Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Any chance that we get SMT V this year?

Also, I am of the firm belief that Atlus does not like making money, I've never seen so many games both mainline, spin-off, and sequels locked behind archaic ways to play them.

SMT1 & 2: both have good translations in emulation but nothing outside of Japan officially.
SMT If...: Good luck seeing this ever

SMT 3: Nocturne FEATURING DANTE FROM THE DEVIL MAY CRY SERIES: FINALLY getting a port to modern day devices.
SMT 4: Locked behind the 3DS which is now effectively dead.
SMT Apocalypse: Also locked behind 3DS

Persona 1 PS1, and stuck on PSP for an update
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - long trapped on Japanese PS1, finally redone and put on PSP BUT; Eternal Punishment, originally translated in English for PS1, but the remake, only on Japanese PSP. ((I THINK only Eternal Punishment was translated because of Hitler appearing in IS and that it dealt with adults, rather than high school students mostly summoning demons, can be wrong.))
Persona 3: Original version still only on PS2, FES: Updated game with a new dungeon that most find boring only on PS2, the mainline was eventually redone for PSP removing a bunch of walking around, and adding a new protagonist, but only on PSP still.
Persona 4: No complaints they did this one right by randomly putting it on PC! Also my favorite RPG since Chrono Trigger.
Persona 5: Has a version out there for the Switch in Japan, but only in Japan, (Edit: I'm a dumb idiot who smells of butt, there was no Japanese P5) and its sequel Strikers, is now out on everything but to understand the details of the story you have to play Persona 5 which is only on PS4.

There's a ton of spin off games I'm missing like Strange Journey, DemiKids, Last Bible, etc. but if Atlus/Sega would just bring them over I think I'd lose my mind.

I'm a huge fan of the concept of the entire series, I really want to get it more exposure but you gotta jump through a bunch of hoops if you want to play all the games.

Diabetic fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Item Getter posted:

Dante from the Devil May Cry series is an overpriced DLC for the remake.

This isn't true, there is no Switch version of Persona 5 in Japan or anywhere. Maybe you're thinking of Strikers

I must've been reading wrong, I swore up and down people were waiting for a port of P5 on Switch for over a year, but I'm guessing it was Strikers, my bad, and I've edited my post to acknowledge it.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Adrianics posted:

I am so happy for this thread. I discovered Persona via Super Smash Bros and bought Persona 5 Royal on a whim based on reviews and being unemployed during lockdown, let's just say that 10 months later I've also played P4G and P3FES, the combined soundtracks of all three have become a beloved in-joke between my wife and me and I've been desperately playing JRPGs to try and recreate the feeling.

I've very rarely felt as many emotions experiencing pop culture as I did when Nevermore played at the end of P4G. I'm so happy these games are a part of my life now!

No joke, I've loved Chrono Trigger for decades, I felt no game would ever come close, sure I really like games but nothing close to Chrono Trigger... Until Persona 4, I guess it was the time in my life but it was just the perfect combat and soundtrack I'd been looking for. I love them both on different levels but it made me so incredibly happy to find another game that made me feel like Chrono Trigger did.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Makes sense, Y7 took an already winning formula, then added Dragon Quest to it, Japan ate it up and we have a rabid fanbase here so yeah. I appreciate that they want to release more stuff in the US, they just need to port stuff off other consoles as well.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

I'm playing through p3 reload. I bought p3 when it came out, then FES, then portable, and would get to post first boss and drop it. Right now I'm in the month of September, I've maxed all my charm, courage, and academics, it seems like there isn't much left to do besides social links and Tartarus. Is there any point in hanging out with other SEES that don't have a social link yet besides a few items and stat boosts that are already maxed?