Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
That's a good lookin' op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Harrow posted:

How is Persona Q2? I clearly love Persona and I also love Etrian Odyssey, but Q1 kinda lost me halfway through. I've heard Q2 is better, though?

I loved it. Infinitely better writing than the first one and a killer soundtrack. Criminally underplayed.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
been jammin to this today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WMWP2V_7QM

e: and very much this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ3gDU0-eR0

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 22, 2021

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
morgana's tolerable but his spat with ryuji makes them both look like assholes and the lady ann stuff has got to stop

teddie is the embodiment of hell. to stand in the presence of teddie's true form would render you blind, deaf, mute and insane. teddie must be destroyed at all costs.

koromaru is the best boy yes he is.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RillAkBea posted:

Well if there's at least better ways to direct the AI in FES then I'll probably go looking for copy tomorrow. I didn't mind the AI most of the time, it was just the rare incidences when a battle could have been over a lot earlier with direct commands.

I originally chose P3P just because I find it a lot easier to work handhelds into my schedule than sitting down at a TV or computer screen. Unfortunately though, having played P4 and 5 before though, the VN style feels somehow wrong.

I had the same reaction, but enjoyed the hell out of doing a femc replay after playing FES.

Honestly every persona game before 4 needs to be re-released imo. P1 is fine on PSP but the music is a loving crime, P2 really just needs the PSP version of EP localized, but P3 needs FES and P3P merged somehow which is a nightmare.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
It's entirely down to Sakurai being an absolute addict who maxes every S-link on his first playthrough as soon as the game comes out.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Ostentatious posted:

...is anyone reaching out to the truth right now?

I always heard the lyrics as:

I face out, I hold out
I reach out to the sequences
Of the homo man-crush

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
tbf i was thinking about kanji a lot

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

WrightOfWay posted:

The opening of Mass Destruction is the worst bit of battle music in modern Persona.

listen baby baby baby baby b-baby baby baby baby you're just wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
just a reminder that the death of the old sony store coming up means that this is the last chance to get a legit copy of persona 1 (psp or psx), persona 2 IS and EP, persona 3 FES and portable.