Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pylons posted:

If it's any consolation I'm still not used to seeing seizures despite seeing several of them every few months.

I think for me what made it really bad was that the person experiencing it was developmentally disabled, and I remember him saying "I don't like seizures"... afterwards and it still kinda haunts me. They was a really sweet, good natured person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

A former colleague once tried to convince me that you guys have got it made because you pay little in tax and that insurance is pretty cheap - far less than the portion of my income tax that might go to the NHS.

Biggest load of bullshit I've heard in my life and I'm thankful every day that getting sick won't drive me to bankruptcy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheRealAlSnow/status/1379113519745011713

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This is the most dad joke energy I've ever seen on a tweet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vaccine availability is a lot of things. As noted, rural Trump-voting areas just have less demand than urban, Biden-voting areas. Distribution is supposed to be based on population, however, from what I understand there's a minimum number of doses that can be sent (like 5000), so there's very rural places getting more doses than population, or even just more than they need for a given eligibility tier. This obviously means more populous areas are getting short-changed. Supposedly distribution is supposed to be addressing this by giving more to places that are using more, but I'm not sure how that's working out. That different states have different requirements and are distributing in different ways which confuses the matter.

For instance, I live in DC, where I am not eligible until we get to the "everyone" phase (April 19), but I'm eligible in MD as of today I believe, and in areas in VA as they move their phase up (VA has "health districts" that get to determine what phase they're in, there's a couple I am eligible in). Both will hit their "everyone" phase before us, and we have one of the lowest dose rates in the country despite being one of the easiest to deal with. Despite all that, I got my first shot from a DC healthcare group because I signed up for their registration, and they apparently had extra doses available. I'll have my second done before I'm eligible here.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/bossmoz/status/1379515580898664451?s=21

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Blood on my hands like Issac Yankem

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

The smartest man Daniel Bryan knows.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Okkult posted:

The smartest man Daniel Bryan knows.

High praise from the man who healed his own CTE with magic crystals

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Is there a number I can call to help me through this crisis?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

jericho should see some of the fanart people send sanada

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Curious how Jericho came across this and the artist since it's a few year's old! (The artist posted instagram stories expressing shock they had this flood of new followers.)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Impact and Reno Scum parted ways.

https://twitter.com/thornstowe_scum/status/1379585750971207680?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Stealth Tiger posted:

When I went to sign up for the vaccine online, there was a portion of the form that asked about insurance, but I just left it all blank and then when I got there they didn't ask about it at all and it was all totally free and quick and easy.

That’s just so they can extract an administrative fee from your insurance carrier, if you have one.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
getting legit steamed when i think about how america of all places is doing a better vaccine rollout than australia. i'll probably get my first shot in 2025 or something. this sucks.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Seams posted:

getting legit steamed when i think about how america of all places is doing a better vaccine rollout than australia. i'll probably get my first shot in 2025 or something. this sucks.
It's mostly a byproduct of buying power and manufacturing power

And they'll have overmet demand shortly then start shipping it elsewhere soon anyway

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Seams posted:

They're doing way better than Canada too, I feel your pain, friend.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Spiderdrake posted:

It's mostly a byproduct of buying power and manufacturing power

And they'll have overmet demand shortly then start shipping it elsewhere soon anyway

This is true, in some places (mostly rural) demand is pretty much toast already and we’re only at like 25% vaccinated.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Seams posted:

And the UK which made a big deal about how many vaccines it bought and started earlier and hasn’t even made it available to under 50s yet.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

njsykora posted:

And the UK which made a big deal about how many vaccines it bought and started earlier and hasn’t even made it available to under 50s yet.

It's not widely available to the general population under fifty (with exceptions for medical staff etc) but vaccination is one of the only areas where the UK hasn't badly hosed up. More than thirty million people have had their first dose, and eight and a half million have had both doses. It's just that the priority currently is to fully vaccinate the most vulnerable before rolling out first doses more broadly.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh Nick

https://twitter.com/realnickaldis/status/1379521114536312842?s=21

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Missing a comma

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

So thirsty for real talent to wrestle against

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/officialego/status/1379508310504841216?s=21

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

big Alan Partridge energy off this tweet

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/henarenz/status/1379645954140250117?s=21

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

"Experiment with new cereals" is the blandest, whitest phrase I have ever read.

What is CTC?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

enigmahfc posted:

"Experiment with new cereals" is the blandest, whitest phrase I have ever read.

What is CTC?

Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I see you're not a real cereal-head.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

big Alan Partridge energy off this tweet

Alan Partridge seems like an un-accompanied weetabix man. I don't know the material enough to know if there's a canon answer.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Is Ethan Page's gimmick that he's incredibly lame

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I only recently found out that Alan Partridge and Alan Parsons are two different people.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ether Page (because he puts you to sleep) [not because of the Jay Z song]

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tha

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Etha Bunny

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/snooki/status/1377336230166228996

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

queen

e: snooki's twitter is legendary

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
He should just eat toasted pancakes for breakfast and then we can call him All Eggo Ethan Page.

I’m sorry. Please don’t ban me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

He should just eat toasted pancakes for breakfast and then we can call him All Eggo Ethan Page.

I’m sorry. Please don’t ban me.

His entrance music is literally named Leggo My Ego. This isn't a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

My introduction to Ethan Page was his workout video explaining how he got into shape and iirc there's a part where he goes shopping in preparation for his "EPIC CHEAT DAY" and buys a bunch of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.