Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
A single round slice of hotdog placed in the centre of the bun. I'd demonstrate, but have no hotdogs or burger buns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

what if u had a hotdog and only hard taco shells

nut
Jul 30, 2019

every morning my stepdad wakes up and plays 1-2 hours of candy crushh he's says the puzzling hones his sharp mind and makes him think outside the box, presumably about new candy gems yet to come.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I think I'll play it safe and eat the bun and sausage seperately.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I think I'll play it safe and eat the bun and sausage seperately.

fair but how would you plate it before you eat it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Une sausage avec bun toast avec one sprig of parsley

nut
Jul 30, 2019

really mulled it over over lunch and i think you might like what i came up with

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

nut posted:

fair but how would you plate it before you eat it

Plate?? :confused:
I was planning to dump some condiment on the cleanest part of the sidewalk and get tucked in.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nut posted:

:ninja:

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

nut posted:

you didn't even think to cut the hot dog lengthwise so the pieces lay flat on the bun? i love you nut but i'm disappointed

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
throw the hot dog and bun at a fuckin cop and get some free food for the rest of the week

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I think if you sliced the hotdog into small coins about 1 to 2mm thick you could layer it on the bun in a variety of structures, but to require such precision probably needs a knife or teeth

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

20 Blunts posted:

throw the hot dog and bun at a fuckin cop and get some free food for the rest of the week

Hotdogs for my family

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

cut up the dog and bun, mash it all together in a coffee cup with some beer and ketchup, throw that poo poo in he microwave til it's a steamy, lumpy blob

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
mexican hot dogs are top tier

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Chinatown posted:

mexican hot dogs are top tier

Is it true they're made from real dogs?

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

BigBadSteve posted:

false

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

aldantefax posted:

I think if you sliced the hotdog into small coins about 1 to 2mm thick you could layer it on the bun in a variety of structures, but to require such precision probably needs a knife or teeth

if you purée the hot dog, adding a critical volume of liquid will turn the hot dog into a slurry which allows a lot of exciting new delivery methods. for example, you could flatten the bun, tie the liquid hot dog inside, and have strangers throw it at your mouth for a meaty delight

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
If I had a hotdog and only a hamburger bun I would probably sigh and throw them both in the trash. If I was in a bad mood I would scream a bunch of unrepeatable vitriol at the bun for about 15 minutes or until I ran out of steam, then I would sigh and throw them both in the trash.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I think you could mash the center of the bottom bun a little bit and then toast it so that you have a shallow bowl with which to deposit the hot dog puree into. Assuming no other condiments, toppings, panoply, equipage, or acoutrements with the hot dog and hamburger bun (not even sesame seeds!) you should be able to allow the whole thing to congeal and generally have a reasonably even distribution of hot dog slurry. You could also, after pureeing, re-process the hot dog into a patty shape on the stove and fry it off and then have yourself a hothamburdogger. Classic move.

However, let us not be remiss if the hot dog is comically large in size, such as the popular "Big Hot Dog":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfA_L_zfqiU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BigBadSteve posted:

thats very rude

nut
Jul 30, 2019

thoughts?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Chinatown posted:

thats very rude

what''s the difference, pigs are smarter than dogs anyways, don't pretend to care about animals and eat meat lmao

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Do it ironically posted:

what''s the difference, pigs are smarter than dogs anyways, don't pretend to care about animals and eat meat lmao

Its also okay to care about racism, hth

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Do it ironically posted:

Uh, excuse me my dog is very smart and he does math and runs a three card monty hustle on the weekends. I ain’t see no pig doing that.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

there's a beautiful danger in the butterfly. how long will the bread hinge last before it gives out? a fragile beauty endemic to the muse from which it was borne

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

nut posted:

there's a beautiful danger in the butterfly. how long will the bread hinge last before it gives out? a fragile beauty endemic to the muse from which it was borne

hang on a minute does this mean your hamburger bun is unsliced? or are we talking residual tail style bread hinge from a pack of presliced?

if they're unsliced that gives a lot of new ideas imho

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Aardvark! posted:

hang on a minute does this mean your hamburger bun is unsliced? or are we talking residual tail style bread hinge from a pack of presliced?

i was using the sad remaining bread hinge in some presliced buns (a tiny reminder of the imperfection of the universe) but i'll allow uncut

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Aardvark! posted:

ur not wrong

not pictured: the bread "core"

Manifisto
Sep 18, 2013

Pillbug

nut posted:

Then how do you make it work?

the only serious issue here is the wine pairing. the flintiness of a sancerre would enhance the nitrate tang of processed pork anus but the real challenge comes in complementing the jammy high fructose corn syrup notes from the ketchup while taming the pronounced rotten cabbage funk of the sauerkraut. other dedicated winehounds will doubtless crucify me for the cliche but there's a reason Romanée-Conti has the reputation it does, and the 2005 vintage is a hell of a wine for your $40 grand.

I'd decant cautiously, arrange the sandwich ingredients into the obvious configuration, and savor the hotdog's offal-like bouquet before guzzling the wine from the bottle and chucking the bottle into the fireplace

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Manifisto posted:

the only serious issue here is the wine pairing. the flintiness of a sancerre would enhance the nitrate tang of processed pork anus but the real challenge comes in complementing the jammy high fructose corn syrup notes from the ketchup while taming the pronounced rotten cabbage funk of the sauerkraut. other dedicated winehounds will doubtless crucify me for the cliche but there's a reason Romanée-Conti has the reputation it does, and the 2005 vintage is a hell of a wine for your $40 grand.

I'd decant cautiously, arrange the sandwich ingredients into the obvious configuration, and savor the hotdog's offal-like bouquet before guzzling the wine from the bottle and chucking the bottle into the fireplace

if you subscribe to the Lonesome George delivery model, you could use the remnant "core" of bread as a sort of cork

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
there are those who debate the historicity of Lonesome George, but I'm not sure that doing so impacts his spiritual appeal

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

nut posted:

ur not wrong

this is what british people eat

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
cut the dog in half, then slice each half into thin slivers and layer it on the bun like a substitute for baloney. put some cheese on it and broil it. serve with pickle relish and mustard, or whatever. got any chili? consume while stoned

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Shred the hotdog and the bun into homogenous mass then add ketchup and drink it you disgusting goon

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

nut posted:

ur not wrong

famously invented by the fourth earl d'george when he wanted to play cards with one hand and eat a lovely hot dog in the other

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Colonel Cancer posted:

Shred the hotdog and the bun into homogenous mass then add ketchup and drink it you disgusting goon

NOW we're getting somewhere

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

you gotta be familiar with the "octopus" technique for that one