chair waiting for their driver. She did say though that of all of those ladies, the rudest person was Lisa Rinna who refused to check her coat, and was yelling at staff all night.