Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Then how do you make it work?

Me? Personally? I’d snap the dog in half and put the halves side by side in the bun. I wouldn’t show the creation to my hot and very strong wife out of embarrassment but if she saw it par chance I think I could justify it.

But what about you? Maybe you would just say forget it and eat the dog alone? How would you cut the bun? How might that affect subsequent topping choices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Butterfly it, then cut in half. Four rows of half-dogs.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Please feel free to use images if needed

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bold of you to assume that this situation wouldn't drive me into a screaming meltdown, op

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Honestly the bun is just filler in this situation. It exists to grasp the steaming hot sausage without burning your hands. A hamburger bun suits this purpose just as tidily as a hotdog bun. I'd just grasp one end with the bun and let the sausage hang out and toss the bun to some birds when I'm finished with the sausage.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Blender

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Honestly the bun is just filler in this situation. It exists to grasp the steaming hot sausage without burning your hands. A hamburger bun suits this purpose just as tidily as a hotdog bun. I'd just grasp one end with the bun and let the sausage hang out and toss the bun to some birds when I'm finished with the sausage.

This is a bold and holistic stance. It thinks beyond the dog.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
use the top bun and fold it around the dog, or both sides if you're having two dogs

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Like this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nut
Jul 30, 2019

heehee posted:

use the top bun and fold it around the dog, or both sides if you're having two dogs

The bun immediately snaps under even the weakest bending

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

nut posted:

The bun immediately snaps under even the weakest bending
Microwave it. Cut the hot dog in half, then use each bun half as a single hot dog bun.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

FactsAreUseless posted:

Microwave it. Cut the hot dog in half, then use each bun half as a single hot dog bun.

You microwave the bun and it comes out exceptionally wet on its bottom. You don’t know a lot about microwaves but it still just doesn’t make sense you. Where did all the water come from?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Slice and drop the dog into your instant ramen. Cut the bun in half, stick cheese between it and butter the outside and make a grilled cheese. You now have ramen and a sando. Congratulations

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

nut posted:

You microwave the bun and it comes out exceptionally wet on its bottom. You don’t know a lot about microwaves but it still just doesn’t make sense you. Where did all the water come from?
I microwave the water, leaving the bun dry

nut
Jul 30, 2019

FactsAreUseless posted:

I microwave the water, leaving the bun dry

The water is all gone, the bun is rock solid. It can’t bend though perhaps new options have been unlocked...

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

op do I have tortillas or is the only other food in the house a hamburger bun?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Slice and drop the dog into your instant ramen. Cut the bun in half, stick cheese between it and butter the outside and make a grilled cheese. You now have ramen and a sando. Congratulations

Does a hamburger bun make a good grilled cheese? Seems like a lot of bread... guess we’ll have to wait and see what the judges say

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

op do I have tortillas or is the only other food in the house a hamburger bun?

You have access to the common pantry but I won’t be happy if the bun is completely out the window

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Lots of good ideas in here

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

nut posted:

The water is all gone, the bun is rock solid. It can’t bend though perhaps new options have been unlocked...
Use the bun to break into a Franz bakery outlet

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i shred the bun and wet it into a paste, then rub that all over the dog

nut
Jul 30, 2019

What if your hotdog was cut on each end and roasted so it does the octopus leg thing? How would that change your plans?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
youve got to go full bento at that point

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/kID8CSi.mp4

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

nut posted:

You have access to the common pantry but I won’t be happy if the bun is completely out the window

Excellent. I allow the bun to stay out for a few days and make croutons out of it. I create a roasted salad from beets, caramelized onions, and other root vegetables allowed to me. The bun croutons garnish the salad. I roll the hot dog up in a tortilla with cheese. Then I slice it like you do pinwheel sandwiches. Maybe crumble a little bit of chives over the top of it all.

alternatively; slice the hot dog lengthwise, then again in half the other way. throw it in a pan sliced-side down and heat it that way until it blisters just a little bit. Then chop finely, pile on a hamburger bun, and put a touch of bbq sauce on it. Hot Dog Sloppy Joes.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I cut the hot dog into thirds and give it to the dogs and then make a hamburger and put it on the hamburger bun.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

nut posted:

I’d snap the dog in half and put the halves side by side in the bun.

I've done this many times. Also sometimes cutting the dogs in half lengthwise, which makes for less chance of them rolling out of the bun and causing me to swear.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Excellent. I allow the bun to stay out for a few days and make croutons out of it. I create a roasted salad from beets, caramelized onions, and other root vegetables allowed to me. The bun croutons garnish the salad. I roll the hot dog up in a tortilla with cheese. Then I slice it like you do pinwheel sandwiches. Maybe crumble a little bit of chives over the top of it all.

alternatively; slice the hot dog lengthwise, then again in half the other way. throw it in a pan sliced-side down and heat it that way until it blisters just a little bit. Then chop finely, pile on a hamburger bun, and put a touch of bbq sauce on it. Hot Dog Sloppy Joes.

Ted allen is just busting reading this

nut
Jul 30, 2019

If you cut the dog lengthwise do you go back to the grill or

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

wad it all up into a ball and insert it

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

this is the content i crave

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

ball peen hammer

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
scoop the breading from the upper half of the bun creating a bowl. put it in the oven. create a soup puree with the hotdog, fill the hardened bun-bowl. use the bun scoopings to dip in the soup i guess

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
Flop that dog right in there. Flatten the hell out of the dog less part of the bread, then bite those sections off. Then proceed as normal.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
We haven't even touched the topic of condiments OP. Ketchup, cheese, onions, what're we working with?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
apply hydraulic press to buns side by side

wrap flatbun around hot dog

nut
Jul 30, 2019

R.L. Stine posted:

scoop the breading from the upper half of the bun creating a bowl. put it in the oven. create a soup puree with the hotdog, fill the hardened bun-bowl. use the bun scoopings to dip in the soup i guess

Dramatic

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Arrhythmia posted:

We haven't even touched the topic of condiments OP. Ketchup, cheese, onions, what're we working with?

I’ll let you include literally anything but you have to call them fixins

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

nut posted:

What if your hotdog was cut on each end and roasted so it does the octopus leg thing? How would that change your plans?

i would no longer eat the hot dog for that would be haram