Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

over the last several months everyone's "favorite" political hanger on and former mayor rahm emmanuel has been "in consideration" for quite a few positions with the biden administration - starting with a cabinet position, and now supposedly he'll be the next ambassador of japan! quite the journey so far for our special boy.

it is very funny to watch him self-source anonymous articles about how Very Seriously joe biden is considering appointing him to increasingly less powerful positions.

how this thread will work:

post what position you think rahm will end up with. if you correctly predict it ill buy you an avatar or something. it'll be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

my guess: ambassador to canada

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
ambassador to whatever closet they shuffled larry summers into

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Rahm is getting jack poo poo, and it's wonderful.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
head janitor at the obama library

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Mayor of Picher, Oklahoma

Dreissi
Feb 14, 2007

:dukedog:
College Slice
Is nothing a valid bet? Because that’s what I’m betting. Rahm won’t get poo poo.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

nothing, but in a better world he would be in charge of keeping dennis rodman sober

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

he'll get nothing. i don't expect a prize for when i get this right

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Nothing. I think a better betting pool would be what's the most obscure position that Emanuel will pitch for himself before Biden's out of office.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
If they were going to offer him something they would have done it by now. If he gets anything it will be a punishment somehow

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
After a funny series of misunderstandings, Rahm is my roommate. We get into silly hijinks.

Rahmmates, this fall on CBS

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ambassador to South Korea.

I have sources from The Hill.

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

if nothing wins you get... nothing :smug:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Assuming there's someone working for the Biden Administration who has 300 unread emails from Rahm asking about that job interview and you absolutely have to give him something so he'll finally shut up, ambassador to Mauritius. Developed enough that he can't destabilize it merely by loving up, and small enough that when he does inevitably gently caress up it doesn't ruin anyone's economy

However I must conclude that he's most likely getting nothing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ambassador to the provisional republic of gaza sponsored by facebook, 2023

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Ambassador to the Chicago PD when we exile them to an island in Lake Michigan.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Since I'm Finnish, I'll bet ambassador to Finland, since your Democrats have hoisted horrible people upon us in recent memory too :smith:

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Vice president of UI Champaign?

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Replacing Neera as head of CAP.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

GoutPatrol posted:

Ambassador to South Korea.

I have sources from The Hill.

Special liaison to the Blue House.

Not the one in Korea, just one that was repainted outside the HOA-approved color list in a Chicago suburb.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Looking at the list of open positions, one jumps out.

Rahm for Ambassador to Israel

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Space Gopher posted:

Special liaison to the Blue House.

Not the one in Korea, just one that was repainted outside the HOA-approved color list in a Chicago suburb.

Special Liaison to the House of Blues

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ambassador to Antarctica

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Ego-bot posted:

Replacing Neera as head of CAP.
too white. too male. and i'm sure they will pick someone less controversial, like ayaan hirsi ali

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
I'm guessing an ambassadorship for Rahm is off the table now...:stare:

https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/status/1363873442781532164

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Zahm Ezzanuel just sent me a text messaged me to let me know Rahm is being considered for Secretary of Education for his extensive knowledge of study habits and parenting techniques.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Majorian posted:

I'm guessing an ambassadorship for Rahm is off the table now...:stare:

https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/status/1363873442781532164

yeah if anyone ever wondered how the gently caress someone can manage to be hated by pretty god damned near everyone, including a ton of people famous for holding their noses around huge assholes and the worst of the american political class, rahm is *the* case study

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
ambassador to the marianas trench

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Rahm will start a one man think tank with an official sounding name and continue to leak to Politico and The Hill that he is on the shortlist for deputy assistant undersecretary for western Nebraska infrastructure at the Rahm Emanuel for Secretary of Transportation Center

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Aruan posted:

my guess: ambassador to canada

We don't want him here, send him to Saudi or another country that deserves to be pissed off and casually disrespected. Ideally one that's unpleasant for him to live in as well.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Ambassador to Congo :pray:

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Ambassador to the Independent Nation-State of REAL AMERICA seceded Texas.

Ambassador to the House GOP.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Special Liaison to the US Antarctic Mission

Pick posted:

Ambassador to Antarctica

gently caress. beaten.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Ambassador to Singapore, which Trump never even bothered to fill.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Grammarchist posted:

Ambassador to Singapore, which Trump never even bothered to fill.

I honestly and sincerely question the logic of a president who ran on a "Tough on China" platform who doesn't appoint an ambassador to Singapore :psyboom:

He's been out of the White House for more than a month and I'm still finding out new details about how terrible he was for this country

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Ambassador to Sealand.

Alternatively, he's already been offered several ambassadorships but he's turned them down and is holding out for a better position.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
Rahm Emmanuel, second sitting Secretary of State under President Joe Biden

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

I honestly and sincerely question the logic of a president who ran on a "Tough on China" platform who doesn't appoint an ambassador to Singapore :psyboom:

He's been out of the White House for more than a month and I'm still finding out new details about how terrible he was for this country

Technically he tried to give that position to K. T. McFarland because he liked her on Fox News, but she was so heavily implicated with Flynn and the Russia investigation that even a GOP Senate wouldn't advance her. Trump then proceeded to forget Singapore existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

A penal colony on the moon.