Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Open Marriage Night posted:

I don’t know poo poo about music, so my friends have to tell me why I should be excited to hang out with my cousins friends.

You're not alone there, I don't really listen to music, care or know much about it. And my cousin is in the Rock-afire Explosion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/UUG_P_SALLY/status/1378953623984607232

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Mob posted:

You're not alone there, I don't really listen to music, care or know much about it. And my cousin is in the Rock-afire Explosion

Which animatronic critter is your cousin??

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The bear(non-polar)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1380704477032947716
https://twitter.com/WayOfTheLariat/status/1380709496184573955

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Zwan is the ultimate band where it was less than the sum of it's parts. Billy can be good. The other band members have all done great stuff. But together it was just... Zwan.

Paz went from A Perfect Circle to Zwan to Pixies

A parabolic career trajectory.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if you ever want to read some real grade a psycho poo poo, go dig up billy corgan's interviews and blog posts about the zwan breakup

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Lid posted:

She did a brief tour with Papa M after Zwan broke up. Zwan was a bit of a disaster, but at least those two spun it into some prime gigs.

Wrestlemania is this weekend, and this is what we’re talking about...

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Stop saying Zwan

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Stop saying Zwan

:agreed:

Lmao

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
zwanton bomb

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah, call it by its full name

The True Poets of Zwan

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Teddy got kicked out of a GCW show too

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1380748467723759616

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I always knew Corgan would be the type to kick out at zwan.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/iamlukehalpert/status/1380761431445020673?s=20
https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1380770606774427648?s=20

King.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lid posted:

Paz was actually the reason I was interested in Zwan, even more than Billy, cause I became a huge mark for her on APCs first album. I even have her weirdo solo album she made between the two projects, Yellow mY sky Captain. I somehow missed she was now in the Pixies.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/teenageexorcis1/status/1380625454575583238?s=21

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Of course Regal thinks you need correct capital letters in your email address

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The New Day and a fan.
https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/1380636694588878853

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1380886299205320705?s=20

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

This checks out. :hmmyes:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jiro posted:

This checks out. :hmmyes:

Because they would have been blasted out of the sky. Only an approaching army headed by his perceived greatest threat and a sneaky gardener were able to save the day.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

because the nazgul exist

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shard posted:

Because they would have been blasted out of the sky. Only an approaching army headed by his perceived greatest threat and a sneaky gardener were able to save the day.

What are you talking about??? They could have flown all the way to the southern edge of the mountains that wall off Mordor or all the way to the north or completely circle around and come at Amon Amarth from the freaking rear totally spread out. Not all routes even in the sky require you to go through the Black Gate or even anything that's remotely populated. :cmon:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The ring took advantage of a person's pride to corrupt them and the eagles are a proud race, this is very simple.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TTBF posted:

The ring took advantage of a person's pride to corrupt them and the eagles are a proud race, this is very simple.

Surely there was at least one eagle with low self-esteem.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
1) the eagles were not under gandalfs command. they owed him reasonable favors

2) ring had to be cast into where it was forged, not just a general area of mt doom

3) hobbits were not powerful so it would take a long time for the ring to corrupt them. the eagles would have immediately gone full bugshit and went to dave and busters and spent their entire paycheck

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
4) also its really easy to spot some huge eagles flying in the air

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
to bring this back to wrestling, having the Eagles take the ring is like having someone unsigned appear on Dynamite. Sauron Vince will immediately see them and sign them. If you keep them on the indies only then the Nazgul William Regal and Road Dogg have to spend a lot of time looking for them

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

MotU posted:

1) the eagles were not under gandalfs command. they owed him reasonable favors

2) [b]ring had to be cast into where it was forged, not just a general area of mt doom[\b]

3) hobbits were not powerful so it would take a long time for the ring to corrupt them. the eagles would have immediately gone full bugshit and went to dave and busters and spent their entire paycheck

MotU posted:

4) also its really easy to spot some huge eagles flying in the air

How LOW to the ground are these Eagles flying in your head????? And flying at night above the clouds isn't an option????

Being the main mode of transportation to get rid of the thing that almost caused the end of the world once is a pretty reasonable favor to ask.

You make it sound like you just drop the ring into an actively spewing volcano instead of just landing near the Crack of Doom, and going inside to drop it back into the lava isn't at all a reasonable option.

Why would the Eagles be more susceptible than Hobbits? Elves gifted a lot of animals consciousness hence the hierarchy of animals that exist on Middle-Earth. :psypop:

The real answer is Tolkien didn't think about it and if he did he knew there would be no loving plot. :laffo:

Jiro fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 10, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Eagles would have been there but Don Callis got in their ears and...

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Jiro posted:

How LOW to the ground are these Eagles flying in your head????? And flying at night above the clouds isn't an option????

Being the main mode of transportation to get rid of the thing that almost caused the end of the world once is a pretty reasonable favor to ask.

You make it sound like you just drop the ring into an actively spewing volcano instead of just landing near the Crack of Doom, and going inside to drop it back into the lava isn't at all a reasonable option.

Why would the Eagles be more susceptible than Hobbits? Elves gifted a lot of animals consciousness hence the hierarchy of animals that exist on Middle-Earth. :psypop:

The real answer is Tolkien didn't think about it and if he did he knew there would be no loving plot. :laffo:

1) low enough that the eye of sauron would have a lear shot on them. he could also feel the presence so just it flying in the straight line would be like "drat must be flying lemme just send some winged monkeys in its general direction"

2) no thats actually like an unreasonable favor to ask. the eagles dont give a poo poo because it almost caused the end of man/elves/idiots and not the end of eagles. this is a people problem.

3) yeah they could walk it back in but it would leave them vulnerable

4) the more powerful and proud something is the quicker the ring would corrupt them. hobbits are literally the most innate good creature and it still almost got frodo

the real answer is you didnt think about any of this and youre just arguing to be a Contrarian, checkmate

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The only lord of the ring is my boy WALTER

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The only lord of the ring is my boy WALTER

excuse me he's the General of the ring

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

instead of Imperium, WALTER's faction should be called Ehrgeiz

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

excuse me, can we stop talking about this nerd stuff and get back to the topic at hand: pro wrestler's posts on twitter, which is not embarrassingly dorky at all,

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

instead of Imperium, WALTER's faction should be called Ehrgeiz

EURguyz

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

MotU posted:

checkmate

Is arguing a point being willingly contrarian? Cause I do legit believe that Tolkien just memory holed the use of Eagles because he knew that was an easy answer to his whole story. WALTER on the other hand is the type to only be corrupted at the very very end, if only to give himself more strength to chop people's chests.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/PeteyWrestling/status/1380927602467213314

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ALPHA, MJF HAS ESCAPED! GET ME 5 HUNKS WITH ATTITUDE