Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Oh poo poo he said Hall of Flavor, didn't he

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Brian Cage is pretty lovely but he seems quieter about it

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Eat My Fuc posted:

Slamming the mic on her head with in ear monitors in and AEW having no idea how to mix live sound so her monitors were probably still turned up high could have lead to blown eardrums. This is a stupid criticism designed to keep people from talking about how good of a match it was over all and how one of the only legit complaints against AEW is quickly being solved.

they only solved the legit complaint by piping in NBA game audio, which had better sound mixing

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

kinetic77 posted:

I don’t get it. Why does Tony have such a hard on for Cezar and why is JD Drake bunched in with these two?

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1376680872284405760?s=21

finally figured out that cezar is reminding me of Tendo from yakuza 7 in that pic and im fine w/ him now

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Rybaxel was one of the greatest tag teams to ever exist in all of wrestling history so I can see why kids liked Ryback

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
drat can't believe the 700k rating allowed WWE to buy AEW

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Inherently worse since he says wifey

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

mama mia tope pizzeria

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
1) the eagles were not under gandalfs command. they owed him reasonable favors

2) ring had to be cast into where it was forged, not just a general area of mt doom

3) hobbits were not powerful so it would take a long time for the ring to corrupt them. the eagles would have immediately gone full bugshit and went to dave and busters and spent their entire paycheck

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
4) also its really easy to spot some huge eagles flying in the air

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
to bring this back to wrestling, having the Eagles take the ring is like having someone unsigned appear on Dynamite. Sauron Vince will immediately see them and sign them. If you keep them on the indies only then the Nazgul William Regal and Road Dogg have to spend a lot of time looking for them

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Jiro posted:

How LOW to the ground are these Eagles flying in your head????? And flying at night above the clouds isn't an option????

Being the main mode of transportation to get rid of the thing that almost caused the end of the world once is a pretty reasonable favor to ask.

You make it sound like you just drop the ring into an actively spewing volcano instead of just landing near the Crack of Doom, and going inside to drop it back into the lava isn't at all a reasonable option.

Why would the Eagles be more susceptible than Hobbits? Elves gifted a lot of animals consciousness hence the hierarchy of animals that exist on Middle-Earth. :psypop:

The real answer is Tolkien didn't think about it and if he did he knew there would be no loving plot. :laffo:

1) low enough that the eye of sauron would have a lear shot on them. he could also feel the presence so just it flying in the straight line would be like "drat must be flying lemme just send some winged monkeys in its general direction"

2) no thats actually like an unreasonable favor to ask. the eagles dont give a poo poo because it almost caused the end of man/elves/idiots and not the end of eagles. this is a people problem.

3) yeah they could walk it back in but it would leave them vulnerable

4) the more powerful and proud something is the quicker the ring would corrupt them. hobbits are literally the most innate good creature and it still almost got frodo

the real answer is you didnt think about any of this and youre just arguing to be a Contrarian, checkmate

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The only lord of the ring is my boy WALTER

excuse me he's the General of the ring

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

the escape goat posted:

how soon you forget about their partnership with Chili's

chilis is good tho they have southwestern egg rolls except actually no theyre bad b/c all the sauce is like ranch based

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Holy poo poo same I am stoked that Adam Bomb is alive and I need to tell him how he was my favorite wrestler of the entire 90s

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I likely got the names just mixed up because I only know him as Adam Bomb and Brian Adams having a similar name to the gimmick probably crossed my wires

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

vince having to confirm that roddy is in heaven holding a spot for him and not in hell is funny to me

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Power Windows posted:

...I had no idea individually wrapped hot dogs were a thing

Do you just get like a tub of hotdogs or something? How do you get them to not stick together

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
So do you throw out like the rest of them once they go bad? I can't imagine eating 25 hotdogs in 2 days unless it was a large group of people I guess

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm a big Cody Mark, I don't know or care who Cutie Marshall is but I'm here for the feud because of Cody

thats like going to a restaurant because of what kind of plates they use

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

flatluigi posted:

i think whether or not you like the factory/family feud depends on if you think it's a vehicle to get the new blood over or if you think it's a vehicle to get cody over

Feud literally featuring a Cody vehicle this week. He's not even subtle anymore . . .

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

davidbix posted:

Even that night, my impression is that once the locker room situation was under control, everyone's primary concern was Cass's wellbeing. When the story started circulating secondhand, it was treated as a bit more of a semi-comedic situation, but when I talked to people who were there, it quickly became clear that some serious poo poo had gone down. I forget when I heard the "Cass told Joey he was going to murder him" detail, but the initial secondhand versions I was hearing didn't include "and then Cass was outside talking about being suicidal and the cops made sure to get him to the hospital" part, which really was key to understanding what was going on.

Was that at the Rahway show?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

davidbix posted:

Yes, the September 14, 2019 show that was suppose to be Pat's semi-farewell.

yeah I passed by that on my way home from work that day I was just curious if that was the event everyone was talking about. Cops and cass were already outside, cass sitting on a curb

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

I actually went and looked up that article because what the gently caress, and not only are two of the top three people on there men, but they literally no joke have goddamn Fabulous Moolah on the list.

Fabulous Moolah is one of the most influential people in wrestling history it is just a massively negative influence that set back American women's wrestling for decades and decades

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

As I alluded to that's not the main problem here, so I guess I might as well post the whole thing.

pretty sure we were both aware of what the problem was and were just commenting on it in a way that kept the original title of the article of "influential" and made it about her bad points, as a joke (but a joke that is true)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
the name of his monitor is The Wrestling Bubble

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
his eggshell white, serrated hog. drat

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Someone at work keeps loading the toner wrong, why couldn't God have taken them instead of New Jack . . . or why couldn't New Jack have taken them . . . .

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

I hope Cody include this in his next promo

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
It takes Io 20+ minutes to have a match where Ricochet can flip around and lose a match in less than 5. Not only can he do everything he can do it all faster

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
rip the singh brothers I hope jinder does a 21 khallas salute for them on main event

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Vince MechMahon posted:

Care to elaborate?

Going to guess it is just some of the stuff Rovert has been alluding to on Twitter which has to do with Don Callis being a creep to Scarlett Bordeaux but that’s also a very old story

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
John cena go on hololive

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
cody, the pissboy

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Jack Evans is the only wrestler to smell as bad as Sami Callahan

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

StarkRavingMad posted:

Jack just smells like weed, you can't hold that against him

ive smelled jack evans and he may have a Condition

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
llconics like back in the AOL screen name days

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
the Ilkhanates

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
It actually originated in 1967 when then champion Leeban Jones was ducking the challenger Mike “Fortress” Foervar and “Fight Foervar” kinda got mangled into “Fight Forever” over the years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Rarity posted:

Minoru Suzuki is one of the most respected names in Japanese wrestling of the last 30 years and was hugely influential on the Japanese shoot fighting scene. He's way more high profile than Dustin's ever been

he isnt a real star until he's had 6 and a half minute match on dark elevation