Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UF’s back to back championship campaign off to a slow start!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

UF will probably put it together and Miami is actually really good for the first time in awhile.

Disappointing start though.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Was that first walkoff a GS? Scoreboard showed runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Either way...loving bomb.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

God this is loving filthy rockstar poo poo. Electric.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

Hell yeah, happy to see this thread exists. Cocks are playing very well so far (10-0 and beat Clemson!) and Wes Clarke is an absolutely insane dinger machine at the moment. Big road test this week with a trip to Texas.

I'm gonna try to moonwalk up to Cola for the UF series at the end of the month if I can scrape up some tickets.

Vaccinated baseball baybee :toot:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Blown out by a 500 Seminole squad smh

Aren’t going to defend our 2020 title that way!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I should be more bummed that UF is not very good at the moment but honestly this is a year where we are all just hoping for fourth behind Arky, Vandy and Miss St.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I wonder what percentage of that crowd is vaccinated

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Popete posted:

The uniforms aren't terrible but the golden helmet is awful.

Having watched plenty of Notre Dame football from their dull dijon mustard helmet days, I happen to appreciate the very shiny gold leaf look.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Rubber match w Vandy today. Didn’t expect us to touch Leiter for 7R yesterday but who the hell even knows anymore.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

My gators took the series. I think I speak for all of us when I say, “what the gently caress?”

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

just :laffo: at UF creeping back into the top 10 the past few weeks.

i know we took a series from Vandy, but we are godawful on the road and lack serious pitching depth.

i don't see any real possibility of making noise in the super regionals and beyond...too inconsistent.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I knew it was probably unlikely for the Gators to pull this series but 16 Ks......woof.

Looking like a laugher.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

tactlessbastard posted:

That displaced the Stoerner fumble in my pantheon of gut wrenching hog fandom

Y’all had one loving job

Also, your baseball team is amazing and I hope y’all take the title. Beat our asses.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Turned on UF-MSU after getting back from Costco.

:staredog:

Ok then.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Traitorous Leopard posted:

It's a good thing the tournament games should be meaningless for us cause we sure are playing like it. I expected to give up some runs given we're not pitching our main guys, but wow we've looked bad in pretty much every other phase of the game, too.

Not even jacked up to blow us out for stealing Dan Mullen smh

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

UF doing work gatdamn

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Oh cool, Tennessee turning us inside out again.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

lol why the gently caress does the SEC tournament switch from single elimination to double and back to single just for fun? So Tennessee comes into semis and doesn’t have to beat UF twice. Super dumb.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

chaoslord posted:

It’s to protect the 1-4 seeds from being one and done and also have it fit into a week. It’s extremely stupid but that’s why.

Mission accomplished

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Y’all are definitely the better team it’s just dumb to switch back and forth. Nonsense.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Going by the response to the bracket, it sounds like we’ve got one of the easiest roads to Omaha. Not getting off the bus in Hoover pays off, folks.

Now we just wait for Campbell to inexplicably emerge victorious and then take down ND on their Cinderella run.

drat, ten-runned twice in a row and still roped a national seed.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

elentar posted:

Yeah there goes the deluge. Fun while it lasted.

In the meantime, Florida is in real trouble against USF, down 5-3 going into the bottom of the 9th.

Yeah UF is not a great team this year and we are prob overrated where we are. 2020 will be a ‘what if’ team for us forever probably.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

elentar posted:

oof, Florida

Yep.

Oh well gently caress it. UF was not a good team this year. A massive disappointment.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

chaoslord posted:

Gainesville Regional: Thirteen #1 seeds are 2-0. Two are 1-1. And then there's Florida, who went 0-2, and got sent home by South Alabama to the tune of 19-1. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. South Florida clobbered Miami, too, so they have the advantage of waiting to see how the Miami/South Alabama rematch goes.

It's hard to believe that this was the same team that took a series from Vandy and made a deep run in a top-heavy SEC tournament.

I'm still reeling at how hard they quit. I guess it's irrelevant now. On to next year :negative:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

chaoslord posted:

That's Baseball (tm) I guess. How many Juniors/Seniors do you think yall will lose? Any fear that like LSU comes in for O'Sullivan? I don't know anything about the coaching carousel in baseball so maybe that's a silly question.

Unfortunately adulthood has made me much more casual in my baseball fanhood so I'm not as well-versed in roster makeup.

Not sure about O'Sullivan--I was more worried when Clemson opened up but at this point he has a new stadium and has been at UF over a decade. I'm not remotely plugged into anything though.

LSU is a great job though and it wouldn't surprise me.

Onward and upward I guess. UF is a great job too and I'm sure we will hire someone decent if he bails.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Arky being the team they are this year only to get booted by Nebraska would be hilarious though

Clint Stoerner doesn’t play baseball at least.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

God I miss Gorilla Ball.

Hell, same. Even if UF really only toyed with it in a doomed Brad Wilkerson season.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

BAM! HOME RUN LSU!

I have to believe that it's because Oregon is disguised as some very boring baseball team currently.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

They can stay disguised like that for 8 more innings, IMO.

My Gators are dead I just want to watch lots of dingers.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

That catch :monocle:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’m gobsmacked that they are going to keep the DBU-UVA/ODU super regional in Columbia.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

kayakyakr posted:

I mean, UVA and ODU are guaranteed to be the higher seeds there, so they're not going to go to make either of those two teams travel to Fort Worth. Not many other places to have it.

Go to Fort Worth. It’s dumb not to have the supers at one of the participants campuses.

Then again I want campus games in CFB playoff and I don’t give a poo poo about the financials.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

kayakyakr posted:

This Virginia pitcher is really wild. Punching his head, grinding his teeth. His wind up is so crazy for a sidewinder too.

In 40 years he’ll be in the woods in an airstream holding a shotgun and broadcasting over long wave radio

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Y’all can keep your goddamned corndog battered fingers off our stout, tanned boy O’Sullivan.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

WCWS game is at risk of turning into a bomb fest.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

If I wanted to make my wall short I’d just make it the entire height instead of painting an arbitrary red line and making everyone guess if it’s a dinger.

Just make em hit it over the entire fuckin wall.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

That's probably ballgame there. Slippin and slidin.

I don't like this thing where Tennessee is good at baseball. At least they're still lovely at football.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Whoa hey fucker rude

Also biooooom

ALEXA PLAY ROCKY TOP

It’s ok we are all fighting for second place in football anyway. At least UGA’s last consequential trophy is 40+ years old.

Y’all are going to be a problem for us in baseball for awhile. Your coach seems to have UT ascendant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

RIP Arizona.