Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

LibbyM posted:

12/10 on my new game plus fast forward mindless playthrough and I have every social link maxed (except the fool, judgement, and aeon obviously). This was with wasting some time still doing things like a few of the linked episodes. So on new game plus there's an exceptionally high number of spare days for social links.

If the game wasn't so slow paced, even on fast forward, I'd be tempted to see if I could get a 100% playthrough without new game plus or a guide. It feels like it'd be pretty doable this time.

that's tighter than you'd think given that like half the remaining time is going to be eaten by breaks and you still have Aigis's whole s. link left. School links are still subject to a decent amount of crunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

yeah on my new game + run i only finished with like 2 days to spare

the linked episodes aren't really optional, you can't get orpheus telos without doing them

e: wait you might be able to get him but you can't finish the compendium

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

that's tighter than you'd think given that like half the remaining time is going to be eaten by breaks and you still have Aigis's whole s. link left. School links are still subject to a decent amount of crunch

Yeah, though there's definitely some time with full planning and foresight where I could have pushed the non school social links even further back in preference of going to the shrine, and Mitsuru can be done during the pre exam week even though she's a school link so you can push a lot of her link off too to make more time for the others.

Zokari posted:

the linked episodes aren't really optional, you can't get orpheus telos without doing them

I think nothing stops you from doing the linked episodes on a different playthroughs though, if you're really just trying to 100 percent the compendium. Orpheus Telos has the specific requirement that you need to get every social link in one go, but all the linked episodes just reward one specific persona unlock that you can fuse immediately and just have in your compendium.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Zokari posted:

You do need to complete at least some of the linked episodes if you want OT, yes. I maxed all my SLs on my first playthrough, but didn’t get my last episode with Ken, so no Michael > no Metatron > no OT.

e: it might just be Ken though now that I look at it. I don’t think personas like Byakko or Hell Biker or Surt are needed for OT.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 24, 2024

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
P3R NG+ also doesn't actually save you that many days, since all but two of your links are daytime and you have too many night slots as is. You get to skip levelling stats, but you're probably doing all of that at night, anyway.

In fact, I actually can't think of much that NG+ saves you in terms of maxing out SLs, aside from ensuring that you can unlock Fuuka/Yukari immediately when they open up.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
There are a handful of moments in the first few months where you can't advance any links during the day but can have a bunch at stoppage points, so I guess you can use those moments where you'd normally build stats to use shrine to pray for relationship points. On the whole though, yeah New Game + doesn't help that much with getting social links done faster.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
For whatever it's worth, I finished everything on first playthrough with I think two days to spare. Without using a guide, but having played the game before and so knowing to prioritise the classmate links. Main "strategic" planning was just always picking the lowest-ranked link, so toward the end when links started finishing I didn't have any days where no links were available (until the last couple Sundays).

The two major things that I think make a full-link run easier in Reload are: a lot of formerly "romantic" links can now be "just friends", which means that after things "get serious" in one link you're not soft locked out of all other potential "romantic" links until the first one is done; and being able to always get a couple extra music notes for any link at night using the computer really helps.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rookoo posted:

When you remember you've left the soldering iron on

If Fuuka was a real geek, she'd get a good soldering iron that has an idle timer safety. :colbert:

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

She's a high school student and you're not sharing the Tartarus wealth with anybody, she gets what she can afford.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
My thumb is very, very tired.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I broke down and paid full price for P5R on Xbox. What’s the deal with the personas that are super high level that I can summon for free. Is this DLC? I’m not sure why they would let me summon and use a level 50 persona that one shots everything in the first palace. I assume I’m just not supposed to use those until late game? Kinda ruins the fun…

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

I broke down and paid full price for P5R on Xbox. What’s the deal with the personas that are super high level that I can summon for free. Is this DLC? I’m not sure why they would let me summon and use a level 50 persona that one shots everything in the first palace. I assume I’m just not supposed to use those until late game? Kinda ruins the fun…

It sounds like you bought the collector/deluxe edition which comes with the cheat DLC.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ImpAtom posted:

It sounds like you bought the collector/deluxe edition which comes with the cheat DLC.

Isn’t that standard in all versions of P5R?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

I think all the DLC stuff comes from opening the cardboard box and you don't get to pick which ones you unlock

iirc all the high level personas are from the DLC which gives you a free summon of them. I just didn't use them until I had a way to fuse them and it worked out fine (though the skills they come with are still mega powerful). But I also ended up killing the reaper sorta early and broke the curve by accident, which meant I insta killed basically every enemy for the back half of the game using the slink skill

It's just honestly a super easy game unless you're playing on the hardest difficulty

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Royal includes all the original base game's DLC, including the DLC Personas. You don't have to open the cardboard box to get the Personas. I strongly recommend you don't use them. Getting a free high-level Persona with strong skills is busted. You probably shouldn't even fuse them, they have unique skills and Traits that are absurdly strong.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Isn’t that standard in all versions of P5R?

Ignore me. I read P3R, not P5R.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Now we just need Persona 4 Rebroadcast and the confusion can run rampant.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Dang. I have a hard time not using all of the resources available to me but I’ll give it the old college try

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
You also get 100,000 Yen ($1,000 (well, alright, not at recent exchange rates, but historically)) straight out of the gate whether you touch the cardboard box or not, and it breaks the early game pretty hard.

Cheat DLC is dumb and doubly so when it gets jammed into all versions of the re-release whether you want it or not.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I'm playing through p3 reload. I bought p3 when it came out, then FES, then portable, and would get to post first boss and drop it. Right now I'm in the month of September, I've maxed all my charm, courage, and academics, it seems like there isn't much left to do besides social links and Tartarus. Is there any point in hanging out with other SEES that don't have a social link yet besides a few items and stat boosts that are already maxed?

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

If you do three night events with a SEES member, you unlock their Characteristic which is a unique passive ability for them. Yukari gets reduced SP costs for healing skills, Ken gets SP Regen, Koromaru gets auto debuff skills and so on. These passives also upgrade when you do all 6 hang outs. Just to be clearer, say you decide to watch TV with Yukari, the third time you do that you get her characteristic. Then you cook with her three times and the passive upgrades.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Doing all the daytime hangouts with the guys (the ones with two exclamation marks) will also unlock specific Persona to fuse

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Diabetic posted:

I'm playing through p3 reload. I bought p3 when it came out, then FES, then portable, and would get to post first boss and drop it. Right now I'm in the month of September, I've maxed all my charm, courage, and academics, it seems like there isn't much left to do besides social links and Tartarus. Is there any point in hanging out with other SEES that don't have a social link yet besides a few items and stat boosts that are already maxed?

the linked episode chains end with unlocking personas and some of those personas, annoyingly, are required for special fusions so not doing them will gently caress you if you're trying to get like, Orpheus Telos or something

also, they're good scenes and worth doing for their own sake if you like the character

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/ScrambledFaz/status/1773094267788874115

I actually forgot what P1 MC looked like until just now...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Scrap Dragon posted:

Doing all the daytime hangouts with the guys (the ones with two exclamation marks) will also unlock specific Persona to fuse

Just to note that some of them are night hangouts; I think Akihiko and Ken only have night hangouts, Koromaru is all daytime, Junpei has a mix. Shinjiro's is all daytime except for his capstone one which can technically be done anytime.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Alder posted:

Look at Nasty Crimeboy there in the center, looking all smug.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Who keeps inviting Boy With Earring to our photoshoots?"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Alder posted:

smh, it's like trinity soul never happened

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

And there is our twice-a-decade acknowledgement of Tatsuya, Maya, and the P1 protagonist. Always nice to see them.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

"Who keeps inviting Boy With Earring to our photoshoots?"

It's that sonuvabitch photographer, a certain Mr. "Man Wearing Hat."

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_PXUAL4zHQ

The Phantom X OP

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Cool intro, good song, but boy, everything I'm reading about this game does not look appealing to me.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm mostly confused by the level of effort put into the various bits and pieces with how half-assed the central concept seems to be.

like is this a serious sincere project or a lazy cash grab? Pick a lane!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The latter, just one with direct asset support with soejima designs and stuff so it looks presentable. It's still a random mobile game produced by licensing the IP out to an overseas studio where the direction is mining the vague idea of P5's aesthetic right as people are probably sick of it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's clearly a cash grab but I dunno if "lazy" is a fair descriptor, at least from the footage I've seen.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
That's what's bothering me, if you're spending the money on Soejima and Lyn and whatever else is going on beneath the hood, how much more could it cost to add, like, an actual director and an art team? This cannot possibly be an ideal allocation of resources.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

That's what's bothering me, if you're spending the money on Soejima and Lyn and whatever else is going on beneath the hood, how much more could it cost to add, like, an actual director and an art team? This cannot possibly be an ideal allocation of resources.

A whoooooole lot more

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
what about instead of persona x it was persona sex??

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The galaxy brain move would have been to hire the modders doing the Reload FeMC mod to do the P5X art for peanuts :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Didn't they just rip a model from the dancing game?