Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Why the gently caress would anyone want to work for wwe. Wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's also talked about the schedule, a lot less willing to give him time to fly home and be with the wife and kids.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

STING 64 posted:

Im quoting you because you're actually correct

Yay I’m improving!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Gumball Gumption posted:

He's also talked about the schedule, a lot less willing to give him time to fly home and be with the wife and kids.

can't believe he gave up a chance to be with his new family: the rotting corpse of HHH, Road Dogg, and Corporate Executive No. 2

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

a dumb moron posted:

I presume Will would’ve gotten guaranteed pay. I think the issue was they offered less guaranteed money than Tony and dangled the “you’ll be at Wrestlemania” carrot because they thought he was a mark.

But I’m a dumb moron so don’t quote me on that.

I mean WWE thought less money and the allure of Mania would get Okada to sign!

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Why wouldn't they? That pitch worked on fellow indie darlings Jade Cargill and Cody Rhodes.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Integrated Houston posted:

Why wouldn't they? That pitch worked on fellow indie darlings Jade Cargill and Cody Rhodes.

I imagine Cody is making lots more money.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jade is making more money than AEW offered. Cody is probably making more money and also had some nebulous complaints about creative or how his wife was treated in AEW that for whatever reason are not problems in WWE.

Will and Okada were both just offered bad contacts compared to what AEW was willing to offer if the rumors and things they've said are right.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

My heart is broken at this

https://x.com/awfullywaffly/status/1784630360480870429?s=46

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

lmao at tagging the car dealership

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Gumball Gumption posted:

Jade is making more money than AEW offered. Cody is probably making more money and also had some nebulous complaints about creative or how his wife was treated in AEW that for whatever reason are not problems in WWE.

Will and Okada were both just offered bad contacts compared to what AEW was willing to offer if the rumors and things they've said are right.

WWE made ONE right call and did not hire Brandi for anything.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

:wrong:

They should have done their own version of a shot of Brandi, the best wrestling YouTube show made.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Majinfoose posted:

wwe: we will tell your wife no for you

cody: dear god please thank you

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I deserve this for mentioning his wife here. Shouldn't have expected anything else

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://x.com/ortiz_powerful/status/1784616243099795889?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

Did not know Ortiz wrestled in the same playground fed as sir William black

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Gumball Gumption posted:

I deserve this for mentioning his wife here. Shouldn't have expected anything else

WWE Shot of Brandi could be sponsored by that crummy vodka Cody sells

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

https://x.com/ortiz_powerful/status/1784616243099795889?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

sir william black the one person coward tony should have signed to lead aew back in the day

it's not too late tiny you coward unless it is

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
https://x.com/brodyxking/status/1784633345646694804?s=46

🫢

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Majinfoose posted:

I’m not a smart man but this is why I don’t quite believe the speculation that Brandi being released was reason for Cody leaving AEW. WWE runs on spite and I imagine they’d have brought Brandi in too if she was a major factor.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

"there", in this case, to mean "in the checkout line at Walgreens"

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

The first time WWE tried to recruit Jade they hosed up so bad that the second time they tried she was entirely in the position of negotiating power.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ringo Roadagain posted:

those are some sick clips

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

2kw was fully sick, i remember when they caught on here back in the day.

theyve actually started uploading old stuff to their youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jt0FJXEwMI

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Wasn’t there a dude called “Fat no selling bastard”, or am I thinking of something completely different?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Those 2KW highlights were literally what got me back into wrestling

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Red is Dead posted:

Wasn’t there a dude called “Fat no selling bastard”, or am I thinking of something completely different?

thats me irl.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I love it so much and when these clips pop back up every so often. Makes me yearn for my old backyard wrestling days.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I've always wondered what they're wrestling on because they're going way too hard to not be bumping on something reasonably soft. If that feels like outside ring pads then gently caress me they're nuts.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

The first time WWE tried to recruit Jade they hosed up so bad that the second time they tried she was entirely in the position of negotiating power.

I personally believe that they probably didn’t offer her more money than AEW, not that she needs it. Tony didn’t want her to go. They dangled the idea of more fame and more access.

If I see evidence to contrary, I will admit that I’m an idiot. A bigger idiot. Whatever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

I've always wondered what they're wrestling on because they're going way too hard to not be bumping on something reasonably soft. If that feels like outside ring pads then gently caress me they're nuts.

NYC playgrounds like that had rubber mats instead of concrete or asphalt

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/Brodyxking/status/1784633345646694804

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

hard industrial outdoor rubber mats

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
The car saga continues.
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1784694167014404389

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tony Khan seeing all these Emi posts and just thinking no WAY we are trusting her to get to Wembley stadium on her own lol

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Is that Dana White

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Sandman from ECW posted:

Is that Dana White

no that’s emi sakura

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Critical posted:

2kw was fully sick, i remember when they caught on here back in the day.

theyve actually started uploading old stuff to their youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jt0FJXEwMI

oh man this takes me back

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

C. Everett Koop posted:

new york kids built different.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

never seen someone have what seems to be 3 different car troubles in 3 days and be so positive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Emi speed ran it from "I just got a car and started driving for the first time ever" to "my car is dead" in just a few days. She is truly a Queen.

I personally believe that they probably didn’t offer her more money than AEW, not that she needs it. Tony didn’t want her to go. They dangled the idea of more fame and more access.

If I see evidence to contrary, I will admit that I’m an idiot. A bigger idiot. Whatever.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. She wanted the fame and access WWE could give her, which is why she tried out for them in the first place. It's just that they approached her with such a hosed up and disrespectful contract that it soured her immediately.

She mentioned in interviews that WWE wanted her to terminate all her existing contracts and sponsorships, which were paying her more than what WWE was offering her, without compensating her for severing business relationships that she had built up over years (and she said that it if WWE didn't work out, it would be unprofessional of her to "come crawling back" to get her old contracts back). On top of that, she raised concerns about having to relocate and then having to be on the road frequently, because she wanted to be there for her daughter (who was two at the time), only to be told "this is your family now" which is kind of an insane thing to say to someone, especially someone who isn't in a situation where the only choices are "be with your kid" or "feed your kid".

The second time around, WWE offered her the money she thought she was worth on the terms she wanted, and as to why she opted to leave AEW, one of her stated reasons was:

quote:

I am 31, I don’t have time to really grow with a company at my age. I have to be in an established company and I have to go over there and let that be known because you can’t do this forever and as a woman, especially in your 30s, the majority of the fan base is like, "Okay, well it’s time for her to go about her way. What’s next for her?"

quote:

And let’s be real, people wanna see, regardless if they’re good or not, they wanna see that 20-something-year-old on TV rather than that 30-something-year-old woman on TV. So time is not on my side and I knew I had to make the best decision for me, but not just for me, my family.

Which is a fair take given what she's already accomplished for herself. She wanted what she wanted, and AEW raised her value so she could make that happen with WWE without having to compromise on it the way they wanted her to initially do.