Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Xenoblade 2 using different accents for each of its countries was a great thing that more games should do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Endorph posted:

unfortunately the dub having absolutely no direction so rex's va having no idea how to scream, was not a great thing
I can overlook the protagonist having a bad scream in cutscenes in exchange for Welsh catpeople, the militaristic Scottish empire, and dub Malos who is fantastic.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Plutonis posted:

Xenoblade 2's dub was loving horrid dude.
I liked it, guess I just have low standards.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
How long does it usually take an anime to come out of Netflix jail?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Larryb posted:

Lupin characters never age either.

Come to think of it, aside from Goemon joining the crew in the first series has there been any other major event that gets called back to from an earlier season?
There's a fun bit in Part 5 where Lupin uses the castle of Cagliostro as a hideout.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Granted it's been a while since I watched it, but I don't remember anything in Psycho-Pass that would put it in a top ten list of depressing anime.
Characters die in it and some of the crimes are gruesome (the one with the guy turning people into sculptures sticks in my mind but that's like the only one I can remember), but I wouldn't call it depressing.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Grouchio posted:

I'm already vaccinated along with my parents, so yeah, as long as it perishes more Qanon types and other reactionaries it's cool
Just so you know, it’s already looking like the delta variant is better at getting people who are double vaccinated.
It feels like I’m hearing about it happening a lot more now, and even the UK health secretary tested positive this weekend despite having two doses (and is still lifting all our restrictions on Monday lol).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I primarily tend to watch subs just because they’re available first, but if a dub has a voice actor in it that I like from something else I sometimes watch that instead.

Recently I’ve started using dubs as a recap of shows before a new series starts, like before this season I watched the dubs of season 1 of Maid Dragon and Villainess which is a fun way of reminding myself what’s happened before the new series while also being fresh and not just watching the exact same thing I’ve watched before.