Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Alacron posted:

I'm hoping that Haru gets some good moments in Strikers, once I get my hands on it.

She gets a few, like an early game moment that doesn't really spoil anything, but I will just to be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Maybe we’ll get the Persona World Tour 5 was originally meant to be.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

YaketySass posted:

I'd be intrigued to see how you could even adapt the slice of life mechanics around that concept.

Yeah, the social links are probably the hardest existing concept to adapt to that concept, but I would like the idea of dungeons having a stricter limit on “we need to do this within a week” since they’ll be gone, and avoid things like “Futaba in a coma for 3 weeks if you do her dungeon early”

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Considering we've had a dog, bear, and cat as party members I wonder what 6 will go next as a mascot character.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think an eagle would be cool as a navigator type character who just dive bombs an enemy or just flies by to cast a buff randomly.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

At least Morgana could pass as a cat, I wonder how Yosuke sold Teddie staying with his family without giving any details away.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ryuji feels the most natural as your best friend character compared to others I've seen in the series, and the only real flaw is the Morgana/Ryuji fight that everyone acts kind of dumb on.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I just wish we got more of Chie’s dog.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I guess the Persona 4 anime has a picture of Chie's dog

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

They’re fighting over steak.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Anime Yu lists his favorite things to do and hobbies as “Changing things and fusing things”

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Super Persona Kart

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If they did do a more adult cast of party members for a game it would be kind of interesting if you were actually more limited in party member choice for some dungeons because they had real life stuff in the way.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder if we'll even get Igor in the next game with his Japanese VA passing away.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

After he dies there’s some dialogue about how he was good at helping students figure out what to do in life, but mostly before that he’s a jerk to you day one and gets drunk on the school trip.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Sophie trying to make sci-fi noises is the best part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7E4O-plb7w

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I do like how Zenkichi turns it's head on the usual "character big on justice and wants to be a cop" party member but going "This job sucks and ruined my life, and each day is a nightmare"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It would be nice to see a character or two from an older game pop up as a confidant or something, especially since they have had a decade+ happen between games now.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I played 4 after 5 and it was perfectly fine combat wise. It helped that the non-battle aspects I usually enjoyed more, but it’s not that much of a step back where it’s just a more basic version of 5’s combat system.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

None of the Royal specific stuff comes up in Strikers, so you don’t have to worry about that

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’m just assuming we’ll get some kind of animal party member in Persona games from now on.

My hope would be a regular rear end bird that works as the navigator, but maybe they can put a fish in somehow.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder if having not a set amount of levels would be better too. Maybe one smaller social link needs 5 or 6, compared to party members who benefit more from having the full 10

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I do like Zenkichi in Strikers only because he actually hates being a cop and when you have the Persona character who talks about justice and how they'll solve it by joining the police, he shuts that down.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

P6 better have a cool animal party member.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

YaketySass posted:

Wonder what animal they'll go with.

I want a hawk or some kind of bird but then we risk getting Persona Animorphs

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Sophie is great

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Strikers also has the character who wants to be a cop get told “no don’t they all suck”

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/soupsizedocean/status/1664795001354870784

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Arist posted: