Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
He's also on the box-art in Phantom Thief garb. The only way to not know is to not look at the game when you get it, not watch the anime op that plays like 3 minutes in and then ignore every scene he's in after his first one. At which point, you wouldn't care anyway because you're ignoring like half the game's cutscenes already so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

Were the lyrics to Rivers in the Desert written by a different person than whoever wrote the lyrics to all the other songs in P5/R/S? It's the only one where I don't stop and think "wait, what the gently caress?" at half the lines.

Off the top of my head, all the lyrics for every song was written by Benjamin Franklin. I know he does a lot of stuff (God Eater tracks come to mind), but good luck finding most of them for obvious reasons. :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

My Joker always refuses to be tempted into having impure thoughts by his teammates.

Hifumi, however, is a different story.

See, this is the right answer. :hfive:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I can only imagine that guides probably recommend level 15 for that fight because the boss is level 15. That's unreasonably high, though, so don't worry about it. In Golden in particular, they have a lot more HP than you'd expect for so early but have a weakness to ___Ice___ added to compensate.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I've said it before, but I'm gonna make the bold declaration that the P4 anime is arguably a better way to experience the original than playing the game.

P4G has like maybe one good episode, and no one should watch anything in it except the Narukami vs Adachi fight, especially after they both functionally run out of SP. Ideally as a clip on Youtube, so you can just skip to it immediately.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Unless we're going into weird 'Cooking Mama' style games a fighting game seems the logical next step.

Doesn't sound too bad to me. I would totally play Cooking Joker over P5 Arena any time.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I think, at absolute minimum, her main ability feels backwards. She's a journalist, so she should could be used to increase the Thieves' notoriety and in turn give an increase to the Security Level, not a reduction. That'd be a more useful thing, if she really has to play with that, since it feels underimplemented as is and you want it higher for more Treasure Demons anyway.

Having her guarantee Treasure Demons would also be cool, but I think it should be a later rank ability, if not a capstone, rather than incidentally happen along the way.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Probably worth keeping in mind that the intended audience is primarily high-school age teenagers and not the already embittered adults that likely make up most, if not all, the people posting here.

They're still enjoyable, and all, yes, but some things just don't connect in the same way, if at all.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The best regular day-to-day music is from P3, but it's Changing Seasons. :colbert:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

YggiDee posted:

Yosuke's dad seems to have adopted Teddie, unless Yosuke has been hiding him in the basement or something.

Yosuke's dad definitely knows about him, considering he hires Teddie and all.

But for where he stays, I find it quite hard to forget that Teddie, as a pretty boy, literally lives in Yosuke's closet.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Saori's link is like... if you think through all the implications of it one of the, if not the, darkest links period. It's just never made explicit, so it's easy to miss. And also it spends forever being tedious and boring, so it's even easier to miss.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's April 9, and you know what that means...

This is mad, but I hope you succeed

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Item Getter posted:

spamming Tarukaja 4 times and attacking. (In all the non-Persona SMT games the skills like Tarukaja affect the whole party and never run out but they go up by 4 tiers).

At that point in the series, Tarukaja and Makakaja could stack 8 times!

Rakukaja and Sukukaja were still only 4 though.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

5 absolutely does... until about 2/3rds of the way through at least. That it sticks around after that is dumb though.

It even managed to get it right with the Judgement Confidant stuff, so they clearly thought about it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

I'll go with female protag, actually.

About time for the Girl with Earring.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Going back to its roots. HD Remaster of SMT If... now officially titled Persona 0

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Love that this was an announcement ultimately for an announcement in December.

Pretty sure this isn't even the first time that's happened, either.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Cherami Leigh has pretty good range, yeah. She was also Mae in Shadows of Valentia and Rhea in FE Three Houses, who are fairly distinct from each other.

She was Olga in Ys 8 which took me a while to realise, because that's the most different I've ever heard her sound.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Unless Royal changed it for some reason, Yoshida always ranks up when you spend time with him.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

watched Dragonatrix's SMTI let's Play

:negative: I'm sorry. Still my least favorite one I've done overall in hindsight.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

But I dont like fighting games

:same:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

I miss Liam OBrien in my anime games

Same.

Also, Yuri Lowenthal. It was very silly when he was everywhere, but now he's just about nowhere and it feels wrong.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

There are lines in English in Persona 3 of Akihiko exclaiming surprise that an enemy shadow is immune to Almighty. I guess that means that late in development he was going to be a navigator.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Return of the talk show.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Been a while since I've played 5, getting around to Royal soonish I think, but as far as I remember the difference was Samael was just the instrumental while the Grail included the lyrics.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Glad to see that this 25th anniversary special being lazy rereleases at least bothered to include all 3 Persona games. Y'know, eventually.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Arist posted:

I agree, they should have found a way to put the P3P content into FES. And while they're at it, I'd really like a unicorn.

Unicorn is already in the game though :confused:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Don't look up Junpei's either

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I'm only at Madarame's Palace in Royal, since I finally started playing through it a few days ago, and I can't wait for Yoshizawa to like have a personality or character or literally anything. Maruki's intrro cutscene told me more about him as a person than the like five scenes that have included Yoshizawa have told me about her combined. So far, the game has spent more time on multiple cutscenes letting me know she has a ponytail (like this is big pivotal information that needs exposition, repeatedly, so you don't miss it!) than anything about her as a person. The closest was that one scene with an old lady on the train which is just generic "she is a good person" stuff and like... okay. I'm sure she'll get there eventually, but like this is very silly and not in the fun enjoyable way.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

It's better to do them earlier so you can maximise your free time. You can put it off a bit to get items etc without worry, but do not leave it until the last day. You'll run out of time trying that.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

That's a popular fan theory supported by literally nothing. There was no mention of any sibling that died on the bridge with Makoto's parents, there's no indication at any point he's not an only child never mind a twin. I don't know where it first came from, but there's nothing in the games to point to it at all. There's a visual thing in one of the anime movies that implies he may have (had) a younger brother but that's the closest.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

So, in P5R what does the Ring of Gluttony actually do? There's no chance that the third Palace gives you an accessory that is straight up Repel All, surely?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Kaneshiro stands out as way more of a waste of time since he sure feels like canon filler

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

3rd Semester in Royal opening with a "walk around all of Tokyo and talk to your friends. 1 per day" bit should be quick and easy despite already being artificially padded to waste your time, but then straight up removing quick travel on top of that just serves to make it so incredibly tedious jeez

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

drat I think I might be overleveled, I'm just instakilling the enemies in the December Palace.

Also for some reason I can't get Futunshi or whatever to show up while fusing. Also couldn't get Cu Chulain to show up when fusing the Faith Personas a tier above and under him together for some reason, even though it worked with Network fusion.

Fusioning is confusioning.

One of the worst things about doing my Royal playthrough on Merciless was instakilling so many things so often from the fourth palace onwards. Turns out that now gives 120% base EXP, which is very silly and dumb. In vanilla, it only gave 40% so it made things actually tougher to handle. Instakilling also now giving EXP on top of a free Persona makes it a neverending snowball effect too. So I think being overlevelled is just the natural state of Royal, even without taking advantage of all its new wacky OP poo poo.

As for Cu Chulainn, he's probably one of the Personae that you cannot make at all until midway through January if you can't get him normally. The easiest way to tell for sure is to try and rank up/down the one below (Atavaka)/above (Siegfried) him. If he gets skipped by that, he's locked off until later. In order to make him by fusing two Faith personae, you need to use Atavaka and the Rank 10 unlock.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I've generally found that the people who said Merciless is easier than Hard are a bit wrong.

While weaknesses do more damage, most difficult enemies don't have weaknesses (and enemies with weaknesses were always pretty easy, even on Hard). So in the end it's sort of like "Hard, but you do a bit less damage and have to be more careful about compensating for your own elemental weaknesses."

You're forgetting Technicals. They are also boosted in Merciless and deal way more damage than weaknesses (though don't always let you Baton Pass... until you play enough pool). Shadows not having a weakness is absolutely irrelevant.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Sydin posted:

Yeah the writers kinda shot themselves in the foot by trying to play this coy game of hiding Shido from the player to hold back the "reveal" of him being the one who falsely accused Joker, even though anybody with two brain cells to rub together will realize this the as soon as you bump into him at the buffet in the early game.

They don't hide that at all, though. Once you run into him there, you get a still image flashback so you, the player, know for a fact that he is the same guy (though it is still very obvious without that, yes). That does make it dafter that Joker doesn't realise for months on end especially since he's like "oh I know this guy from somewhere! Eh, not important I guess" but also there is this thing called dramatic irony that it's trying to use but completely whiffing on.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

You could always use the X button to confirm/throw despite the game not telling you that, but aiming was only motion controls in the PS4 version, .

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I did that fight on Merciless and Samael in the 1v1 just cycled elements in a real obvious easy pattern. He did sometimes throw in an Almighty attack but I think that was a response to trying to repel? He would gladly heal me when I used drain for my resistance at least. No Physical (or Gun) stuff at any point, but the fight didn't last too long at that point so maybe that would've come later.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

P4 Manga: Souji Seta
P4 Anime + P4 Arena + BBCT + most other poo poo: Yuu Narukami
P4 Visualive: Hayato Asakawa

You left out the real canon name though: Charlie Tunoku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

HaB posted:

Hmm. Does that mean I’d need to fuse to base personas of the ingredients first?

No, it uses the average base level+1 of the two ingredients for a normal fusion. It looks for the nearest value that result is equal to or less than.

Regular Sun personae, however, is Triangle fusion only in P3 which gives no fucks at all about levels. Yatagarasu/Quetzalcoatl shows that really easily, in fact, since Yatagarasu is level 30 and Quetzalcoatl is 43 but the cheapest way to get Quetzalcoatl has an average+1 of 27.