Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

karmicknight posted:

AEW contracted talent have regularly worked indie dates, the only restriction was really requested/enforced was after the breakout at a Warrior Wrestling show with AEW talent headlining.

Joey Janela was one of the first guys they signed and he's still a cornerstone of GCW as well as allowed to his Spring Breaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah didn't have like, Tay working in JB's spot with Luchasaurus in tags or something cool?

It was always part of the plan since trying stuff out the main AEW focus areas allows the performers to expand and test things. (He'd just rather those things weren't covid) TK actually likes indie wrestling.

Well, wrestling in general. Same idea with doing stuff on BTE and vlogs.

Yeah, it was also around the same time Tay was hanging out with Jurassic Express in BTE so it seems like someone was considering adding her to that act before TayJay became a wonderful thing and Tay Conti became a Friend to the Dark Order.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status/1372674535279976451?s=20

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Beautiful Bryan Alvarez

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I have never wanted anything more than Bryan Alvarez teaming with Japanese Deathmatch Legend Dr Luther.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/RealKevinNash/status/1372703829079293954

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Too sweet.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The mount rushmore of wrestling

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Nash is alright, sometimes.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I can't stop saying "what?!"

This is powerful in a way I cannot explain

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Piper was legitimately out of his mind insane. That gentleman did not get the help he needed in this life.

They Live still bangs. Excellent movie

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Deathlove posted:

Do they not care, or are they just more lenient? If you have to run all your bookings through TK, who knows. They talked a lot about how people would be allowed to, but it never really got pushed before things got shut down. Curious to see what happens!

I think it’s the latter as long as it didn’t conflict with AEW commitments. I remember Mox doing an indie booking and Janela had done shows before a particular show where lot of people had potentially caught covid and he was off AEW tv for a bit.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kris Statlander had to be pulled from an episode of Dynamite because she had a prior indie booking. I remember people being pretty shocked that they let her do the indie show instead of asking her to cancel.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

njsykora posted:

Kris Statlander had to be pulled from an episode of Dynamite because she had a prior indie booking. I remember people being pretty shocked that they let her do the indie show instead of asking her to cancel.

Last I knew about AEW and indies was that there was a unofficial list of approved promotions fulltime talent could take bookings from outside of AEW events.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

AEW could use another meaty boi

I really hope that Lee goes to AEW, if only because the idea of Lee vs. Archer, Lee vs. Hobbs, Lee vs. Cage, Lee vs. Penta, and Lee vs. Fenix makes me giddy. Oh, and seeing Lee yeet Darby the way he did Cole.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Royal Updog posted:

Nash is alright, sometimes.

The Nash tweet before the 2016 election where he’s like “as an experiment I wore a Trump shirt today expecting ridicule and everyone was just super happy and excited to see it, Hillary isn’t a sure bet we’re in trouble”. Nash is hilariously galaxy brained but I think a genuinely funny and cool guy overall.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

njsykora posted:

IIRC she took the indie booking before signing with AEW and they let her keep it as a good-faith gesture

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eat My Fuc posted:

The Nash tweet before the 2016 election where he’s like “as an experiment I wore a Trump shirt today expecting ridicule and everyone was just super happy and excited to see it, Hillary isn’t a sure bet we’re in trouble”. Nash is hilariously galaxy brained but I think a genuinely funny and cool guy overall.

Nash is Chris Jericho in reverse: a selfish rear end in a top hat within the wrestling business and a good dude outside of it.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I always loved this bit from Nash.

"Squisher?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRpVfsEf9LU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

dsriggs posted:

Beautiful Bryan Alvarez
I'm reading this in his Retribution announcement voice.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
https://twitter.com/orangecassidy/status/1372745498474471425

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Who else besides me never knew until now that Bryan Alvarez was once a wrestler?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Who else besides me never knew until now that Bryan Alvarez was once a wrestler?

Still is. In 2019 he had matches against Orange Cassidy, Jungle Boy, Marko Stunt, and Nick Gage.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

disaster pastor posted:

Don't know if this is already being discussed somewhere, but Bix's Stan Lane/Lauren Boebert story is out, and it's wild.

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1372513149165961220
Thanks...I'm curious what everyone thinks of both the article as a whole and the evidence presented therein? My gut coming out of this is that he's most likely her father, but I've been buried in this for a month so I'd love to hear what everyone else took away from it.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lamuella posted:

Still is. In 2019 he had matches against Orange Cassidy, Jungle Boy, Marko Stunt, and Nick Gage.

He's retired. Well, y'know, wrestling. He claims to be retired.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

davidbix posted:

Thanks...I'm curious what everyone thinks of both the article as a whole and the evidence presented therein? My gut coming out of this is that he's most likely her father, but I've been buried in this for a month so I'd love to hear what everyone else took away from it.

I think the amount of work you put in to this is impressive, but I still felt kind of grubby reading it tbh.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Royal Updog posted:

Piper was legitimately out of his mind insane. That gentleman did not get the help he needed in this life.

They Live still bangs. Excellent movie

There is a legendary story on an episode of WOR earlier this year or maybe last year about Piper cornering Bryan Alvarez in a dark room and threatening to kill him and then forgetting about this interaction shortly after.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave (I think) would also tell stories about how every time he and Roddy talked, Roddy would insist it was either the first time or it had been many years since they last spoke, even if they had chatted multiple times that year.

Seams posted:

I think the amount of work you put in to this is impressive, but I still felt kind of grubby reading it tbh.

:same:

Definitely impressive work though, Bix.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There is a legendary story on an episode of WOR earlier this year or maybe last year about Piper cornering Bryan Alvarez in a dark room and threatening to kill him and then forgetting about this interaction shortly after.

Actually, Piper cornered him in a bathroom, turned the lights off & lit a lighter in Bryan’s face & told him to tell Dave that if Dave ever wrote anything about him again, he’d burn Dave’s house down.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dsriggs posted:

Actually, Piper cornered him in a bathroom, turned the lights off & lit a lighter in Bryan’s face & told him to tell Dave that if Dave ever wrote anything about him again, he’d burn Dave’s house down.

Even better (worse)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Piper is 100% a guy who got his brain scrambled from a combination of drug abuse, brain damage and unresolved trauma that led to him being a complete mad bastard but he was such a charming and affable guy in an industry where his mental health issues were both not out of place and in many ways actually beneficial that people gave him a pass and he profited greatly out of it.

I don't know that even if he got the help he needed he'd be able to take it because so much of his life was wrapped up in being unwell for so long.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

davidbix posted:

The fact that they claimed to be suspicious of the test to begin with and then the phlebotomist was convicted of taking bribes to falsify tests was the thing that made my brain click over to, "you know, maybe he really is her father."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You know how in Icarus (loving superb documentary) it is revealed that the Russians undertook these incredibly complicated procedures to secure and replace urine samples? Well that was not as impressive as the genius way the phlebotomist found to fake blood tests: they ran out onto the street, flagged a passerby down and said,"Hey yo can I draw your blood instead of this other dude's?" - Machiavellian!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/DMcIntyreWWE/status/1372563897740369921?s=19

Sorry to announce Drew has turned heel.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/nylarosebeast/status/1372694786906423299?s=21

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

:yikes:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I hope Sheamus beats him on Sunday

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I can't remember if it was this thread where that loving idiot Charlie Haas was mentioned recently but I found this when I happened to be perusing the ancient videos I had saved to my youtube favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR05qLcWabE

Guy was always a prick.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

He's from Ayr. The odds that he wasn't a Rangers fan were always remote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

He's from Ayr. The odds that he wasn't a Rangers fan were always remote.

It would be much funnier if he was incongruously a huge fan of Partick Thistle.